- Over 5 years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository &; Environment management.
- Strong believer of DevOps Methodologies and working towards a core DevOps engineer who can bring an end to end work flow of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment process for an organization.
- Experience in writing chef cookbooks and recipes to automate middleware installations, domain creations and deployment activities.
- Wrote chef cookbooks using the several of its components like attributes, files, recipes, resources and templates.
- Knowledge and expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like chef server, workstations, Nodes, chef clients and various components like ohai, push jobs, super market etc.
- Extensive knowledge on other AWS services like: ECS, Lambda, CloudFormation, SQS, SWF, API Gateway, RedShift, Kinesis, EMR.
- Automate the infrastructure using Terraform in AWS console.
- Worked on with two different teams where they moved there infrastructure to AWS Console using build infrastructure called Terraform.
- Experience in automating the infrastructure using chef and knowledge on Ansible
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Experience in data migration (using tools like DTS, BULK INSERT, BCP and Replication) between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems and SQL Server.
- Created AWS instances and deployed applications and delivered for QA teams to initiate performance testing.
- Worked in managing VMs in Amazon using EC2
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS.
- Provisioning EC2 instances and have knowledge on all resource areas of EC2 like Instances, Dedicated hosts, volumes, Key pairs, Snapshots, Load Balancers and Security Groups.
- Experience with DevOps tools e.g. Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Sumologic, TFS, Release Management, Octopus Deploy, Powershell.
- Good experience in automated deployment tool Nolio.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all of the PostgreSQL databases. Monitoring databases to optimize database performance and diagnosing any issues.
- Installing and monitoring PostgreSQL database using the standard monitoring tools like Nagios etc.
- Designed and developed a highly available, fault tolerant, cloud native microservices based distributed system for processing the provisioned devices data and other back office updates following the 12 factor app principles using Spring Cloud on Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience creating Projects, Branches Tags and Repositories in BitBucket to host source code developed by Development Team as well as configuration files and Scripts maintained by Configuration Management Team.
- Analyzed Relational Database Microsoft Access and imported database into Visual Studios
- Knowledge on Vagrant &,Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environments delivery for releases.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Knowledge on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience with LAMP setup on RHEL with configuration management tools like Chef.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef
- Branching/Labelling/Merging and other SCM work on various Centralized (SVN, Perforce) and Distributed VCS.
- Experience migrating SVN repositories to GIT
- Worked in Git implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Implemented and supported CI process via Jenkins and Bamboo for several java applications including setting up pipeline jobs and downstream job configurations in Jenkins.
- Vast knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Experience in setting up Released based CI jobs based on branches, and environment specific job configurations.
- Maintained continuous build automation implemented with Maven and Ant run within Hudson/Jenkins.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls for new applications and improvising the existing build scripts on need basis.
- Wrote recipes and cookbooks to install and configure node.js on several servers.
Configuration Management: Chef,Puppet,Ansible,Kubernetes and Docker
Test and Build Systems: Jenkins, Ant, Maven
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, OpenStack,Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x,6.x, SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows NT/2003/XP/2000.
Hardware: Sun Ultra Enterprise Servers (E3500, E4500, E450, E420R, E250), Sun Workstations (Ultra 5, 10,20,Blade 100,150,2000)SunstorEDGEA1000 and D1000, HP 9000 series, IBM RS/6000, p Series, x Series. Dell R710, R720, R510 and R910, IBM Blade Servers
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
Software and Tools: VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/4.x,WinSCP, FTP, SSL, VERITAS Cluster Services, Cisco CNR, Send mail.
Backup Management: VERITAS Netback up 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solstice Disk Suite, tar, dd, cpio
Tape Hardware: Storage tape libraries L40, L80, L180, L700, SL500, SL8500, DAT & DLT, STK 9940B, 9840B, LTOs.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, Web logic, Webspereiplanet and JBoss
Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Used CloudTrail, TESSA, CloudPassage, CheckMarx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins and maven as build framework tools
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef - Solo environment
- Experience in working with Python,Continous Integartion, Teraform,AZURE,AWS, data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Converted production support scripts to chef recipes,Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec.
