An effective project management and analysis leader with a distinguished background of developing sound strategic business solutions while, employing project management and analysis best practices and methodologies. A solutions - oriented IT specialist with distinguished achievements directing a broad range of corporate initiatives while, contributing to the initiating, planning, implementing, closing and analysis of simultaneous, multi-phased IT projects.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Enterprise Portfolio Management
- Application & Project Portfolio Management
- Change Management / Advisory Board
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
- Team Building / Mentoring & Coaching
- SDLC Methods / Practices
- Oracle Knowledge Management
- Implementing Project Management Lifecycle
- Portfolio & Business Alignment
- Process Implementation & Improvement
- Onshore/Offshore Outsourcing Model
- MS Project
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, MS Project, Facets, QNXT, ALM, JIRA, REI, MoqUps
Languages: SQL and UML
Software: MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Project
Web Technologies: Microsoft FrontPage
Quality Management: Quick Test Professional, Test Director and Bugzilla
Methodologies/ Framework: Rational Unified Process (Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, and ClearQuest), Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams
- Worked on UI mockups
- Participated in Analysis and JAD sessions
- Updated Use Cases for new and ongoing enhancements in the system.
- Performed UAT
- Defined new processes and interfaces with other systems
- Worked with .net developers in creating working mocks, data models.
- Proposed and championed the idea of a responsive design for UI across multiple platforms
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed and documented business requirements based on the analysis of workflow model.
- Extensively worked with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word SharePoint etc) for documentation.
- Established portfolios and instituted Bi-Weekly Risk Management and Status Update calls with leadership.
- Oversaw all projects in the PMO including business, IT, audit & compliance, and strategic initiatives.
- Created roadmaps and project plans in alignment with organization’s growth aspirations.
- Conducted cost-benefit analysis on projects feasibility, ROI and viability prior to presenting concept projects to the steering committee.
- Created executive presentations on portfolio status for the BOD and Sr. Management.
- Provided supervision and support to team members on a project by project basis
- Assisted in customizing and implementing Organizational SDLC and PDLC
Environment: MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project, Share Point, MS Visio, SQL Server
Project Manager/Sr. Consultant
- Helped project sponsor to create SOT Business case and related documentation to get the initiative or idea into an approved project.
- Prepared Work break down structure & established the project baseline.
- Prepared Communication project plan with the help of the SMEs.
- Worked closely with stakeholders to identify the tasks owners, helped them establish due date; identified roadblocks, critical path to deliver the tasks on time.
- Initiated the projects from beginning and building the framework that aligns with the business need & stood up project team.
- Captured SOT regulatory source of truth documents from Confidential & CMS websites
- Prepared & communicate weekly status to the stakeholders.
- Conducted the Executive Steering Committee.
- Co-ordinated with the on-shore and the offshore teams to make sure work is delivered on time as planned.
- Supported JIRA project administration by setting up effective workflows, complex projects, security schemes, custom forms, fields, dashboards and report configurations
- Created budget and fund allocation plans for the IT department, to fund projects that added the highest value to the organizational needs and goals
- Worked with the senior leadership to resolve project related issues.
- Provided consulting advice on process improvement to help the business in day-to-day activities.
- Created JIRA projects, queries and reports as needed
- Implemented ALM tool (TFS) to provide body and orientation to PMO for managing multiple projects being developed in-house or vendor managed.
- Worked with the stakeholders to establish the Operational readiness project plan to make sure right contacts are assigned/engaged & educated to complete the operation tasks on time.
- Established portfolios and instituted Bi-Weekly Risk Management and Status Update calls with leadership.
- Mentored & provided oversight to the newly hired and Junior Project Managers .
- Coordinated with stakeholders to ensure timely deliveries
- Managed project scope, client satisfaction, project schedule, budget, resources, overall tracking of issues, risks and deliverables
- Turned around the key project on Operation Automation that was behind schedule and met and exceeded all goals and objectives.
- Created Product Development Road Maps and led the feature release communications
- Identified and finalized software product features and requirements based on feedback from end users
- Led business process/data integration improvement opportunities to design the most optimal solution as requested by the various partners
- Led DocuSign Integration with salesforce and legacy lease generation system.
