To secure a Program or Project Mgr. position where I can utilize my experience, technical knowledge, communication skills and project management acumen to effectively deliver projects objectives on schedule and within budget. Willing to travel based on organization’s request.
- Solution Oriented project manager with 14 plus years of Project and Program management, business analysis and consulting experience in the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare and Education industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from project Inception to completion using methodologies like RUP, ERP, Waterfall, Business Process Management (BPM), Agile Scrum methodologies and ITIL process.
- Leadership experience managing multiple development projects and remote/virtual project teams on web - based and client/server applications and custom/in-house development projects.
- Well versed in multiple Project Management methodologies, software design, Data Workflow Management and Business Process Re-Engineering.
- Highly skilled in work breakdown structure (WBS), GNATT charts, project status reporting, defect tracking, quality assurance and change management.
- In-depth experience in Project Management tools such as Clarity, Planview, Atlas, Primavera, MS Project and MS Project Server for project scheduling and budget reporting.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, communication, decision making and organization skills. Adept at juggling multiple tasks in high-pressured environments.
Applications: Clarity, Clarizen, Microsoft Project Server, Planview, MS Visio, MS Project 2003-2012, SharePoint 2003-2010, Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint)Rational Rose, SQL Server, Lotus Notes, HP Quality Center, Clarity, Gemini, Microsoft Dynamics AX & NAV, PeopleSoft HRMS, Sales Force CRM, SAP SD, Cognos 8 BI, and AS400.
Training/Knowledge: PMI Methodology, Program/Portfolio Management, Agile Project Management, Scrum, RUP Methodology, ERP, CRM, .Net Client Server Technology, Risk Management, Costing & Budgeting, Enterprise-wide Implementations, Procurement, ITIL v3 Framework, HIPPA, ROI Analysis, System Migrations/Integrations, Process improvement and Change Management.
Program Manager /Senior Project Mgr
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD/Washington, DC
- Inherited a failing Program that needed re-structuring and implemented financial controls, KPIs along with PMO stage gates and timelines that in turn streamlined and saved the program over $500k in projected losses.
- Manage a complex program of strategic projects using Project Server that span different organizational departments including projects involving external vendors and multiple business areas that have a significant legal and/or financial impact to Confidential Business.
- Utilized a comprehensive understanding of corporate strategic imperatives, long range strategic planning, full IT Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Life Cycle to ensure compliance with organization goals and timelines.
- Manage and oversee Optum, Cognizant and other 3rd party vendor contract negotiations and project assignments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the program within the Sunset initiative to include risk management, process improvement, technology applications/development to enable the business to meet future goals and objectives prioritized by Confidential Governance Boards.
- Implemented stringent standards for project manager feedback, delivered executive status/risk reporting and orchestrated project team meetings that included all internal/external program members.
- Managed a team of 10 project managers and business analysts working side-by-side with the business and IT to overcome the challenges of integrating people, process and technology.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Managed the Well Experience Program and support company executives by creating a T-Minus program schedule and reports detailing the program’s status and risk management using Planview PPM tool. Identify ambiguous requests and facilitate collaboration amongst leadership, Business Sponsors, other impacted business units and tracks.
- Implemented Risk Management Methodology on the Well Experience program, strategic initiatives and projects. This includes risk planning, identification, analysis, risk response planning and control and issue escalation.
- Designed the Well Experience Program’s SharePoint site and implemented control, procedures and workflows for handling, submitting and approving program documentation.
- Managed the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Sales management and Customer Care CRM modules that helped revamp the way High Value patient engagements and retail sales were managed.
- Established and maintain alliance with other departments and internal Confidential organizations in order to identify possible program dependencies, areas for collaboration and commitments to the program.
- Conducted budget forecasting, program management, statistics management, financial management, resource management and allocation.
- Implemented program plans that will help reduce uncertainty, improve efficiency of project team, increase understanding of project details and delineate activities and durations. Develop a program baseline and determine the critical path for the program’s schedule.
- Directed and managed a team of 10 virtual/remote project managers and over 60 stakeholders by defining program activities, tasks and milestones required to meet POS implementation program objectives and deliverables.
- Executed and maintained program management processes and disciplines in the areas of program schedule and quality management; communications management; human resource management; and change management.
- Maintained continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
PMO Project Manager
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Created the PMO office and implemented the Program management methodology for large scale projects with cross-functional departments and teams from inception to completion.
- Built relationship with senior executives and school leaders to add value in moving the appropriate projects that add organizational value forward vs those that don’t.