- Source code management is performed using Bitbucket from master repository and created Images using Docker.
- Configured 'nginx' for proxying and created REST API's for calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Automated the release pipeline to achieve zero touch deployments using RTC, Jenkins, SVN, Maven, Nolio.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Bitbucket and AWS AMI's.
- Deployed Netflix Eureka for the purpose of locating the fail-over services inside the AWS cloud.
- Set up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Created deployment workflows in Nolio which includes prerelease, release and Post release steps.
- Processed large chunks of unstructured data using Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and worked extensively with the EMR cluster. Automated Regular AWS tasks like snapshots creation using python scripts.
- Good knowledge of virtualization and container technology like Docker/Kubernetes.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment.
- Installed the Ear, War files using XL deploy & XL release and Integrated Jenkins with XL deploy & XLrelease
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Chef
- Using Terraform, provision and configure a high-available RabbitMQ cluster in each region.
- Setup SNS, SQS and S3 bucket in each specified region using Terraform. Setup the S3 bucket to notify the SQS queue we created in each region when files are added.Ensure the IAM profile has access to both the buckets available in each region(read/write).
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MSSQL, SonarQube, Nexus.
- Worked on installation and configuration of DHCP, Apache, IIS and file servers on AIX and Linux servers and developed REST and SOAP web services using XML
- Defined Release Process and Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Created cloud service using Azure.
- Managed Virtual machines and websites using Azure monitoring Tools Azure CLI.
- Designed and implemented new procedures for infrastructure migration using Puppet.
- Writing/Modifying various Manifests and applying them on the nodes using Puppet.
- Puppet Manifests to provision complex multi-node applications composed of Python, Node,
- Apache, Nginx Passenger, Unicorn, Elastic Search, Hadoop, and MySQL.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Anthill Pro.
- Designed and developed the application using Angular 2 framework along with HTML5, CSS3, Type Script, Java Script, Bootstrap, React js, Node.js, NPM, Jquery, Mongo DB.
- Report automation for recurring data requests, used Visual Studio and provided report access to requestors through Azure cloud services.
- Have very good exposure and experience on web development experience using tools and automation testing using Jest,Enzyme.
- Good exposure to in cloud formation script template using Chef, Teraform.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Used Node JS to run Web pack tasks and build properly the project.f
- Implemented modules into Node JS to integrate with designs and requirements.
- Coordinated with Different Project teams on Build &release planning and efforts.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Used Ansible Tower for scheduling playbooks and used GIT repository to store our playbooks.
- Migrated the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Troubleshoot various production related outages.
- Generated Perl and UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the ansible clients.
- Used XL Release Orchestration tools for continuous integration and management of several tasks in deployment process.
- Deployment of sites and applications to multiple hosting environments using TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, & Azure.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Managed the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Worked with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Eclipse, SQL, AWS, Python,Teraform, Subversion, EMR, Red Hat Linux, Anthill Pro, Team City, Azure, JAVA, Bash, Hudson, Node js, XL Release, NT Command Shell, Nolio, Java/J2EE, ANT, Jest, React JS, Bamboo, Java Script, Bitbucket, Chef, Puppet, Eureka, JIRA, XML, Jenkins.
Confidential, Wayne, PA
Devops / Build & Release Engineer
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red HatLinux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Used Ansible playbooks, inventory, dynamic inventory and automated Existing cloud environment.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins and maven as build framework.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Analysis, knowledge gathering and implementation of Ribbon, Eureka.
- Create continuous integration/deployment with Application Release Automation (Nolio / Urban Code) by integrating and improving client's existing infrastructure and build pipelines, largely aiming for autonomous automation when possible.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, LAMBDA, DynamoDB, Route53, EBS, EMR, AWS Aurora, Redshift, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling groups.
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes and managing Kubernetes/Docker-based deployment.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Wrote Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Configured the XL Deploy and XL Release for all the applications from scratch, once the build package is available, then promoted with simple enable options to deploy in the targeted servers.
