- Currently leading QA for three sprints in Digital currency project
- Developed test strategy and carried out end - to-end and Web Services testing for REST and SOAP protocols using SoapUI/Ready API tools
- Created automation framework and developed scripts in Groovy for message generation algorithm and orderStatus Taxonomy
- Lead manual and automation test engineers in financial and foreign exchange services. The applications are complex and multi-threaded on Java Client/Server platform, with back-end matching engines on Linux/Unix.
- Designed and moved the Automation Lab to VM ware. Reduced hardware foot print without interrupting regression runs and automation script development
- Built and configured customer and automation lab for Cloud testing, mock testing and used HP/Mercury tools e.g. Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, WinRunner, LoadRunner for various application environments.
- Used Waterfalls, RAD and Agile as SDLC methodology
- Lead technical team and designed automation scripts for VeriFIX front end, to test FIX protocol for Deal feed application.
- Lead script development of in-house Java based automation tool for message level testing of Market Rate Feed (Market Data application)
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Curently working and leading QA for 3 sprints in Digital Currency project
- Preapred Test strategy, Test Plan for the Digital Currency project
- Conducted triage meetings with qa, dev, businees
- Worked and cordinated within in departments e.g. integration with sysyem of records, 2nd factor authentication
- Tested using their widgets before integration and after integration
- Planned and created Automation scripts for the Web Services starting from unit testing
- Created strategy to automate the Front end using the ATM tool
- Attend all the 16 sprints and the scrums therof for the project
- Actively participated and tested the production candidate
- Validated the Account opening and Money movement process in Production after the installs
- Tested integration and End to End testing of the components associated such as Shadow suite
- Validated data on a regular basis as obtained from the dB
- Used ReadyAPI for the unit testing of Web services both in REST and SOAP
- Validated more than 20 services for the project and looked at the Taxonomy and Swagger documentation to meet the standards
- Created frame work in groovy/ReadyAPI to compare services for multiple versions
- Lead the effort for conversion of Mainfram to JavaDirect project for the Legacy system
- Validated and created test plan and strategy for testing the migration effort thru Stored Procedure
- Carried out End to End testing and unit testing based on requests obtained from the Splunk logs to correlate with User Interface
- Developed Test Plan for testing of REST API and SOAP Smart messaging project
- Designed strategy to carry out testing and develop scripts for automation while testing manual
- Lead all QA activities consisting of Manual testing, automation regression, Software integration and User Acceptance environments
- Developed test strategy and carried out end-to-end and Web Services testing of Smart message and Mainframe migration projects in FI trading applications for REST and SOAP using SoapUI/Ready API tools
- Carried out testing to validate Web Services API outputs/responses against data in the Mainframe Database
- Developed framework and automation scripts to submit orders and validate against the responses based on message creation algorithm
- Created test suit for testing message flow with Request and Response with the use of SoapUI, Ready API tools for Soap and REST API
- Evaluate automation scripts for regression of existing functionality and execute the test suit written in Groovy
- Analyze and develop strategy to consolidate the automation suite and move to a new frame work for running the automation suit
- Extensively used Ready API tool to test manual request and analyzed responses obtained in XML, JSON and Forms formats and compare for multiple end points
- Currently developing Groovy scripts for the data comparisons for different end points
- Utilize the Multiple Application user interface API tool to input data through SOAP and REST protocols
- Lead the QA team with special emphasis on automation, supporting the team for technical and non-technical issues, preparing and reviewing the Test plans and communicating with higher and program management for new products (API based - Confidential Direct) streamed prices using the simulator tool and validated the message format and structure, parsing the log files and at the UI
- Carried out extensive Regression testing for 4 major User interfaces using automated test suite and batching for overnight runs under different environments (for browser based - Firefox, IE) with Quality center/Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)) tool
- Brought down the regression cycle time from 5 days to 1 day for two major user interfaces with Java and Flex over the last 2 years by optimizing the frame work and utilizing the Virtual Machine (VMs)
- Increased functional testing coverage through automation from 50% to 70% and added enhanced features during or after a release cycle over the last two years contributing to reduced QA cycle for each release
- Prepared QA strategy for releases and meet QA objectives of high quality product delivery
- Contributed significantly to improve ROI by optimizing frameworks and cutting down regression cycle times and resource utilization
- Co-ordinated testing activities with our offshore team in Tel-Aviv on a regular basis
- Provided leadership for test execution and quality certification of multiple projects, especially migrating to agile methods recently
- Lead a team of test engineers for testing complex FX, Forwards and Market Data applications developed using Java, Flex and Web
- Organized and scheduled Cloud, manual and automated testing of Spot, Market Data and Deal feed (ASI,TOF,EASI,FIX 4.4 protocols)
- Critically evaluated the functional requirements and optimized test effort to support application deployment on schedule without compromising quality
- Interacted with product team, program management and development teams for schedules and shortening the test cycles
- Introduced QuickTestPro to the company and took ownership to migrate the Winrunner scripts to QTP.