- Prepare project plans, schedule, goals and team assignments, project documents (charter,scope management plan, business case, communication plan, requirements documents) reporting and monitoring project portfolio activity using Project Server.
- Managed the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Navision software to help track company financials, billing and budget management at a corporate level.
- Managing school expansion and construction projects ranging from $1 - $10million in budgets and over 60 assigned resources and vendors.
- Developed and implementing standard project and portfolio management process across the company and its schools.
- Communicate weekly with the CEO, President and company VPs on the status of projects and ongoing risks to ensure full visibility and insight into the project portfolio.
- Training the school Managing Directors on Project Management processes and implementation, risk management, project budget controlling and issue escalation to senior management.
- Track key project milestones, perform gap analysis and adjust project plans and/or resources across different functional departments to meet the needs of the customers.
IT Project Manager Consultant
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Implemented full software life cycle development (SDLC) methodologies to manage Confidential ’s Policy administration and life insurance application projects. Managed a team of 10 from design to deployment.
- Developed project plans, managed project budgets ranging from $300k to $5m, created matrices to assess readiness and status, and presentation of high level status and milestones to management using Planview PPM tool .
- Developed and maintained Vendor relationship for major VIN decoding e-commerce project (CVINA) and implemented project-management methodologies to manage the project from inception to completion.
- Managed the Confidential ’s Claims records and processing application project from requirements gathering, construction, implementation and infrastructure build-out and workflow management for the in-house mainframe system.
- Introduced and managed the process of ongoing training for the IT department in areas of leadership, time management and getting certified through Learning Tree (Education Vendor).
- Comprehensive use of MS Project and MS Visio to group project use cases into Sequence and Activity Diagrams based on UML methods thereby defining the business process model and set project timelines.
- Oversaw the implementation Microsoft Dynamics Project Management and service management tool.
- Facilitated meetings and JAD sessions with project sponsors and stakeholders and trained a team of business analysts on implementing requirements and best practices for the Confidential Life Insurance and Annuities processing applications.
- Developed the deployment plan, lead project meetings and prioritized scope changes as well as facilitated the project approval process.
- Worked as an intermediary and SME between end-users and implementation project teams involved in the Credit Life & Disability software application development.
IT Project Manager Consultant
Confidential, Glenview, IL
- Managed scope changes, project status, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Developed and managed full project management lifecycle practice and methodology (ex. Charter, SOW, WBS, etc.) and implemented SDLC for Confidential ’s Salesforce CRM and SQL server migration project.
- Created project plans and project charters for expansion of web and database applications on a .net framework and a Client-Server business structure.
- Applied and mentored staff in project management and business analysis best practices and standards to web based project implementations for Confidential ’s SureCalc Project.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing project budgets ranging from $ 75,000 to $1.2m, and acted as a member on both Project/ Program steering committees.
- Responsible for preparing software requirement specifications (SRS), functional requirement documents (FRD), user interface design and work breakdown structure templates for the project team.
- Conducted Gap Analysis, Risk Analysis, RFP, Benefit Analysis Performance Analysis and utilized SDLC standard documentation for Confidential ’s in house SalesForce and Finance application.
- Lowered the number of software implementation incidents by 60% by creating new release management process.
- Created test traceability matrix to streamline quality assurance process for Confidential ’s “SUI Rate” calculation engine and HWC (Hartford Workers Compensation) Project.
- Defined the project team roles and responsibilities and created the project schedule using MS Project.
- Provided leadership and direction to project teams by understanding business processes, gathering requirements, identifying potential usability issues, managing scope, and ensuring that an appropriate level of application quality was maintained at all times.
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
- Acted as liaison and project manager between business stakeholders and IT development teams to communicate requirements and resolve issues of ambiguity.
- Engaged business stakeholders to capture, document, and clarify specific business line rules, processes, and requirements both at a high level and detailed level.
- Created UML diagrams including Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Analyzed and documented differences between the “as is” and “to be” processes flows and use cases for Coventry’s web based application using UML diagrams and SDLC.
- Led the joint application design sessions for different in-house projects, managed requirements documentation and partnered with sponsors to secure project funding.
- Defined phase deliverables and project schedule using the SDLC methodology to meet business requirements and was responsible for maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix. (RTM)
- Interfaced with business and quality assurance analysts as well as developers on encrypting PHI during a CDH single sign on functionality project.
- Responsible for coordinating end user training and post-deployment support to the clients.
- Implemented change management processes in accordance to HIPAA guidelines/policies that managed and controlled major changes that were impacting schedule and budget.
- Retrieved, verified the information related to the Use Cases, done using SQL and Utilized Cognos for ad-hoc queries and project scorecarding.