- Skilled proficient with 2+ Years of involvement in IT industry including solid foundation in Linux/Unix, CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) process, Software Configuration Management (SCM) and AWS Cloud Management all inside that suites the necessities of a situation under DevOps Culture.
- Worked with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM services, Cloud Watch, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, AWS Migration Hub, Snowball, AWS Single Sign - On, CloudFront, ECS, EKS.
- Used AWS ECS to schedule the placement of containers across the cluster based on resource needs, isolation policies, and availability requirements.
- Used AWS EKS to run the Kubernetes management infrastructure across multiple zones to eliminate a single point of failure and created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Used Terraform to manage multiple servers and handled cross-cloud dependencies which simplify management and orchestration.
- Codified production environment using Terraform and then shared with staging, QA and Dev and used these configurations to rapidly spin up new environments to test in and then be easily disposed of.
- Worked on Ansible to provision AWS services and infrastructure automation in a SaaS environment and for dynamic scaling-up and scaling-down of machines.
- Created and used Ansible templates to create customized configuration files for hosts and used Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data.
- Experience in implementing continuous delivery (CD) pipeline with Docker, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus and AWS AMI's in Linux environment.
- Worked on setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs with Jenkins and used scripts to Jenk ins Pipeline jobs and set up the End User Security.
- Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Experience in managing software artifacts required for development using repository managers like Nexus Artifactory.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as SVN, GIT (Distributed Version Control)
- Set up CRON jobs for automated processes and extremely familiar with usage of SSH and ftp / sftp /scp / telnet for remote connections.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios, Cloud Watch.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL
Programming languages: Shell scripting, python
Source Code Management tools: Subversion, GIT
Build tools: MAVEN
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins
Configuration Management: Ansible
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services
Web Servers/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring /Logging: Nagios, Cloud Watch, AppDynamics
Project/Issue Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla.
Repository Management: Nexus
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Jr.DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Migrated an existing on-premises application to AWS using AWS Snowball, Ansible, cloud formation, terraform.
- Launched and configured of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's and Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier. Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automate system operations, to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment and to configure hosted Instances within AWS.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs and worked to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Converted production support scripts to Ansible playbooks and implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs also, configured, automated using Docker containers and built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- In kubernetes created services in order to deploy the services. Apart from this created replica sets, deployments, and defined type of service as like elastic load balancer which meets the end user as a service and configured the route 53 in AWS and defined domain names at perfect URL for the end users.
- Worked with different deployment strategies like Blue/Green Deployments and Canary deployments in AWS Environment.
- Responsible for managing MongoDB environment with high availability, performance and scalability perspectives.
- Administered multiple environments, automating backups and checks, restore, validation/integrity checks, growth modeling and predictions, and system expansion; assisted with upgrade efforts with MongoDB.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience in managing software artifacts required for development using repository managers like Nexus Artifactory
- Created multiple Python, UNIX Shell scripts to configure Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with ansible automation.
Jr. DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Automate the Build and deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using various AWS services.
- Used Terraform templates for configuring AWS instances.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with Cloud Bees Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS .
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deployed application containers.
- Configured playbooks by applying node convergence and used Ansible to setup Dev, Staging and Integration environments and created roles, playbooks and data bags for server configuration management and used those playbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Used Jenkins for CI and configured jobs for snapshot creations and deployments.
- Developed various automation scripts using Shell Script to develop Jenkins pipeline jobs and configured Jenkins jobs for various deployments of Java based applications using Jenkins File as part of PaaS.
- Used GitHub and Jenkins plugins to leverage integration tests using Jenkins builds and SonarQube to provide code quality and coverage before project is merged.
- Developed automated jobs to migrate SVN repos to multiple GitHub repos with history and to compare files between SVN and GitHub after migration and created one-way bridge from SVN to Git using git-svn utility to update Git contents and Automated merges to remote repository using functionalities like GitHub pull request builder.
- Administered Nexus by maintaining all the build dependencies and large files storage repository for Git LFS.
- Developed Jenkins jobs to integrate Cucumber reports with Selenium test automation.
- Used Docker for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.