12+ years of software development and implementation (SDLC), Project Management and Direction, Product and Program Direction, EDI, B2B, AGILE, System Integrations, Business Intelligence, Process Development and Improvement, System (technical and functional) Design and Architecture, Business Requirements Gathering and Analysis, SOA (Service - Oriented Architecture), Quality Assurance, Waterfalls, Database administration, Contract Management, ETL, Resource Allocation, ERP, WMS, ITIL
Managed Projects using: Rally, MS Project, @Task, Visio, Webex, Outlook, Lotus Notes, Excel, MS Word, Adobe, Jira, Confluence, Quickarrow, CVS, Powerpoint, WINRAR, WINZIP, TFS
Implemented Projects using: C#, C++, Java, JSP, J2EE, Jboss, Eclipse, Jasper reports, Adobe, Oracle 9i and 10g database, Oracle 11i, Oracle forms/report, Accpac, Webservice, SQL, PLSQL, XML, HTML, .Net, Asp, SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Server Reporting Service, Dexterity, Toad, SQLPlus, Business Objects, Discoverer, Entity Framework, DEV Express, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- DEVELOP and IMPLEMENT new programs in healthcare and health management, services and improvements, consistent with the priority areas of the annual program development schedule, and ensuring that all elements of program or service development, implementation and evaluation are effectively addressed.
- LEAD large cross-functional teams to formulate program Vision, Scope, Business Requirements, documentation and related system enhancements, and identify new system functionality and products, programs & services.
- SERVE as 'product owner' of designated programs and services, monitoring service implementation and effectiveness, implementation efficiencies, and trouble-shooting for needed enhancements.
- LEAD and ASSIST the transition to Functional Specifications with Product Development.
- SCREEN, SELECT, and MANAGE vendors and consultants and other external resources needed for development or delivery of services and programs.
- MENTOR junior program managers.
DIRECTOR - INTERNAL BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- DIRECTED a team of IT business analysts, project managers and software engineers responsible for developing and implementing IT solutions for business areas such as Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics and Operations
- COLLABORATED with business stakeholders to develop and execute product roadmap
- OWNED and managed product/program roadmap
- DIRECTED software development teams and project managers to adhere to product roadmap and release plans
- COLLABORATED with system architect to ensure product roadmap specifications are met
- MANAGED software development projects through the software development life cycle
- MANAGED ERP system upgrade project and system refactor projects
- IMPLEMENTED process controls and auditability within supported business areas and applications
- MANAGED, maintained, implemented, architected system integrations with 3rd party software and business partners in Canada, Europe, Australia and China
- PARTICIPATED in advisory team for company’s Chief Information Officer and Chief Operations Officer
- COLLABORATED with stakeholders to prioritize IT initiatives through the IT Steering Committee
- MENTORED direct reports
- MANAGED vendor contracts
- MANAGED team and project budgets
IT PROJECT MANAGER
- DEVELOPED and implemented complex IT solutions to prolong use of existing ERP system (MS Dynamics GP). Projects included global Manufacturing Resource Planning, inter-company sales order processing, spending matrix workflow, commercial invoice application.
- DEVELOPED and implemented B2B (business to business) applications for 3rd party logistics to improve inventory visibility and reduce business risks.
- MANAGED software development projects using Agile and/or Waterfalls methodology and tracking project progress through Software Development Life Cycle.
- MANAGED and conducted software evaluation for Warehouse Management System (WMS). Developed vendor demo scripts and evaluation criteria for software selection.
- COLLABORATED with consultants on fit study for tier 1 Enterprise Resource Planning system. Developed business case and Return on Investment evaluation to be presented to board of directors.
- MANAGED development of operational reports using SQL Server Reporting Service.
- MANAGED special projects as required by the business.
- SERVED as Subject Matter Expert on Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- CONSULTED on projects to determine best strategies to address business needs.
- MENTORED junior project managers.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- WORKED as a consulting team member or an individual technical consultant on for-fee product implementation, configuration, enhancement, integration, or audit projects.
- MANAGED and maintained project plan from engagement to go-live.
- TRACKED progress of customer implementations - identified, escalated and resolved non-critical and critical issues to ensure achievement of project milestones.
- COLLABORATED with external and internal customers to develop and execute on product roadmap
- MANAGED software enhancements for existing application within a cross-functional team environment ensuring completion according to project plans, contract terms, within approved project budget and in compliance with the client’s existing methodology.
- COORDINATED with QA engineers documentation of test cases to improve quality of releases.
- COORDINATED and facilitated design sessions with customers and development team, documented customer’s business requirements, and converted these into functional designs.
- CONDUCTED for-fee training sessions for end-users and advanced users on core product and new features, assisted documentation team with producing user and training manuals.
- COLLABORATED with data center team identifying areas of improvement in hosting services.
- WORKED closely with product managers on validating feasibility and viability of product direction.
- CONTRACTED as customer’s system administrator for a fee, configured application and provided information to system users on the application of each configuration.
- CONDUCTED product demonstrations for A-list clients.
- PROVIDED production support, assisted in data conversion for go-live sites.
- EMPLOYED both Waterfall and agile development methodology.
- Development and implementation of enterprise integration to Oracle 11i Financials
- Development and implementation of enterprise integration to Accpac Financial application
- Implementation of Retail Resource planning application
- Development and implementation of Retail.net and JPOS
- Development and implementation of Color Computer Matching system
- Development and implementation of Paint tinting application
- Development and implementation of franchise application (secured data model)
- Development and implementation of Independent Management system (multi-schema implementation)
- Development and implementation of Window treatment application
- Development of custom scripts for data conversion
- Data center migration
- Legacy system migration
- MONITORED best selling products, reviewed historical sales, regularly compared sales to inventory, utilized JIT principles in ordering
- NEGOTIATED new buying agreements with suppliers, met individually with 30+ vendors, proposed new buying terms, communicated mutual benefits to new proposal.
- IDENTIFIED new products for inventory, attended trade shows, researched product literature, recognized needs and purchasing habits of customer base.
- FORECASTED the future success of a product or industry, researched market trends, evaluated competition, analyzed data.
- PURCHASED internationally from suppliers, studied new products, established supply chain from open market sources.