Confidential has over 20 years of project management consulting and training experience. He has performed as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Development Manager and Release Train Engineer.
Agile Coach and Trainer
- Providing Agile Project Management Training, Assessments and Coaching to people and organizations transitioning from a traditional project management methodology to an Agile framework. Experience includes:
- Agile and Scrum training for over 20 organizations and over 3000 individuals
- Agile coaching for State Street Bank implementing Agile best practices across three development teams and part of a center of excellence supporting a 300 team rollout.
- Customized training development and delivery of the following Agile courses:
- Scrum Master Certification Training
- Product Owner and User Story Training
- Scrum Team Member Training
- Advanced Scrum Master training.
- Agile for Executives
- Agile for Team Members
- Agile Engineering and Testing
- Developed and piloted the curriculum, Agile in the Federal Environment, for a large federal training organization.
- Author of the Practical Agile Blog and a 9 part Agile Education series available on Amazon
Agile Program Manager/AVP Software Development
- Introduced Agile and Scrum as the project management approach for a large system replacement project.
- Facilitated daily Scrum of Scrums for system implementer and system integration teams for 22 Sprints.
- Performed all budget and resource planning for a team of forty contractors and employees.
Director, IT Project Management
- Portfolio Management: managed a portfolio of 70 projects including reporting to executives on all project metrics including budget, schedule and resource status.
- Training, Coaching and Mentoring; improve the overall project management maturity of the organization.
- Developed customized content and trained project managers.
Software Development Program Manager, AVP
- Development and execution of all project management and Agile processes including schedule management, risk management and change management.
- P&L oversight of a 47 million dollar project budget, including budget forecasting, tracking and reporting
- Management of 20 million dollars in outsource staffing contracts
- Oversight of hiring and onboarding for 180+ employees and contractors
- Reporting and decision support for all operational and financial metrics; earned value progress reporting, executive dashboard reporting, and budget reporting
Project Management Consultant, Principal
- Managed enterprise - wide projects for Confidential 500 organizations.
- Developed the overall schedule and plan for large-scale projects.
- Projects were managed both in an Agile framework and in a traditional project management model depending upon the maturity of the existing processes.
- Project management activities included project office implementation, hardware and software deployment, software development, budgeting and scheduling, defining requirements, process improvement, product development and rollout.
VP of Operations
- Responsible for post-merger consolidation of operations departments, including HR, Accounting, IT and Administrative functions across two organizations.
- Improved efficiencies through the implementation of a sales force automation tool, web-based time and expense reporting and web-based training registration.
- Managed all daily operations and the professional development of 200 consultants
AVP, Management Consulting, Northeast Regional Manager
- Responsible for all staffing, business development and account management for all key clients in the Northeast. Managed a team of 30 consultants and 6 clients providing over 6 million dollars in annual consulting revenue and impacting over 150 million dollars in strategic projects
Director, Project Management Consulting
- Managed a client team to create an IT Project Office responsible for all significant IT initiatives.
- The Project Office was implemented using PMI standards and methodologies. Originally rolled out within IT, it was migrated to an enterprise-wide Project Office to support the entire portfolio of over 75 million dollars in annual projects
- Applied project management practices to turn around the strategic Confidential program. Identified organizational gaps within the program structure and helped create a governance structure to effectively manage a mission critical program
Technology Product Manager
- Managed the ongoing development and marketing of all technology enabled products, including proprietary client-server and web-enabled loan-processing applications
Director, Product Management
- Product launch strategy
- Branding, logo and packaging design
- Sales strategy and the sales team management