Leverage project management experience with leadership expertise to successfully deliver projects in the public or private sector.
Results - Oriented Project Manager, with over 15 years of progressive real-world experience and leadership. Maintains continuous alignment of project scope with strategic business objectives. A creative problem solver with time management skills coupled with outstanding interpersonal skills that facilitate tangible results.
- Project Scope Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Order Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Controls
- Resource Management
- Earned Value Management
- SCRUM Planning
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Agile Project life-cycle
- Waterfall Project Life Cycle
Tools: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, ServiceNow Project Portfolio Suite, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Lead Project Manager
Confidential, Hampton, VA
- Managed project teams through the Agile project life-cycle including requirements, development, testing/quality assurance, configuration management, and production release.
- Facilitated discussions between the development and customer teams to capture business requirements, stories, use cases, business flows and acceptance criteria.
- Conducted sprint planning and sprint review meetings.
- Collaborated across teams to gain consensus for project direction and requirements agreement. Assisted in evaluating design of new and existing systems to judge their functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership.
- Actively manage budget, schedule, resources, and risks throughout the Task Orders delivery. Developed and maintain project plans and a master schedule for the project and provided resource management support.
- Manage customer and management expectations and communicate effectively to both
Project Management Office, Lead Project Manager
- Managed all aspects of the project (e.g. delivery, resource forecasts, project administration) and progress reporting as well as manage and coach the individuals working on the project.
- Organized and host progress meetings with senior IT management, project sponsors and steering committees. Introduced Risk Awareness by proactively identifying and raising control deficiencies and driving diligent risk remediation.
- Introduced standard project methodologies and processes to be used across all information technology projects.
- Maintained a cross-functional, cross-organizational project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan. Trains and/or mentors others in Change and Issue Management.
- Solicited and organizes customer requirements and tracks the status of project deliverables. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents Trains and/or mentors others in scope management.
- Managed complex schedules integrating multiple sub-projects. Coaches, mapping sessions, and/or has an advanced level of proficiency with schedule management tools. Trains and/or mentors others in schedule management.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Project Manager
- Deployed harbor security surveillance system in Africa.
- Managed system integration, installation and testing of Confidential and sensor systems; delivered first of breed pilot systems on mainland and offshore sites.
- Managed costs, schedules, performance and quality by overseeing project deliverables.
- Ensured schedule and budget were met. Identified changes, determined course of action and revises as appropriate.
- Directed all project functions including in-country finance, contracting, subcontracting, engineering, installation, logistics, and training.
- Managed the ongoing review of project(s) status; identified risks. Developed, recommended and implemented risk mitigation solutions and executed changes as appropriate.
- Applied knowledge management techniques including: lessons learned, continuous improvement, and knowledge sharing.
System /Project Manager
- Managed the various site designs, installation, integration, fielding, testing and training of a Tactical Video Capturing System.
- Maintained required documentation including SharePoint site, distribution lists, meeting minutes, project logs, project schedules, requirements documents, project budgets, and status reports.
- Managed the overall change control processes and quality assurance aspects of the project to ensure project success.
- Successfully worked with project team leads and integrated teams of both Confidential personnel and subcontractors to ensure all contractual requirements are performed on time, within budget and to the customer satisfaction.
- Implemented effective measures to achieve positive customer advocacy utilizing an effective daily stakeholders meeting.
- Served as central hub for all project related work and was intimately involved with day-to-day project details.
- Led cross-functional teams to deliver a multi-application program providing standardized tactical support information systems capability to afloat, deploying, and shore-based Navy and Marine Corps activities.
- Confidential incorporates Aviation, Surface & Subsurface Maintenance, Supply, Inventory, Finance, and Administration.
- Managed project workflow from planning through implementation and site acceptance.
- Performed local/remote technical system support for Confidential applications by providing routine workstation and configuration and troubleshooting assistance.
- Managed site implementations, which includes the loading of all systems, application software and databases.