- Created an automation team to perform this large migration and trained the existing manual testers to run regression using automation scripts
- Formed an integrated team on the trading side consisting of Manual and automated test Engineers.
- Implemented Test and Automation methodologies and processes - Streamlined the process for functional enhancement testing and carry it to automation with the same test case inventory
- Evolved methods for parallel execution of automation testing and reduce cost by reducing the hardware requirements (e.g. for the same coverage of application functionality, the number of Workstations was reduced from 22 to 6)
- Initiated migration of scripts from WinRunner to QuickTestPro and implemented the migration of 300+ scripts to new frame work
- Emphasized on Data-Driven testing to improve script efficiency and broader coverage
- Evaluated automated test inventory and organized automation effort for Client/Server application and conducted infrastructure and capacity planning
- Analyzed staff requirements within budget and based on project schedules
- Initiated and coordinated discussions with Program management, product and development groups to reduce time and costs for projects
- Escalated tools, training for staff and licensing requirements to Sr. management
- Communicated with higher and Program management indicating the effort and resource requirements, and test status of release candidates
- Prepared Test Plans and Test Reports and analyzed results to ascertain quality and risks of deployment
- Estimated design and coding effort for developing automated scripts to achieve the targets
- Provided QA metrics for defects to senior management and maintained certification standards
- Supported vendor evaluation for a fixed task and negotiated the contract terms for migration to third party tools
- Supervised extensively the team during various phases of testing, lab configuration, automated script development.
- Reviewed team members for performance appraisal processes
- Defined goals and assigned activities to team members
- Evaluated Tools requirements for Automation and Market data products
- Enforced quality standards for testing based on company needs
- Provide the field Service Centers and management with quick and valid responses to work orders.
- Developed QTP scripts for Java UI, Flex UI and Web based front end
- Developed automation libraries, frame work for these applications
- Found and implemented a method to switch all scripts from a position based frame work to a property based frame work for object identification
- Created a frame work for automating VeriFIX GUI to use all output formats e.g. ASI, EASI, TOF and FIX for back office validations
- Developed automation Frame work for Deal feed Web Query Tool
- Developed backend testing scripts embedding SQL queries to check the Broker database on Unix/Linux system for Oracle database.
- Lead QA and automation team for Block trading application which used the RAD - Rapid application development method
- Guided team members to follow the Reporting standards and regulation as per the Dodd - Frank federal requirements
- Determine and /decide as to the number of cycles of test and type of testing required, based on project timeline.
- Evaluated resource requirements and supported the senior management for recruiting appropriate candidates within budget and time limits
- Created Test plans for multiple projects e.g FxNet, Block Trading, CLS, Smalls
- Prepared defect metrics and carried out coverage analysis for product Quality
- Prepared test reports for the above projects for various enhancements
- Planned the lab and configurations for the Prime broker releasesfor testing the back end components of the client/server application
- Supervised testing of CLS on BrokerNet and Legacy platforms
- Supervised testing of Voice on BrokerNet Platform
- Analyzed and cross verified the calculation for testing market rate feed which included validation of Benchmark calculations with market evolved algorithm
- Supervised unit testing and certification testing activity for FxNet application
- Monitored system performance for FxNet application
- Supervised installation, upgrades and fall back testing for server and client side of BrokerNet and FxNet applications.
- Supervised Software Integration testing, configuration setup and lab creations/database for Prime broker projects
- Carried out Performance and volume testing for FxNet application
- Identified critical network grid lock situation/Communication problem
- Extensively improved the Performance/volume/stress test suit for FxNet
- Developed WinRunner scripts for VAX application front end with Terminal Emulator
- Carried out and supervise system Limits and any other release that expands the boundary of the current and future systems.
- Identify better processes to help reduce time and resources to certify release.
- Carried out lab setting, testing, test script preparation for BT network Migration
- Certify that similar software functionality is consistent on all platforms.
- Carried out inspection for audit purposes to meet the Escrow requirements
- Prepared the functional specification document as a part of reverse Engineer project for FXNET Foreign Exchange netting
- Analyzed and studied the C, DCL (COM)code on VAX/VMS operating system to prepare the specification
- Prepared an extensive document on the available and unavailable test scripts for testing the application from the user and validation point
- Carried out gap analysis for identifying the missing scripts and prepared test scripts to validate the functionality of the system, including that for the Y2K compliance for VAX/VMS application.
- Managed offshore team for development and testing assignments
- Designed projects for the Y2K compliance and prepared process documents to carryout assessment and analysis tasks for application on DEC/VAX
- Prepared documents for design and implementation processes, as a part of ISO9000 Certification
- Prepared project budget requirement and carried out cost saving analysis
- Coordinated offshore teams for project and quality requirements
Languages: C, BASIC, SQL, Python, Selenium, QTP/UFT, Java, C++
OS/DB/Utilities: Unix/AIX, Linux, Oracle, Windows, Quality Center, ALM, Waterfall, Agile and RAD SDLC methodologies, SoapUI, REST,SOAPUI/Ready API Web Services, Git/Stash, SourceTree, Groovy
Hardware: Intel, RS6000, Mainframe IBM3270