COMPUTER SYSTEMS EXPERTISE:
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook, Microsoft Project, Sharepoint, Rally, See Now Do, Version One, Caliber, Dreamweaver, HP Quality Center, Adobe Acrobat 5.0, AS/400, People Soft, Oracle Operating Systems, SAP, JIRA
- Facilitates all aspects of the Scrum framework, including sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming sessions, daily stand - ups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Maintains the Scrum team’s capacity, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts, and burn down charts within JIRA.
- Provides appropriate and timely written communication to team members, POs, and leadership throughout the life cycle of the project(s).
- Identifies and communicates potential risks and impediments to completion including resources, costs, and time. Recommends actionable alternatives and escalates to management as necessary.
- Develops, analyzes, and maintains business requirements and/or functional specifications for systems which have a significant impact on existing or proposed solutions.
- Works with Product Owners to ensure User Stories support feature requirements and that the traceability of the requirements/stories is maintained.
- Develops documentation and artifacts to support the Scrum process including feature requirements, user stories, process workflows, interface prototypes, etc.
- Drives the team toward product delivery that provides potentially shippable incremental functionality.
- Assists management in finding and executing on opportunities to continuously improve Agile development methodology and techniques.
- Department moved from Agile to SAFe
- Facilitated PI planning sessions
- Facilitated Elaboration sessions with Product owners and Development team
Senior Business Analyst
- Function as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, support teams as well as vendors.
- Bridge the understanding between business and technical teams by developing a rapport with the business teams and by developing a deep understanding of their business processes.
- Gather requirements for shared services groups. Responsible for creating BNR’s (Business Needs Requests), Decision Matrixes and other standard documentation for Bridgestone.
- Working with Cash Applications to map workflows that will streamline some of their current processes.
- Working with Accounting or determining on selecting a vendor for bank reconciliation.
- Vendor Portal Project- working with Purchasing, Accounts Payable and IT on the selection of a vendor to implement a vendor portal.
- Serving as BA on the Enwisen upgrade project- will be developing test cases for UAT
Senior Requirements Analyst
- Gather/analyze/document business requirements leading to the development of a business solution. These are documented in high level requirements documents which then lead to Use Cases/Epics and User Stories.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Participate and lead estimation meetings.
- Clarifying requirements with Product Managers and working closely with the development teams to quickly solve development problems.
- Responsible for creating detail release notes on all releases of Acuity.
- Demo new functionality for Acuity to customers after each Sprint.
- Support the establishment of new projects by facilitating visioning sessions with business users.
- Recognize and communicate the effects and impacts of requested changes to established projects, systems and applications, as needed.
- Answer product questions and resolving issues from internal teams and external clients.
Business Analyst /Project Manager
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle - requirements, analysis, development, testing, and implementation.
- Liaison between the business users and technical teams and provide a single point of contact for user communication.
- Assists with ongoing Status Meetings with development and the business owners. Provide regular verbal and written status reports to IT management
- Supports the IT Team on all testing: data validation and troubleshooting, system integration testing, and functional testing.
- Develop relevant test scenarios and system integration test scripts and insure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Works with/leads other key project team members to gather requirements and provide analysis.
- Provides technical, functional guidance on specific project deliverables.
- Works with the IT Team on understanding and resolution of bugs for any given application.
- Document, report and follow-up on all defects uncovered during the testing process.
Senior Business Analyst Consultant
- Performs analysis and design tasks related to both new and existing applications and business projects.
- Conduct research and gather information related to assigned projects.
- Interview stakeholders and end-users, to gather requirements.
- Develop business documentation that clearly articulates objectives and requirements.
- Develop test scenarios and use cases, and support the testing of business applications.
- Provides user support and end-user training.
- Assist in writing project proposals.
- Deliver facts, measurements, and information to support business decisions.
- Extract and analyze business information from various sources such as PMS ERP systems and external sources.
- Supply data to benchmark and improve business processes.
- Analyze existing business process and make proposals to optimize business flows.
- Train operational personnel in the correct use of IT systems of tools.
- Provide metrics to measure the performance of the Regional Service Managers. Drive fact based decision making and ongoing improvement plans.
- Set up and maintain databases in Access as well as run ad-hoc queries upon request.
- Participate on project teams to enable success metrics are defined, gathered and analyzed and fed back into programs for continuous improvement.
- Manage tasks of IT team members in the project and provide general guidance and direction related to project related activities and decisions.
- Work closely with business project leader and the project user team to understand business requirements and develop business solutions.
- Work with business users to re-engineer existing processes, establish new processes, and analyze and understand the impact on system changes.
- Facilitate and lead discussions and meetings related to systems analysis and design activities, and make decisions on key design elements.
- Manage and develop packaging and financial risk reports for Sales/Marketing, Accounting and Demand Flow involving $10 million EBITDA liability.
- Design and develop reporting metrics.
- Manage graphic projects to ensure creative, film, and plate costs are allocated and completed to deadline.
- Create and implement procedures on process improvements within Graphics and Packaging.
- Collect packaging project costs for DPC customers and provide implementation recommendation to sales.
- Serve as Logistics coordinator for Doane plants.
- Serve as project manager for new packaging.
- Compile and manage data for different projects.
- Analyze large amounts of data to recognize market trends and make recommendations based on findings to sales and marketing.
- Set up and maintained databases for various projects using Microsoft Access (extracting data tables from the data warehouse using Oracle).
- Prepared weekly reports (metrics), to support data.
- Developed detailed systems specifications for conversion to automated systems for moderately complex business problems.
- Compiled data and statistical information; develop reports and make recommendations.
- Analyzed standard procedures and systems in order to convert them to programmable formats required by the customer.
- Designed and created queries for various projects.
Staff Scientist / Data Management Specialist
- Performed Health and Safety audits at Plant facilities.
- Performed Environmental Site Assessments.
- Designed databases to support various projects.
- Assisted in parallel testing of the People Soft software package.
- Made salary recommendations for medical staff.
- Designed databases to support special projects.
Industrial Hygienist /Consultant
- Inspected buildings for the presence of hazardous materials in buildings.
- Created and maintained databases for different projects using Microsoft Access.
- Performed air monitoring for a variety of organic compounds and particulate matter.
- Conducted indoor air quality investigations and health and safety audits for plant facilities.
- Project manager on various site assessment projects.