- IT Professional with 16 years of combined Project and Test Management experiences from Banking & Credit Card, Healthcare, Insurance and Retail Industries.
- Led to the growth of Testing Program from a small 5 member team to a strong 31 members, managing a revenue of USD 2.1 million while executing around 160 projects annually
- Provided consultation and training in Testing Processes and tools like HP ALM Mercury Quality Center
- Created core value - adds like ‘Automated Regression suite’ (150 Test scenarios) and ‘Test Data repository’ (around 1300 test accounts) for eStatement within AMEX which resulted in greater efficiency and reduction in testing timeline and enabling speed to market.
- Successfully delivered projects for various top clients in Credit Card, Healthcare and Insurance domain managing end to end having budget from USD 100K to over USD 2.1 million with multiple teams involved including external vendors, Business Partners, Compliance, Legal and technology teams.
- Delivered 3 high visibility and technically complex projects with zero defects following Global Delivery model with resources spanning across India, Canada and USA while working for NML Insurance client which was a rare achievement and highly appreciated by the client.
- Provided consultation and various proposals related to process improvements within Advanced Risk Management group AMEX like Engagement Process, 24x7 Production Support, Testing Process & Tools, Capacity Planning, Roles & Responsibilities, Knowledge Management and Testing RACI.
- Successfully migrated 56 Business Intelligence reports and delivered Self Servicing MicroStrategy BI platform to the Business partners.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Project Management
- Test Management HP ALM
- Time Management
- Initiative and Problem-solving
- Forecasting & Budgeting
- Technical - Mainframe
Project Management Tools: like Clarity, EPIC, Project Workbench, Team Workbench, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
Clarity: Project Setup & Management, Team Management, Tasks Management, Financial Plans Management, Risk/Issues/Change Management and Clarity Reporting
Digital wallet and mobile: iOS app testing using actual devices and Automated tools
MS Office: Suite including MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint
Testing Tools: like HP Application Life Cycle Management (HP ALM), Quality Center, and complete SDLC 2.0 Testing processes
Mainframe Experience: PLI, SUPRA, COBOL, CICS, MVS, DB2, JCL, Host Explorer, PVCS
Hardware: Confidential 4690, Confidential 4694, PC, 4690 OS, DOS, CBASIC
- Facilitate Architectural and Solution discussions
- Manage POC discussions and meetings while working with the Technology and SDG Teams
- Document issue/concerns, requirements, assumptions, current state, solution approach and options and the decisions as part of the final Closure document related to the architectural demand
- Coordinate the solution design calls
- Follow ups on the action items
- Publish the solution and closure documents
- Facilitate the resolution of production issues with Confidential vendors on 3 rd party applications like Brava & SnowBound
Technical Project Manager / E2E Test Manager
- Project Liasioning between Confidential partners during project execution and testing
- Coordinating between different technology teams ensuring timelines are met
- Working with Business to ensure project requirements and project charters are up to date and complete
- Managing overall project plan, ensuring risks and issues are managed and mitigated
- Key Project Test Management activities involved:
- Over all Test coordination related to test environment, test data, test scenarios and test execution
- Create Test plan, Test Script and Test Reports
- Manage testing risks and issues related to timeline and delays
- Worked with teams to enable Digital Wallet with many of Confidential partners.
Technical Project Manager / Consultant
- Executed Balance and Control a compliance project working closely with the Business partners and Technology team in the Advanced Risk Capabilities group
- Leading a team of 13 onshore and offshore resources, setting up balancing and Control for the feeds that is being sent out or received.
- Involved in managing a number of internal client working closely with Risk Business Partner and Technologies team in clarifying requirements, resolving issues, removing show stoppers, bringing teams to the same table and aligning on the requirements
- Partnering with Technology Project Managers on the delivery of the project plan and schedule to meet Business timeframe for the project release.
- Corresponded and negotiated between the interfacing Technology teams on the design specifications to meet the project goal without incurring massive project cost.
- Coordinated weekly Project meetings between the teams on status, risks and issues while working closely to resolve and manage any showstoppers.
- Also as part of Consulting role, was involved in portfolio level strategy discussions to improve the project delivery capability.
- After looking into the existing processes and tools, following were proposed:
- Engagement Process
- Development Process (standard SDLC)
- The Testing Process
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Process (Testing and Production Support)
- Capacity Planning
- Knowledge Management
- System Appreciation & Documentation
- Regression Test Suite and LISA Test Conditions
E2E Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Key role was to make sure the business requirements (Stories in Product backlog) were completely understood and aligned and was systematically worked upon using Agile principles and guidelines. As a Scrum Master, I worked hard to get the scrum team deliver 56 Business critical reports in 6 sprints each of 3 weeks duration
- I was facilitating the self-organizing team and keeping the impediments out without impacting the work, helping the scrum team in getting the Stories done.
