- Built PMOs by staffing, process definition, promoting throughout organization
- Highly effective communicator across all levels of in house and customer organizations
- More than 20 years’ experience in project/program management
- Highly experienced in new business generation and new product development
- Expert in portfolio and project management methodologies
- History of on - time on budget delivery of complex projects
- Effective at staff acquisition, management and mentoring
- Extensive financial management
- Direct hands on development and architectural experience in many areas
- National and international large scale multimillion dollar, multi-location programs
- Video, manufacturing, medical, software, hardware, consumer, commercial
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND KEY WORDS:
Software architect, Hardware architect, System architect, Staff management, Staff mentoring, Customer management, Vendor management, Program management, Project management, Department management, PMO, Embedded systems, Consumer electronics, Digital video, Advanced advertising, Switched digital video, Confidential, Interactive TV, Settop boxes, Interactive program guide (IPG), Satellite TV, Medical systems, Laboratory systems, Nursing systems, Factory automation, Automated material handling, Retail store systems, Automated scheduling, Digital system design, PC board design, Settop box design, C and C++, Visual C++ with MFC, Visual Basic, OOD/OOA, Agile, MUMPS, SAS, Windows, UNIX, MPEG, DVB, Controlled access, Bit Streams, Client server, GUI design, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Assemblers, Robotics, Nursing, Retail software, Statistics, CDN, CMS
Confidential, Atlanta, GeorgiaManager, PMO
- Team works with large multinational telecommunications companies like Orange, Telenor, Oi and Al Jazeera in more than 20 countries implementing anytime anywhere video delivery systems.
- Involved in all aspects of projects from initial sales and bidding, design, delivery, testing, final acceptance and support.
- Have extensive knowledge of many areas of the television, cable, and the compression industry from a technical, operational, and new business development (sales) standpoint
Confidential, Atlanta, GeorgiaPMO Head
- Customer facing software development project management directly responsible for all aspects of video product delivery to Confidential, Confidential and Cablevision. Customer, vendor and internal program planning and coordination at all levels.
- Total annual revenue from customers exceeded $200M
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Helped create the Confidential video PMO.
- Managed a team of portfolio managers handling major, high value projects in many areas of core Confidential business.
- Hired, trained, mentored, and managed staff.
- Extensive interaction with many Confidential groups including all divisions, regional management, IT, Product Planning, Strategy, Engineering, and Media Sales.
- The PMO was responsible for over 30 projects at any one time with budgets in the tens of millions of dollars each.
- Directly managed many complex, large budget projects and programs for the company.
- End to end management on key company initiatives related to settop boxes, cable bandwidth recovery, federal regulations, and video delivery.
- Directly responsible for delivery of new and creative cable subscriber software that was placed on millions of devices across the US.
- Worked with Confidential ’s 44 divisions to design, develop and deliver an innovative bandwidth reduction systems which saved the company hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Part of a team that received a technical Confidential for bandwidth innovation.
- Regularly worked with divisions to resolve complex video delivery problems.
Confidential, San Diego, CAPMO Head
- An operating system and services company for embedded systems in consumer devices.
- Direct financial and executive responsibility for highly profitable, multimillion dollar, multinational, digital set-top box projects for Confidential and Confidential .
- Hired and led a team of 24 engineers and testers through product development and deployment of complex consumer electronic products that were on budget and on time.
- Part of the core team which set up a sophisticated project management process and office for the company.
- Extensive work in new business creation for the company.
Confidential, Tucson, AZPMO Head
- Headed operations for software development department of 28 engineers.
- Hired staff, budgeted, scheduled, mentored, and implemented procedures to improve product development.
- Brought products to market by competently integrating work of different groups including: quality assurance, documentation, marketing, support, installation, development, and executive.
- Responsible for managing major customer installations like Confidential
- Architected and managed the development and installation of a sophisticated laboratory Specimen Management, Routing and Tracking system ( Confidential ) product.
- Directly responsible for new business generation using the Confidential product.