- Introduced Confidential ship - tracking technology to partner-nation Confidential, and trained personnel on the installation and use of satellite tracking beacons.
- Optimized asset distribution saving the government over $20 million.
- While at Confidential, provided a technology environment used to baseline personnel records for over 2,000 joint service members.
- Oversaw the design and creation of several databases in order to develop an even coordination system. Improved efficiency by 30%.
- Directed equipment installation, field testing, and system implementation.
- Introduced electronic vessel tracking to cargo operations, with the direct result that operations could be timed based on ship’s position vice expected arrival times, which allowed for the optimization of load and delivery times, and reduction of cargo vehicle fuel usage by 15%.
Program Director/Director of Technology
- As Startup Director for managed services, had overall responsibility for all aspects of technology management and service delivery for new customer accounts.
- Over 20 client accounts serviced, with average IT organizations consisting of approximately 50 personnel and an operating budget of $10 million.
- Created and executed annual IT budget. Managed capital and operating IT budgets, validated, and when in concurrence endorsed and authorized requests for new or changed services provided by the IT organization. Provided advice and guidance to peers and senior leadership on all aspects of IT.
- Served as Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), or Director of Technology, as appropriate.
- Provided leadership, mentoring, and guidance to staff, and performed all required supervisory administrative functions as required by HR.
- Managed teams of programmers, systems administrators, network engineers, and help desk technicians.
- As Electronic Key Management Systems ( Confidential ) manager, maintained cryptographic equipment and served as custodian of cryptographic keys.
- Supported and maintained a 400-user tactical data network
Confidential, Farmington, NM
Assistant Chief Information Officer
- Provided leadership and vision to a team of 17 professionals delivering IT and customer support services to the student, faculty, and staff community:
- Voice and networking services
- Server-based and hosted application services o Customer service help desk
- ERP support
- Application development
- Implemented Service Recovery methodologies in order to reduce instances of repeated service calls for the same problem. Reduced redundant service calls by 90% by ensuring that issues were resolved by technicians and verified by the customer.
- Managed a multi-year Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system conversion project, migrating a legacy mainframe records system to Confidential, one of the standard ERP systems for higher education. This complex project involved careful budgeting and scheduling of many consulting services in order to accomplish the conversion with minimal impact to the academic community. Also, training of College staff was scheduled in order to ensure staff were proficient on the new system before the cutover date.
- Directed the design and implementation of a web-based application that allowed students and community members to view maps of computer labs on campus to see whether open seats were available. This maximized computer lab use and increased computer usage by over 50%.
- Managed a project to completely upgrade the network and server infrastructure for the college, increasing network efficiency and saving the client over $500k in support fees for legacy equipment.
- Implemented first-in-state “ Confidential ” allowing local families of deployed military personnel to participate in videoconferencing calls with their service member, at no cost.
- Hosted national youth robotics competition, providing a valuable service to the community.