- Highly successful 10+ year career guiding global organization in defining and implementing new processes, models, and standards that have improved quality, delivery timeframes, and alignment of investments with business goals.
- Strength in coaching, mentoring, and leading technical, project management, and leadership teams in adopting the agile mindset, and Agile processes, Scrum, XP, Kanban, and best practices with strong business results. Skilled in building trust and collaboration among teams to drive change, support key business objectives, and maximize value creation across enterprise environments.
- Leading Large Organizational Transformations
- Coaching and Enabling Organizations to Adapt Agile Approaches
- Leveraging Agile Best Practices to Deliver Critical Projects
- Mentoring Teams in Improving and Standardizing Processes
- Selecting, Implementing and Leading Adoption of Tools across Systems Development and Project Management Lifecycles
- Delivering Agile and Project Management Training
- Communicating Value - Proposition of Scrum, Kanban, and XP Methods
- Building Strategic Relationships across an Enterprise to Positively Influence Change and Continuous Improvement
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
IT PMO MANAGER
- Trained, mentored, and developed 40 product owners into Certified Scrum Product Owners.
- Coached project managers and developers on Agile Methodology, and Scrum Framework, tools, and best practices.
- As a product owner drove the implementation and utilization of VersionOne Agile project management software that improved enterprise-wide transparency and visibility.
- Guided the deployment and adoption of Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP) methods, and Jira software that provided more flexible planning options, to support teams’ output and focus, increased transparency throughout the development lifecycle, and improved quality of deliverables.
- Collaborated with Director of IT to build interfaces across VersionOne, TFS and Jira software to strengthen visibility, optimize effectiveness of teams, and mitigate risks.
- Built and leading team of 4 Scrum masters who enabled teams to the successful delivery of portfolio of 50 high-profile enterprise projects yearly with strong impact to members.
- Responsible for enabling multiple concurrent on-site, vendor and hybrid teams to deliver a portfolio of 50 projects per year belonging to 40 product owners. Coordinated a cross divisional executive team to determine business value and maintain the portfolio backlog to maximize customer satisfaction through the delivery of valuable working software.
- Acted as the servant leader for 3 teams to develop the Academy Store that features more than 350 products and enables in excess of 200,000 visits from users annually. Facilitated the delivery of best-in-class eCommerce experience by implementing intuitive browsing, product reviews and suggestions, product sample printing, and easy and secure check-out functionality into site.
- Enabled the build out of a mobile-optimized corporate website to meet the educational needs of member physicians and their office staff, and the general public. Guided the replacement of 6 web properties and enhancement of 50 web applications from ColdFusion to .NET technology.
- Led the build out of the Abstract Submission System that enables the automatic acceptance, grading, and approval of 1,600 abstracts per year. System greatly reduced 12 weeks of manual processes, eliminated 4 weeks of IT support efforts, and increased transparency of submissions.
IT PROJECT MANAGER SCRUM MASTER
- Managed resource schedules and budgets for large project portfolios. Led high-profile projects teams in delivering over 50 projects yearly with a 100% success rate and a 95% on-time delivery rate.
- Led critical project to replace third-party application with a state-of-the-art Meeting Registration System that reduced customer call time by 30%, slashed number of calls per hour by 13%, and increased velocity of online registrations during the 1st week of registration by 40%.
- Introduced and guided the adoption of Agile Methodology across development and project management organizations, and the Scrum that reduced time-to-market and costs.
- Advocated the replacement of 150-page specification documents with user stories to senior executives
- Created training and mentored other project managers on Scrum implementation and Product Owners on Scrum topics. Assumed role as Scrum Expert for Scrum teams and product owners.
- Credited with leading the team to the successful delivery of the 1 st Agile project for the association, and subsequently a year-long, multimillion dollar project.
- Held critical role in piloting Agile best practices for the development of web-based system for the International Global Alliance Group that reduced delivery timeframe by 50%. Guided team in building a platform to enable doctors in developing countries to access educational content on-line.
- Enabled the IT team to leverage Scrum to deliver the largest program in the history of association to replace main enterprise TIMMS association management software with Personify. Enabled the efforts of IT staff of 7 and vendor’s resources in building the reporting framework, customizing the Personify platform, migrating data, and rewriting 46 web applications, on-time and within budget.
- Foundational experience as Instructor / Supply Manager for Spectrum Science (2004 to 2005); and Software Engineer (2000 to 2003) for PalmSource, developer of PalmOS;