- Experienced as a Scrum Master/Business Analyst with more than 12 + years of solid experience in IT consulting & Business Analysis in Banking, E - commerce, and Service sector.
- As an Agile Scrum Master - Ensured that the team is fully functional and productive, Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions, remove any barriers/impediments, Ensures that the process is followed.
- Facilitated Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospective
- Extensive experience in managing Sprint artifacts.
- Facilitated all Agile Ceremonies in both Scrum and Kanban Structure.
- Extensive experience in eliciting, analyzing and documenting Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and developing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Experienced with Rational Unified Process (RUP) and business modelling techniques with UML.
- Created Kanban and Scrum boards in Jira based on teams work flow
- Continuously monitor Lead time and Cycle time of issues on Kanban boards
- Good exposure to agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Extensive experience in MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro and gathering user requirements and documentation.
- Experienced in manual testing, and SQL queries to validate data in MS SQL SERVER.
- Extensive experience in creation of Use Case Scenarios of Business processes.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Experienced in Functional testing, Regression testing, and System testing.
- Experienced in test cases to meet the system objectives, and involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Extensive experience in Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, and System Level Load and Stress Testing.
- A good Team player with the ability to communicate effectively with users and developers at all levels. Excellent presentation skills and strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like requirements, analysis/design, and development and testing.
- Experience in developing UML use case diagrams, work flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, flowcharts, screen mockups and report prototypes using tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Solid understanding of gap analysis, requirements management, testing and project plans.
- Practical knowledge of Waterfall, Spiral, Agile & Rational Unified Process (RUP) SDLC Methodologies.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing BRD, Use Case Specifications, SRS, FR and NFR.
- Expertise in requirements gathering using different Elicitation techniques.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end-users, expert team, development and QA team for resolving issues and making decisions.
- Excellent knowledge in SQL including writing Views & Joins.
- Experience creating test metrics including test coverage, test results, requirement traceability matrix (RTM) and acceptance reports using tools (Test Director, Quality Center) and manually.
- Facilitated the backlog prioritization meetings to define release scope.
- Coordinated the Release Planning of multiple projects within a defined set of sprints.
- A Versatile Self-starter with, strong listening, interpersonal, quantitative, qualitative, evaluating & analytical skills.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Instructed and modeled core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise
- Responsible for all aspects of the development efforts: stand-ups, demos, burn down charts, retrospectives, etc.
- Set clear and attainable project objectives aligned with project vision.
- Collaborated closely with Product owner, Scrum Master, Lead System Architect & offshore team
- Worked with cross functional team, key stake holders, 3rd party vendors to ensure that dependencies are resolved
- Defined the Business Architecture for the COE.
- Oversaw project change management processes and ensured decisions are documented, communicated and followed
- Facilitated Business Use Case creation and test plans and scenarios for business owner and product team review and approval.
- Led reviews of scenarios and test plans with business owners and senior management.
- Tracked onsite / offshore
- Involved in developing Process documentation for Sprint / Support Team and get the business signoff.
- As a SCM, I have worked with Confidential and 23 downstream interface partners (DAPO, California Corrections Electronic Health Care System, California’s Department of Justice, California’s Secretary of State, Social Security Administration, Board of Parole Hearing, Lifer Scheduling and Tracking System, Disability and Effective Communication System, Department of Child Support Services, Sacramento Sheriff’s Department, FBI etc.)
- As a SCM for SOMS project, I am extensively involved with CalParole Replacement project, starting from conducting JAD sessions, conducting client meetings, identifying requirements, and documenting the requirements.
- Gathered requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and Subject Matter Experts.
- Documented the client-approved requirements in GSD (General Systems Design) document.
- Conducted bi-weekly internal team meetings to identify system constraints.
- Worked with developers to created DSD (Detailed System Design) specification documents.
- Created Interface specification design documents for Confidential ’s downstream partners (Interface partners).
- Extensively involved in identifying the issues, defects and problem statements with the project team.
- Created Remedy Tickets in HP Service Manager for any production defects, issues, change requests.
- Attended bi-weekly Quality Assurance Board meetings to decide the schedule for system downtime to implements change requests.
- Kept the GSD, DSD, and Interface specification documents updated, based on the new changes are implemented via change request in production.
- Conducted training sessions with training department to provide the updated information to the Confidential customer service department.
- Complete understanding of California Corrections Electronic Health Care System (CCHCS), Electronic Record Management System, Rule Violation Reports (Discipline) project, Security Threat Group phase 1 (Gang sets, and subsets).
- As a SCM, I am extensively involved with developers in Unit testing to identify, investigate and fix the defects.
- I have complete understating of Confidential ’s database tables for CalParole Replacement project.
- During regression testing, wrote SQL queries to extract data from the database, and validate the data with the existing record in eOMIS application.
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively involved in lifecycle testing with Confidential and downstream partners.
- Validated the data generated by eOMIS application with downstream interface partners.
- Used Autosys tool to force start jobs and reports from the system during lifecycle testing phase.
- Identify any issues or mismatch of data generated from the system and the reports that are delivered to the interface partners.