- Delivered next-generation Salesforce CRM software product tailored to organizational workflows
- Developed Quality Control (QC) test plans and test scripts, as well as supported and assisted clients in all testing phases through UAT
- Turned around the key project on Automation that was behind schedule and met and exceeded all goals and objectives. .
- Managed the bi-weekly Release cycle for the project.
- Conducted Daily Stand-up meetings to have the whole team on the same page and to find solutions for the issues at hand.
- Presented the assessment project portfolio at various executive levels to engage resources.
- Supported the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Created and executed communication plans and status reports to provide feedback to the executive team.
- Worked with management to create and communicate critical information to the user community via email, discussion boards, presentations, graphs, charts and tables.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for management decision using SQL Server
Environment: MS Excel, MS Office, Share Point, JIRA, ALM, MS Visio, REI, Facets, SQL Server, Planview
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Project Consultant
- Created and distributed program communications and performance reports on a consistent and timely basis, e.g., Weekly Program Scorecard provided to the Leadership Team each Friday and Program Monthly Executive Performance dashboard to the Leadership Team prior to each Executive Steering Committee meeting.
- Performed the back-end testing using SQL Queries and verified the data integrity.
- Planned the test cases approach based on project scope and timeline
- Interacted with the QA team and the Development team to ensure a smooth testing process.
- Participated in Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Handled Scope Change and maintained the Scope Change documentations.
- Conducted IVR Project Kickoff meeting covering project Scope and Goals, performing team introductions, reviewing roles and responsibilities and high-level Project Plan.
- Used Quality Center(QC) for logging and keeping a track of defects.
- Worked closely with Design team and end users to create several wireframes / mock-ups.
- Used Microsoft Project as the Project Management Tool to manage the different phases of the project.
- Created appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and gated milestones to effectively manage scope, time, quality, resources, and risks.
- Identified progress process improvements associated with the system change control process and proposing new alternative solutions.
- Developed SQL queries in oracle databases to conduct DB testing.
- Communicated with End Users and Systems Administration regarding any resources required by the Development and Test teams.
- Involved in the Configuration Management and Release Management. .
- Managed status updates to change request process through SharePoint site.
- Created user manual for the finished product with the help of the technical team.
- Coordinated Sprints, from Iteration Planning through daily Scrum, and Iteration Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Provided administrative and operational support for the PMO in regard to making sure project data is easily accessible, tracking project metrics and distributing project information as needed.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Office, Share Point, Jira, QNXT, MS Visio, HP Quality Center.
- Interacted with the Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to gather, understand and analyze business requirements.
- Created and/or contributed to the development of System Test and Overall Test and Review plans.
- Strategized implementation of RUP effort throughout SDLC.
- Prepared, designed, and executed test plans and cases (of moderate to high complexity) based on customer and software requirements and technical understanding of product architecture to attain quality software both economically and efficiently, including both new and existing feature regression tests.
- Conducted Gap analysis and Impact analysis of the “To-Be” model and generated Scope documents. Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Worked with crosswalks in relation to ICD 9 to ICD 10 Conversion.
- Performed mapping and validation of ICD 9 and ICD 10 codes.
- Validated the ICD 10 codes as per business applications.
- Created data flow diagrams/ activity diagrams displaying all major actors in the claim management system regarding HIPAA, EDI provider claim transactions, and clarified all system use cases / activity diagrams regarding claim submission and providers.
- Interacted with the Quality Assurance team for designing and developing test plans and test cases.
- Involved with the developers and the stakeholders in conducting walkthroughs.
- Conducted Integration and System testing.
- Conducted Positive and Negative testing manually.
- Performed Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using QTP.
- Used quality center to report defects and test results.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business, operations, and the technical teams throughout the project cycle.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and the business users, and the errors discovered were fixed and then verified via regression testing.
Environment: Mercury Quick Test Professional, Mercury Quality Center, MS Office, Windows 95/98/NT, XP,, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, HTML, SQL.