- Result oriented professional with 12+ years’ experience in IT industry
- 12 years of Mainframe Technologies experience encompassing a wide range of skill set, roles and industry verticals including 31 months onshore client facing experience.
- Extensive experience with analysis, design, development, customizations, Project Management, technical Team Leader, Onsite coordinator and implementation of software applications in mainframe technology & Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical
- Strong technical skills, database skills and development knowledge
- Experience in leading and managing teams. Handled multiple roles - Onsite coordinator, Team Lead, Software Architect, Developer and 3+ years of experience handling production support.
- Expertise knowledge in COBOL, DB2, MVS, JCL, CICS, CICS Web services and VSAM.
- Familiar with Java, JSP, HTML, XML, CICS and PHP programming.
- Advance knowledge of credit card processing application viz Authorization, New Accounts, Statement and core processing.
- Good domain knowledge of credit card Processing, Financial Services and Healthcare Insurance.
- Good working Knowledge in waterfall SDLC, Agile Methodology Process & JIRA.
Programming languages: COBOL, JCL, JDBC, Easytrieve
Entreprise Technologies/Tools: CICS, Cor Java 1.4, MQ S ries, FTP EDI, IBM CD Job, TSYS, ServiceNow, Test director, MVS, TSO, ISPF
Databases: IBM DB2, IMS-DB, IDMS, VSAM, My SQL, MS-Access
Reporting Tool: Easytrieve
Web Technologies: Java Script, HTML, PHP
Development Tools: Xpeditor, TSO/ISPF,CA-7,Zeke, Endevor, File-Aid, Platinum, SPUFI, Inter-Test, SyncSort, MVS Utilities
Operating System: MVS, ZOs, Unix
Processes: SDLC, Water fall and Agile Methodology Process.
CRM System: Triumph, Star Claim Processing, Nasco, Blue-chip
Confidential, Chicago IL
Senior Cobol programmerResponsibilities:
- Requirement gathering, scope definition, sizing of upcoming projects/treatments.
- Understand system components, applications and associated specifications.
- Performing impact analysis. Analyze the requirement and find out the functional /technical requirement of the change.
- Finalize the high level changes and co-ordinate with the offshore team to get those implemented.
- Program code changes/enhancement.
- Code review as per code review checklist.
- Performance monitoring.
- Actively involved in preparing the supporting/quality documents for audits and project management.
- Have been the face of team when it comes interacting with the client.
- Mentoring and guiding new joiners to reach a comfort level in project.
- Handling On-call support for IST working hours.
- Responsible for taking automation communication of file transfer thru automated email generation from mainframe System.
Technologies Used: IBM Mainframe Zo/S, COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, InterTest, Service Now, Zeke, VDR Reporting, DocumentDirect
Senior Cobol programmerResponsibilities:
- Responsible for leading a project team in delivering solution to our customer in the healthcare sector.
- Worked closely with client for the entire Architecture of Migration of Claims Processing Application to new Application.
- Responsible for providing new and complex high quality solutions to satisfy the various business requirements
- Responsible for managing scope, planning, tracking, change control, aspects of the project.
- Responsible for effective communication between the project team and the customer. Plays an important role in giving day to day direction to the project team and also in giving regular project status to the customer.
- Translate customer requirements into formal requirements and design documents, establish specific solutions, and leading the efforts including programming and testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of functional and Technical experience in Rational Asset Analyzer and other leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to deliver solutions to customer
- Establish Quality Procedure for the team and continuously monitor and audit to ensure team meets quality goals
Technologies Used: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, InterTest, Service Now, CA7, Endevor, Easytrieve, File Aid, Abend Aid, IMS-DB
Nasco Benefit Coder and Claim AnalystResponsibilities:
- Collected and documented various NPR(New Project Request), CSR(Customer Service Request), BCR(Benefit Change Request), PID(Problem Identification) from Team lead and Primary Analysts.
- Analyzed business requirements and prepared mnemonic code grids.
- Worked on Benefit file coding for New Group Implementation Project.
- Worked with HRBK Application for Benefit File Coding and Testing.
- Performed NASCO Flex Plan Rules Table coding
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis and Data Analysis
- Coding Mnemonic grids sequentially as per the Benefit requirements.
- Conducted Unit testing in HEHK Application in order to see claim is working as per the code requirements.
- Interacted with Procedure File, Provider File, Diagnosis File, HIQK online screens as a part of Claim analysis.
- Worked with Institutional Claims, Professional Claims, Hearing claims and Dental Claims.
- Worked and resolved production claim issues and error messages.
- Created and updated the mnemonic code in Ded Max Application file which accumulates the dollars spent on medical services per annum.
- Analyzed and validated 837 Professional, Institutional and dental claims as a part of Unit Testing and notifying the results to Primary Analyst.
- Involved in the team member meetings to review benefit file code.
- Loading of code to every production cycle (14 days)
- Maintaining the Project status in PDM (Project Data Manager) Application.
- Updating the Project status in CSR log whenever coding is done.
Technologies Used: NASCO, Mainframes (IBM TPX 3270 terminal, CICS, TSO, MVS, JCL, COBOL), PDM (Project data manager) and MVS, TSO, ISPF
- Participate in requirement gathering JAD sessions and support documentation where applicable (business, functional, usability, data, compliance, 3rd party tools & products)
- Create the HL Design and detailed design document with the support of architects for the assigned scope.
- Review all deliverables created by the Developer.
- Create detailed design and assign to developer.
- Provide input to the Project Manager / Technical Lead to create the project plan from a technical perspective.
- Initiate development environment setup.
- Provide demo to customer for early feedback.
- Raise clarifications / issues / concerns regarding work output to the lead.
- Participate in setup activities for required environment setup.
- Deploy code build in testing environment.
- Conduct peer review during design, coding and testing.
- Complete documentation as per the scope.
- Prepare guidelines and checklist for development and testing activities.
- Develop comprehensive unit testing cases and unit test plans.
- Conduct comprehensive unit testing.
- Create unit test logs.
- Prepare and support in preparation of unit test strategy.
- Plan document and data requirements.
- Review test cases as prepared by the Developer.
Technologies Used: COBOL, DB2, JCL, CICS, VSAM, Inter Test
- Analysis of the Functional Specification Documents.
- Perform code changes to the existing components and also develop the new modules according to the Functional Specification Documents
- Unit Testing, Peer Review.
- De-bugging of the Components.
- Prepare Unit-Test Case Documents.
- Involvement in Requirement Clarifications from the Client.
- Involvement in the status calls with On-site Team.
- Fixing Defects raised during the System Testing.
- Analysis / revision and coding of project requirements document provided by Secore Business
- Software installation in QA and Production environment
- Adhere to the System Development Life Cycle process, ensure others follow process
- Work closely with the Business Analyst team to produce all the documentation required by the SDLC standards
- Interact with Business, Managers and Employees at all Levels in Tampa
- Support the project implementation in Secure mainframe application
Technologies Used: NetworX Modeler, MQ series, XML Parsing, CICS, CICS Web Services, JCL, COBOL