- Also managed the Infrastructure project working with Confidential, Lead Technical Architect, Technical team and Sr. Leadership in setting up MicroStrategy Infrastructure in our Test and Production environment. This was a critical part as the MicroStrategy reports were to be tested and delivered on this new Infrastructure.
- Heavily involved in coordinating between Confidential and HP for the hardware, MicroStrategy for the Software and Technology teams including our own in setting up the Infrastructure from scratch.
- Typical day to day activities including resource management, scheduling work, planning resources, managing testing phases, coordinating with business partners, internal partners, Director and own project team.
E2E Technical Project Manager
- Primarily involved in aligning customer expectations to realistic deliverables, maintaining a strong communication conduit between all stakeholders.
- Took steps beyond job role to research and pinpoint value-add organizational deliverables and goals which were accomplished through collaborative partnership of Subject Matter Experts. This enabled us in meeting our Business partner high expectation of developing this very high profile and visible ‘Shop Small’ app for iOS.
- Managed few other projects following Agile and Waterfall methodology with Payment Uplift & Channel Migration being most critical project.
- In all these projects, coordinated with business partners in finalizing the requirements, aligning on the design, coordinating the testing and managing the resources across different vendors like CTS, TCS, Infosys and Mindtree.
Program Manager / E2E Test Manager
- Established trust with business client and support teams by addressing system failures immediately, working with subject matter experts on identifying the root causes, providing innovative solutions, communicating effectively with clients, completing functional and regression testing and meeting agreed upon timelines throughout the Program.
- Treated business challenges as opportunities and worked hard to identify "right" solution and most cost-effective option for the client.
- Instituted team enhancement plan; led mentoring and guidance sessions to ensure successful and motivational resources. Focused on delivering program-wide training initiatives and programs to include: Microsoft Office software applications, Quality Center, Automation Tools (QTP); organizational soft-skill requirements; and job discipline enhancement courses to better succeed at the projects while working at client location.
- Exercised wide-latitude in decision making relating to areas of responsibility, with broad discretion to determine what projects could be undertaken by the company, how they would be staffed (on site or offshore and mix), what skill sets would be needed, how they would be billed and what the terms (milestones) of the contracts would be.
- Responsible for developing the sales strategy, pursuing sales opportunities, managing sales execution, managing customer engagements in the program, ensuring annual revenue goals are met, and ensuring that business strategies of the Financial Services and Insurance Unit in the US are successfully executed. In addition to revenue targets, I was responsible for ensuring that the profitability of the account is in line with the unit targets. In order to achieve the program level targets, goals, and the client’s project objectives, I directed a team of personnel with a size of 5-31 across multiple vendors with a strategy to increase it further. I was charged with organizing, developing, implementing, and managing testing across critical consulting and solution delivery projects in my portfolio. These projects entail the highly skilled work of Business Consultants, Program Managers, Project Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Architects, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Test Analysts and Test Managers. Such projects are being implemented in North America
E2E Test Manager
- Lead 3 key initiatives as part of value add solution to the client to improve effectiveness of project testing which were implemented successfully resulting in faster time to market.
- Creation of Regression Suite
- Automation of Regression Suite
- Test Data Repository
E2E Test Manager
- Established lasting rapport between Business and internal and external teams, building long-term and solid relationships throughout the life cycle of the projects.
- Aligned customer expectations to realistic deliverables, maintaining a strong communication channel between all stakeholders.
- Coordinated in bring in project clarity and testability in the requirements and ensure that testing continues smoothly and as Project Manager, performed all regular project specific activities for his projects for 1.5 years.
- Conversant with different Testing processes and tools ensured some 25+ technology teams to test the new product successfully in short span of 3-4 weeks.
- Offshore Project Manager while handling the testing module of SSP Plan for 1 year, and this was a re-engineering project where the entire front end of Confidential Plan Mainframe CICS screens were re-engineered to take care of any future enhancement. The project brought in the layering concept in mainframe programming just like what we have in Confidential Systems. I was involved in the software development apart from leading the testing
- Technical Project Manager & Technical Leader for NML - Managed and executed various Mainframe projects for NML client during the 2.5 years period playing the Technical Project Manager role along with developing and building code. Extensively involved in client interaction, issue resolution and coordination between offshore resources. Project involvement would start from the pre definition phase of a project where I would be working on Proposal, SOW and then perform Requirement Gathering before partnering with offshore in the Execution and Implementation of these projects.
- Have delivered 2 critical projects with zero defects which were first time in the account and were appreciated for this effort