- Twenty years of combined experience in technical support, software development and project management with the knowledge of PMBOK standard. Adept at all aspects of project management, SDLC, Agile and Waterfall development. Results - oriented and versatile professional with strong project management, communication, analytical and problem solving skills. Able to communicate effectively and manage/implement multiple projects and tasks concurrently. Member of PMI - Project Management Institute.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, Oracle), UNIX (SCO), Windows.
Confidential New York, NY
Senior Technical Specialist
- Managed a project to create and maintain customized bootable installation media that allowed to build Linux servers using USB thumb drives and via remotely executed script. The project involved full life cycle from requirement gathering to development, testing, release and support, communicating with stakeholders on a regular basis. Successful completion resulted in substantial monetary savings and efficiency by reducing the need for on-site dispatches. Technology: Perl/Python/ksh/C/Linux .
- Managed development of a call-tracking system which allowed to display live statistic and status of incoming client calls on the electronic signs. The system allowed supervisors to efficiently manage resources which decreased the callers wait time and increased customer satisfaction and client retention. Technology: MS Visual C++/Java/Windows 7.
- Developed and maintained scripts for task automation, system monitoring, statistics gathering and analysis. Technology: Perl/ksh/Linux .
- Analyzed system performance data such as error logs, system logs, bandwidth utilization reports and other diagnostic and fault isolation tools to identify issues, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Identified and resolved system-wide issues on market data servers (Linux) and data delivery networks (LAN and WAN) notifying internal business units and external clients of the issues or failures in a timely manner, engaging telco providers (Verizon, AT&T, Century Link) and vendors (IBM) when necessary.
- Performed scheduled application software upgrades as well as OS upgrades and patch installations.
- Maintained software package deployment mechanism to enhance functionality, to apply software updates, latest bug fixes and security patches .
- Worked with application teams to benchmark performance and interacted with hardware and operating system vendors (Red Hat, Oracle, Dell) to identify fine-tuning opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Reported design, reliability and application issues to software engineering teams.
- Utilized monitoring tools to monitor system, application and network behavior and performance.
- Provided 2nd level remote support by communicating with clients over phone/email to solve their application and server/network connectivity problems.
- Prepared detailed technical support documentation and instructional procedures on different tasks related to day-to-day operations of the support analysts.
- Conducted classes for new hires and senior stuff on the changes to software and hardware support procedures.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Oversaw and participated in all stages of the software development. Lead projects through all phases of the project management life cycle.
- Developed project plans and scope documents, managed resources, timelines, risks, quality and change control. Communicated project progress to key stakeholders on a regular basis, escalated issues and risks whenever necessary, provided project documentation. Accountable for reviewing of project deliverables and ensuring adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Identified and managed project issues and coordinated work across several groups in the New York, Princeton, San Francisco and London offices ensuring smooth workflow and timely delivery of sub-projects/tasks.
- Closely collaborated with business to discuss, analyze and write business and functional requirements. Held regular status meetings with project team and stakeholders.
- Provided online and offline application support for the Trading Systems according to a service-level agreement (SLA). Served as an escalation point of contact for any client technical issues (24x7). Identified cause of productions problems, participated in post-mortem meetings, suggested methods for improvement.
- Integrated in-house Compliance System into newly developed application.
Senior Software Developer
- Worked on a project requested by a client to enhance existing functionality for a Trade Blotter System by adding more sort choices and capabilities. Successful release resulted in the client purchasing 130 additional Bloomberg terminals, bringing in about $260,000 in monthly revenue. Technology: C/UNIX.
- Increased efficiency and speed of existing applications by analyzing the code and eliminating unnecessary database hits, modularizing the code and incorporating existing APIs to remove repetitions and making the code more concise and easier to support.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained Financial Applications to keep track of trades placed via different in-house execution systems. Provided application support for numerous front-end and back-end Trading Systems applications used by clients on Bloomberg terminal. Technology: C/Perl/ksh/UNIX.
- Supervised novice programmers.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained a Prospect application to keep track of potential customers. The new application increased productivity of the sales force by enabling them to process customer records more efficiently. The project involved:
- Requirement gathering, design, implementing, testing, as well as constant communication with the customers for whom the application was intended.
- Designing the GUI part of Prospect application using in-house GUI developmental tool that allowed data entry, paging, menu selection, etc.
- Writing front-end code using C and Fortran technologies to support editing, adding, deleting and searching functionality; data stored in relational (Progress) and non-relational databases.
- Writing back-end code using C and Fortran technologies to initialize databases.
- Worked on identifying, correcting and testing of Y2K-sensitive code.
- Database design (in-house non-relational DBMS).
- Maintained, enhanced and provided application support of various online and off-line/back-end programs for several internal departments including Sales, Installs, Internal Systems and HR departments. Technology: C/Fortran/UNIX.
- The position entailed working on multiple projects concurrently, working independently as well as in a multi-faceted team.