- A customer focused leading IT Service Management, Financial Services and Project Management professional with 10 + Years of overall experience with proven track record of delivering mid - size to large mission critical projects on schedule and under budget.
- Industry best practices and processes enthusiast with emphasis on PMP, ITIL/ISO 9000/CMMI, CISA guidelines for releases in SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality IT products with excellent skills in managing multiple projects and mentoring one or more project teams (on shore and off shore project team).
- SME for Project planning, Execution and Risk management, SDLC, Agile, Release/Change/Incident management, IS Audit & business processes re-engineering.
- Mathematician, engineer, design enthusiast, recognized employee and award winning student.
Release Management Technical Analysis
Project Management Internal Audit
Risk Management Business Administration
Financial Analysis Channel Partner MGT
Confidential Jacksonville, FL
Project Manager / Release Manager / Production Services Lead
- Systematically creating Release Implementation Plans (iPlans), identifying impacted areas, establishing a review schedule, scheduling meetings, publishing draft iPlans, preparing iPlans for review, hosting iPlan reviews, documenting tasks, discussing dependencies and finally coordinating release events where all tasks are executed as outlined in the plan. Conducting post implementation reviews to in corporate lesson learnt from one change to next change, significantly reducing number of failed changes
- Reviewing changes and ensuring all requestor data is accurate and documenting evidence of pre implementation testing, Install/Backout plans and providing risk assessment.
- Requesting Changes on Sharepoint, documenting Changes using Remedy Tool, handling lead time requirements for Normal, Standard, Emergency and Latent changes, relating CI's, assigning urgency/impact, categorizing and classifying, relating incident/problem records.
- Managing agenda and reviewing changes in daily Air Control Control (ATC) meetings, maintaining dashboard, representing changes in daily Technical Review Board (TRB) meetings, communicating daily approved changes to stakeholders.
- Maintaining quality by insisting that each proposed change be reviewed first, automatically eliminating changes that would have failed without review.
- End to end responsibility of managing everyday activities in Dark POD (production not taking live traffic) for Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Authentication Hub, retrofitting changes from Light POD (production taking live traffic) to Dark POD after every Release to ensure both PODs are in sync with each other and Dark POD is ready to receive new Release code and 'swing' to Light POD.
- Maintain release implementation process consistency by structuring each change record same way and creating uniform release implementation plans for all portfolios through a controlled end to end process approach.
- Running impact simulation and updating CI relationships/verifying impacted areas. Scheduling the change and works around collisions. Provide Business justification for changes that hit change con or do not meet lead time. Ensure process and procedures are followed in order to maintain consistency of production environment, facilitate communication before change adversely impact the environment.
- Applying technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors.
- Driving and participating in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies.
- Working closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and ensure test plans and scripts serve customer needs. Managing project budgets and projects limited in scope to LOB products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications.
- Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation.
- Planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion.
- Developing and socializing potential risk mitigation strategies.
- Effectively communicating with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support needed.
- Closing changes and assisting with post implementation reviews when required, entering start/end for latent/post-facto changes plus documentation of approval.
Confidential, Fremont/Charlotte, CA
Business Analyst / Release Manager
- Defining & documenting Product Release Criteria & ensuring adherence to defined standards. Participate in Release Readiness Review status meetings (Go/No-go Process), Presenting Project's Weekly status to Upper Management during Weekly Status Meetings.
- Coordinating Release effort with other teams, Product Managers, Release Managers / Development Managers / QA Managers / Documentation Managers & Support Teams in multi site environment. Provide estimates for Release budgeting, Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the Release milestones.
- Creating and maintaining Release plan, Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Definition, collection, analysis, documentation & presentation of Release Metrics on weekly basis & suggesting & implementing process improvements. Monitoring, tracking, coordinating & managing Customer/Internal 'Issues' & 'Escalation'.
- Overseeing the continuous build, continuous integration & continuous testing environment & monitoring the status of DRTs (Developer Regression Tests), Nightly Builds & BVTs (Build Verification Tests) & Staging tests; running on Cruise Control Mechanism (Unit, Integration & System Level Tests). Ensuring that the Release remains on schedule at all times.
- Implementing Corrective-actions in case of deviation from the Release plan, and Leading the Integration & need based Patch Release efforts.
- Identifying the cause of test failures & allocating resources for fixing the problem.
- Defining documenting, negotiating and maintaining Product/Application Release Roadmap.
- Responsible for all aspects of regular (planned) and emergency patch releases.
- Responsible for getting Senior Management & Business Approval on changes going into Production. Creating & conducting walkthroughs of ‘Deployment Plans' for complex large scale Releases including Mock Deployments in Pre-Prod environments & Production Installations.
- Plan & oversee the creation of new environments as per the Project's needs & work with the Infrastructure team to plan the Maintenance Activities.
- Identifying Cross function dependencies & tracking them to ensure project stays on schedule.
- Representing “Release Management” in daily “Defect Triage” meetings.
- Defining, documenting, improving “End to End” Release processes from the time a defect / new requirement is created to its successful implementation in Production Environment.
- Managing operational Projects and Experienced in Business value driven development and progressive risk management by using agile.
- Extensive experience in development and delivery of workshops on Agile, iterative process, Test Driven Development, Scrum, etc…
- Taking ownership and delivering a smooth transition for projects from conventional model to Agile in the Release to Production Pipeline and Services domain.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Performed post validation scripts to ensure that all environments are stable after deployment Troubleshooting issues related to the deployment and resolving them with the help of dev team. Maintaining release documentations and getting involved in developing strategies, processes, and Guidelines to achieve CMMI level 3 rating in a corporate wide initiative.
- Work as a Project Manager for small below the line projects using Agile SDM to manage the projects from Development to Release
- Performed Mock cutovers in UAT/Pre-Prod in preparation for Actual release. Making sure the Service Continuity Plans and Business continuity Plans are up to date and fully functional by conducting drill tests. Taking the ownership of CMDB, Release Branch and making sure all the versions of the Releases are in place for further use.
- Gathering all stakeholder approvals before a release implementation and addressing stakeholder conflicts by assisting Project Manager in Release to Production Pipeline.
- Managing the task of establishing consistency of Release/Controlled Environments.
- Approaching Change Control Board (CCB) for approval to push Change Requests to Production with all the necessary documentation.
- Channel Partner Management (CPM), TBEM Audits, ISO/TS quality audits, MIPF Audits, Full Time Strategically identifying, interviewing and finalizing new CPs and Managing technical aspects such as Civil construction, following up for operational activities and providing field support.
- Business excellence audits: 'Tata Business Excellence Model' based on Malcolm Baldrige quality award MIPF (manpower, infrastructure, process and finance) audits at 55 CP locations all around North India region.
- Conducting ISO/TS quality audits at CP locations, warehouses and area offices.
- Promoting new ‘Powertrac' brand of tractors in northern India for the company
- Planning and Designing Local Advertisements • Establishing new channel partners
- Maintaining public relations
- Operating ‘Escorts Dealer Management System (EDMS)' (The volume generated from the brand helped the company to gain second biggest tractor Manufacturer position in India from an earlier position of numbers four in just 11 months).