- High - impact, hands-on Senior Project Leader with 15+ years of proven experience planning, designing, developing, and implementing business transformation, process improvement and modernization initiatives leading to improved customer satisfaction, cost savings and process efficiencies.
- Broad experience managing troubled projects, implementing project controls and agile methodologies to move projects forward.
- Driven by self-motivation with exceptional ability to multi-task, analyze and quantify information while paying attention to detail.
- Strong leadership competence with excellent communication and teaching skills to explain the big picture of an organization’s vision and goals to business, technical and executive stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge includes: Communication, SDLC, ITIL, PMBOK, Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Project+ and PRINCE2.
- Strategic Planning, Leadership & Execution
- Portfolio Management, Program Management and Project Management
- Portfolio & Program Reporting, KPIs & Performance Analytics
- Project Demand Management
- Budget & Cost Tracking
- Vendor Management & Oversight
- Stakeholder Management
- Team Building, Mentoring & Coaching
- Continuous Process Improvement, Lean Thinking & Six Sigma Methodology
- Resource Management
- Scope Management
- System Integration
- Governance & Project Controls
- Risk & Issue Management
- Communication Management
- Project Management Software
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and zOS platforms
Database Management Systems: MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Data Warehousing
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager
- Hand selected to manage multiple projects in the Accounting-Finance-Treasury Merger & Acquisition Initiative consisting of 5-10 small to medium size projects with a portfolio worth of $30+M.
- Performed vendor management and oversight to PriceWaterhouseCoopers - PWC (Integrators) and Vertex (Product Owners). Managed and negotiated scope and contract changes. Established partnership to facilitate technical solutions and offer problem-solving to project issues.
- Developed stakeholder relationships and managed the execution of deliverables to ensure alignment with business and project objectives.
- Designed and recorded project and program key performance indicators (KPIs) used to collaborate with other stakeholders and ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Consistently look for opportunities to improve current process design, known as the authority on process improvement for PMO processes. Develop and improve PMO standard methodologies.
- Automate and standardized dashboard and report generation, particularly for project reporting
Confidential, Tucker, GA
Director of Project Management/Program Manager
- Laid foundation for PMO and Project Governance by establishing a project charter, stakeholder analysis/strategy, and communication plans; introduced project management tools, techniques, tutorials, and other methodologies.
- Coached and mentored Project Managers and Team Leaders to meet product delivery standards in accordance with project charter documentation by monitoring/tracking personal milestones and deliverables.
- Established a Policy Management System consisting of a team of Executive Leaders and Senior Managers to create a Governance Team responsible for improving process design, developing organizational policies and procedures and developing a system of policy and process management.
- Implemented SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management System to establish/document personal development goals and allow management to track activities and progress to provide team with individualized coaching and performance feedback.
- Performed Project Management Training and Development as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding user acceptance and engagement, instructional design and training project management methodology. Built a global framework on best practice sharing. Consistently provided opportunities for team development in process, tools, and technology.
- Implemented and tracked Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics; created reporting system to establish project benchmarking measures and share project performance with Steering Committee. Leveraged Sharepoint to enable automation of project management processes such as chartering, status reporting, risk tracking, and change control.
- Established Risk Management Plan that included processes for identifying and evaluating project risks, and developed risk mitigation tactics to eliminate/minimize potential issues that may affect project progression.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Constructed Program Architecture and Governance as Program Manager, guiding process of identifying/pursuing strategic opportunities for continuous business growth.
- Established Executive Steering Committee of C-suite executives and Senior Management.
- Defined IT governance and led IT and Technical Teams to design a reliable and secure IT infrastructure.
- Implemented ITIL change, release and configuration management and problem management processes.
- Established Architecture Review Board to provide pre-investment evaluation of proposed technologies.
- Oversaw resource allocation and capacity planning to support IT operations and infrastructure post transition.
- Monitored installations, configurations and accountability by defining wide range of system support roles including, Linux administrators, QA Testers, release and Configure Managers, and Project Managers.
- Implemented Escalation Management Process to facilitate and support conflict resolution, mitigate project risk, correct operational gaps and inefficiencies, and investigate root cause.
- Complied with Federal regulations regarding information security practices.
- Rolled out business systems that tackled disaster recovery, business continuity, and capacity planning. Partnered with Business Operations to ensure compliance with change management procedures.
- Managed portfolio costs and contracts for multiple projects for FTEs, contractors, hardware/software, T&M contracts, change orders, and client billing reconciliations. Established financial accountability and rigorous cost controls; verified/approved all vendor invoices and payments.
- Recruited and trained high-performing, motivated Project Team. Performed various webinars, training and coaching sessions on project management best practices. Established job descriptions and Project Team requisites. Collaborated with Matrix Managers to receive/assign resources; set measurable goals and determined deliverables and timelines for project resources.
- Coordinated milestone schedule and performance metrics to report project health. Built individual schedules for multiple schedules and a mastered integrated schedule to manage them collectively.
- Developed WBSs and worked with various Business leaders and project teams to guide and direct process of building out the sprints and product backlogs.
Confidential, Atlanta Georgia
Director of Program Management Office - Program Manager
- Established PMO governance to actualize project management best practices, services, and processes necessary for timely, efficient project performance.
- Defined project goals and scope and individual project plans to align with program vision and goals.
- Tracked, monitored, and mitigated project risk by working cooperatively with cross-functional business leaders to resolve issues and escalate critical issues/risks. Maintained culture of accountability across all organizational levels.
- Successfully implemented ERP, Sharepoint and Front-End Capture Solutions that automated business and order fulfillment processes across cross-functional teams. Monitored installations and planned all aspects of go-live transition.
- Introduced specialized tools and techniques to increase project communications by constructing a Sharepoint site as designated communication hub for project team communication and updates, monitor/track progress, and submit deliverables.
- Reported project and team performance and stakeholder relations by engaging Executives and business users via project performance reviews, executive summaries, and action plans related to project and team progress.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Deputy Director of Delivery
- Closely monitored program budget, procurement, and related spend activities against a $267M budget.
- Oversaw competitive bidding and sole source procurement process. Guided and directed Steering Committee.
- Controlled Program Integrated Master Schedule and conflict resolution by guiding key decisions and assumptions.
- Introduced Risk Management infrastructure by assembling a Risk Management Board to risk/issue oversight necessary to deploy mitigation plans that include monitoring and controlling program risk/issues.
- Generated performance reports via project portfolio dashboard based on KPIs for risk/issues, key decisions, signature accomplishments and milestones. Distributed reports to designated contacts.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
IT Deputy Director/Program Manager
- Re-engineered and streamlined business processes from 200+ down to 127 processes, resulting in resource reallocation to maximize overall operational functionality.
- Deployed business process automation and content management solutions (IBM ECM) comprised of multiple subsystem core components: Records Management, Business Process and Workflow, and Front-End Capture. Implemented solution to effectively support development, testing, and production.
- Successfully migrated up to 30M images and converted data from Legacy system to newly upgraded system. Worked with functional End-User and Application Team to monitor installations, design data extraction and data loading, using business rules and formatting data to xml to finalize conversion. Employed data integration to ensure data migration met data validation standards/exceptions and was manually reviewed/addressed by Review Team.
- Provided project management training as Subject Matter expert (SME). Ensured PM leaders and teams received training on user-acceptance, instructional design and ongoing training across project management methodology