- I am responsible for planning, creating and managing the way an organization utilizes its Technology for business and communication.
- I can help a client choose and manage all the components necessary for a network to run efficiently and reliably.
- I analyze the needs of an organization and make recommendations based on current trends in information technology and also what products and services best fit within an organization's budget.
- I work with executives to recommend the best products and services possible to meet an organization's goals.
- I direct and work with other IT professionals, such as with software engineers, data center consultants and system security analysts, to fulfill the approved recommendations.
- 9 years of Active Directory Hierarchy, Active Directory Domain Services, Object and Security Admin, Group Policy, AD DOD Compliance requirements and standards, Users and Computer Administration and Recovery
- Harden Active Directory by applying the appropriate ADM templates to various Group Policy Organizational Units and by configuring the settings to meet the needs of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) compliance.
- Verify effective Group Policy settings by forcing updates, and running RSoP snap - in on an OU object
- Delegate roles to groups/users for Active Directory and SQL Database
- Setup and manage disk arrays on servers and SAN servers, EMC, EMC2
- Network Router, Switch and Wi-Fi security configuration and standards
- Server Building, Configuring, Testing, Training, Upgrading, restoring, and Migrating both physical and Virtual
- Hardware/Software Server Trouble Shooting - Dell Power Edge 2860 2950, 2650, 1750 HP G5, G6, and more
- Computer workstation trouble shooting, maintenance and imaging
- Extensive knowledge in computer and server hardware maintenance
- Thin Client Computing (HP-CCI) management and troubleshooting
- Installation and termination of CAT 5/6 (UTP/STP)
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems
- Clustering and management
- VMware ESX, ESXi vSphere and client use, implementation and configuration,
- HBSS, HIPS Symantec System Center and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Classroom instructor and over-the-shoulder student training experience
- Update and monitor antivirus definitions with Symantec
- Manage multiple networks and remote sites
Proficient with: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows7, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, Backup Exec, Symantec Network Security, Microsoft Exchange Server, WhatsUp Gold v11, Microsoft Office, Retina Network Security Scanner, Gold Disc and DOD compliance, Symantec Ghost
Customer and Personal Service: Has extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Administration and Management: Solid experience with business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Active Learning: Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making with a thirst for knowledge.
Systems Evaluation: Can identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Inductive Reasoning: Possesses the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Problem Sensitivity: Has the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Complex Problem Solving: Can identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Computer Security: Confers with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes. Coordinates the implementation of computer systems with established personnel and outside vendors while developing plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs. Can encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers. Maintained permanent fleet cryptologic and carry-on direct support systems required in special sea surface, land, and subsurface operations. Has modified computer security files to in corporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
Confidential, Fredericksburg, VA
IT Project Manager
- Implemented a daily team stand-up meeting that has increased overall team communication
- Continually assists in new contract acquisition development, three of which have been awarded
- Improved the company’s management of documentation and online collaboration by consolidating, organizing structure and permissions, and establishing a SharePoint document library
- Lead the company in developing a cloud-based hosting solution through Microsoft Azure
- Responsible for the development of company policy, including but not limited to: records management, personnel acquisition, retention and release, training requirements and personnel development, contract development, contract bidding, personnel time management and pay, risk assessment, policy enforcement, and handbook revisions
- Implemented Microsoft Visual Studios Team Services to streamline the development process and capture important data for reuse
- Lead the team in building a custom Project Management Dashboard that will be sold in the Microsoft Software Marketplace as the company’s own IP
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
Project Manager / Contract Lead
- Implemented the AGILE/SCRUM Methodology
- Team building and mentoring to include a strong cross training atmosphere
- Discovered and remediated many security risks
- Uncovered three years’ worth of technical backlog, presented the findings to the unaware customer, then created and implemented a plan to clear the backlog
- Improved the documentation trail by requiring detailed reports of current tasks and working backwards through the backlog
- Improved task response visibility by routing all customer requests through the helpdesk improving the help desks situational awareness and reliving individual Tier 3 & Tier 4 technicians of direct contact. Doing this allowed better use of the skilled workers professional time and broadened the capability of the Tier 1 & Tier 2 technicians
- Managed the team responsible for performing all maintenance, repair and upgrades to the network routers, client sites and servers
- Remediated a major discrepancy in permissions based security with minimum down time and few resources resulting in a 75% reduced network load thereby achieving Microsoft network best practices
- Migrated the entire Farm to new hardware
- Migrated the Farm to Hyper-V from V-sphere due to the licensing agreement with Microsoft
- Migrated SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013
- Based on team finding and my personal research and recommendations, the Farm was slightly reconfigured to favor performance versus redundancy resulting in a better overall availability for the customer
- Discovered that users were stacking requests against the SQL servers at specific times resulting in slow peak hours. Limited and staggered requests as well as informing key users which resulted in better peak hour performance.