- Conducted thorough investigation on issues reported by Confidential and interface partners.
- Investigated, logged the defects in HP QC tool, and assign it to appropriate resource to resolve the defect.
- Conducted bi-weekly defect status meetings with Confidential and interface partners, and provided status.
- Because, I had worked as a SCM on CalParole Replacement project, and because of my knowledge of all the modules of SOMS project, I was the main point of contact for all the questions, issues reported by Confidential and downstream interface partners during lifecycle testing during CalParole Replacement project.
- Facilitated the resolution of issues, impediments, defects and observations.
- Performed Elicitation techniques to gather requirements.
- Performed impact analysis, feasibility analysis during the change requested and submitted the report to the stakeholders.
- Facilitated the backlog prioritization meetings to define release scope.
- Supported Release Train Engineer, attended Scrum of Scrums as needed.
- Established and communicated the annual calendars for iterations and Program Increments (PI).
- Aggregated team objectives into Program Objectives and published for visibility and transparency.
- Facilitated PI Planning readiness via fostering the preparation of vision and backlogs and via pre-and post-planning meetings. Was involved in Program execution and PI feature completion tracking.
- Aggregated Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Driven program-level continuous improvement via Retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops.
- Encouraged team and program level Quality Practices and Communities of Practice around SAFe, Scrum, and Agile program management. Escalated, prioritized and resolved Impediments.
- Established the annual calendars for Sprints, Program Increments, and all other Agile and SAFe artifacts.
- Facilitated PI planning events, readiness, Vision and backlogs.
- Participated in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities. Provided input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Reported status to Release Management.
- Responsible for program planning, demo, inspection and adaption, synchronization, release planning and improvement planning.
- Worked with other technical teams for resolution. Worked with execution team and tracking team to record risks, reports and metrics.
- Assisted with the execution and feature/capability completion tracking.
- Good exposure to agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Facilitated periodic synchronization meetings, including ART synchronize at the program level.
- Worked on Data Analysis to build Strategy Web application for database integration.
- Elicited requirements for development of the users GUI, interfacing with various systems.
- Assisted the project managers with the development of project schedules using MS Project 2010.
- Prepared Business Process Models that depicted modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual and procedural level.
- Analyzed the existing reports of the reporting system in the database. Checked the consistency of the data after ETL process using SQL queries.
- Documented project artifacts such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Test cases and Test Plans.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Reviewed and analyzed data mapping using Informatica Power center 8.6.
- Maintained and updated version control of the documentation using Rational Clear Case.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Business Process using MS Visio or Rational Rose Modeler.
- Conducted user interviews, JAD sessions, brainstorming and surveys. Gathered and analyzed the requirements using Rational Requisite pro.
- Extensively worked in Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping for ETL process.
- Responsible for Data Extraction, Data Compilation, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server 2005 environment.
- Involved in writing the detailed Test Plan using Mercury Quality Center, after analyzing business requirements and software/functional requirement artifacts.
- Involved in Integration Testing, GUI testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing, and Acceptance testing in the new builds for Basic Functionality Checking.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in UAT testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements.
Environment: MS Visio 2010, Rational RequisitePro 7.0.x, Rational Rose Modeler, Rational Clear Case, MS Project 2010, MS Office suite 2010, Oracle, SQL server, SQL queries, Informatica Power Center 8.6
- Interfaced with subject matter experts (SMEs) and users to gather business requirements.
- Communicated project status regularly to key business stakeholders and lead UAT testing activities coordinating with users.
- Successfully conducted (JAD) Joint Application Development sessions with the cross-functional team members for discussing various shared issues to ensure that business requirements are met and requirements are understood at all levels.
- Improved efficiency within the team by redesigning workflows and business processes.
- Prepared use case documents using MS Visio and UML.
- Worked closely with the end users and technical team to ensure best practices in testing methodologies.
- Assisted Sr. Project Manager in conducting informal sessions with testing team to resolve open incidents and issues.
- Used JIRA to track and follow-up on defects with the QA team in different builds.
- Involved in writing UAT Test Scripts and execution using Quality Center.Prepared test summary reports every week to report the status of testing.
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test cases (RTM) and generate reports and graphs.
- Executed and designed SDLC cycle from inception to deployment (Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Cases, Script Development, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Result Analysis and Defect Retesting).
- Analyzed the Business and Technical requirements by interacting with business users and developed Test plan and Test strategy for Functional testing of each phase of the application.
- Developed Functional, Integration, System, Validation & UAT Test Cases to determine Systems satisfactory results to an end user & compliance with FDA regulation.
- Executed Test cases by conducting various testing such as Validation, Functional, Integration, Regression and GUI Testing.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from the database, and validate the data with the existing record in application.
- Added Requirements to Quality Center and generated Traceability Matrices to ensure that all the requirements are - covered by the test cases.
- Extensively involved in writing SQL Statement for complex queries.
- Extensively used (MQC) for creating & executing Test cases and logging defects.
- Involved in writing Tester user guide for approving, updating and signing test protocols (non- critical and critical) for validation.