- Stood up and configured a Team Foundations Server (TFS) for the tracking of project tasks and development in conjunction with the AGILE/SCRUM methodology
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
Owner / Manager
- Point of sale was a Windows RMS SQL database operated and administrated in house
- Business was 100% self-sufficient and was free of debt
- The store never operated at a loss
- 1 year benchmarks attained within five months, 3 year benchmarks attained at two years
- Repeat customer business accounts for approx. 80% of monthly income
- Operated and maintained a commercial Cyber Café network capable of servicing 30+ simultaneous clients
- Stored and managed data and backups for registers and clients on internal NAS
- Operated all systems on Microsoft Windows OS, Linux OS
- Performed all maintenance, repairs and upgrades to the network routers clients and servers
Confidential, Norfolk, VA / Suffolk, VA
Senior Systems Administrator / Database Administrator
- Increased network stability by Updating and replacing SQL nodes on clusters
- Improved server HDD and network performance by 150% through implementing customized T-SQL scripts
- Coordinated across multiple departments, organizations and domains a STIG compliant SQL Database on the new network with baseline performance marks and database data transfer security and integrity
- Improved overall database security by implementing personalized policy and removing old or shared accounts
- Implemented mail alerts for threshold breaches to key groups and individuals for better reaction times and improved preventative service
- Received recognition at a Lockheed Martin awards ceremony for work within the contract
- Migrated User data, workstations and backups, streamlined the process and trained techs for the process
- Migrated database data after the server build and certification process
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Computers Systems Analyst
- Weekly build of HP ML370 G5 windows 2003 Database management servers
- Stood up 12 squadrons to include the new system and training to maintain it
- Practical network troubleshooting performed daily both in training and in fleet support
- Database framework consisted of Active directory and exchange qualities
- Performed user account migration and test exchange of information across large networks
- Sole Administrator for the NIPR and SIPR networks
- Tier 3 administration of Active Directory hierarchy and its workings and Win Server 2003, 2000 and NT, Exchange 2003
- 1 of two Radio Communications Technicians
- CMS Manager (use of TS clearance)
- Primary IT responsible for 100% of the onboard system administration
- Fleet Resource Manager for UHF, SHF, DAMA, and EHF Fleet Broadcast frequencies
- Personal technician and driver for Rear Admiral Chanik (Ret.), Commander Second Fleet, USN
- Administered and maintained 5 enterprise class C networks consisting of over 1300 clients.
- Used and configured all servers in the domain, to include domain controllers, clustered exchange servers, Anti-Virus, WSUS 3.0, print, file, and backup on 5 classified networks.
- Ensured servers and desktops were compliant with DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts and Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines.
- Installed and terminated CAT5 (UTP/STP).
- Thin Client Computing (HP-CCI) deployment, management, and troubleshooting
- Active Directory Hierarchy and its workings
- Tier 3 administration Management, implementation and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows 2003 and operating systems including Windows NT, 2000, and 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Retina Network Security Scanner to check DISA STIG vulnerabilities
- Extensive knowledge in computer and server hardware maintenance
- Provided Enterprise System Administration for the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, CNFC, CNF, REL-A, NIDTS, GCCS and JWICS military networks
- Operated installed or repaired several software suites to include Windows Office (2k, 2003, 2007) VMware (ESX and Server) Adobe, Microsoft SharePoint and more.
Information Systems Technician
- Ran 15,000ft of cat5 cable
- Assisted in upgrading a 600 client class C Network from Win NT to Win 2K and shortly thereafter to Win 2003
- Completed more than 1200 trouble tickets
- Microsoft Windows server 2003 from operating systems including Windows NT and 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003