- Integrated Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Improve efficiency by 40-50% through Data Analytics features in Hadoop, Python, REST API and DevOps setup for CI/CD pipeline
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MSSQL, SonarQube, Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on Linux platforms.
- Worked on JSP, HTML, Java Script and CSS for content layout and presentation.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for Java projects using ANT.
- Extensively worked on writing Jest test cases for testing the business components developed in Spring and Java
- Maintained source code repository in subversion, GIT and TFS.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jetbrains, Team City, full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Used Puppet and SALT for Configuration Management tool .
- Developed scripts using BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Maintained the Shell and Python scripts for the automation purposes.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using SVN and Git Tools.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops Works stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Defined Release Process and Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Performed Deployment of Release to various QA and UAT in Linux environments.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autos calling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Experimented with Docker, by using Docker-compose.
- Responsible in implementing end to end automation using XL release and XL deploy tools for Test and Production pipelines.
- Used Cloud Foundry and Open Shift to build, run and deploy various codes using tools like Docker, BOSH and to create an agile platform for cloud native applications and software.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Worked on REST APIs to get data and use Splunk for reporting. Used REST APIs to integrate with local production software
- Create and maintain thousands of virtual machines, including build pack deploys on Cloud Foundry, using BOSH CLI and expert level Unix skills.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for web Application servers
- Assisted in developing an Inventory management using Cassandra and producing various reports.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python and Shell script.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: GIT, Java/J2EE, Docker, Nexus, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, Eureka, MAVEN, NEXUS, Cloud Foundry, uDeploy, JIRA, LINUX, SPLUNK, XML, Ruby, EMR, Web logic, Jest, Cassandra, XL Release, Python, ANT, SVN Subversion, Nolio, React JS, NAGIOS, Node js, Java script, Shell, BASH Scripts, Shell scripts.
- Installation Red hat Linux Enterprise Server 5/6 on Dell and HPx86 HW
- Installed and configured Solaris 10/11 on Sun T and M Series servers Mirrored root disks on all the servers by using ZFS & VxVm.
- Installation of Web logic, upgraded to service pack updates, installed BEA patches, configuring and creation new domain & services starting & stopping.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Restore procedures using Ufsdump, Ufsrestor, Tar" and "Cpio".
- Installed and configured the Red Hat Linux 5.1 on HP-Dl585 servers using Kick Start.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
- Configured the NIS, NIS+ and DNS on Red Hat Linux 5.1 and update NIS maps and Organize the RHN Satellite Servers in combination with RHN Proxy Server.
- Installed and configured the RPM packages using the YUM Software manager
- Configured logical volumes using logical volume manager (LVM) and also configured mirroring
- Production support of Apache, PHP, My SQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Defining and Develop plan for Change, Problem & Incident management Process based on ITIL.
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED and Awk.
- Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH, rlogin.
- Security auditing using Korn programming. Shell Programming for day to day system administration.
- Deploying Veritas Clusters and Oracle test databases to implement disaster recovery strategies, ensuring uninterrupted availability of the global systems
- Experience in BIOS UPGRADE and OS installations and configurations and maintenance
- Worked on JBoss clustering, set up new configurations for JDBC providers, DataSources, connection pools, Connection factory settings, Virtual hosts etc.
- Installed and configured JMX-based services on JBOSS
- Configured JNDI and JMS on JBOSS.
- NIS, NFS, AUTOFS, NTP Configuration and Administration
- Define Mapping Servlets, Filters, and Session Configuration on JBOSS.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Installation and monitoring of Veritas Volume Manager, VeritasNetBackup and Veritas Cluster Server on SAN Environment.
- Worked on the administration of the JBoss 4.2.2 servers including installation and deployments
- Extensive experience in Security Patching coordinating with storage team and networking teams
Environment: REDHAT LINUX 4.x,5.x,6.x, SUN fire T2000, T4k, M 5000, JBOSS AS 4.x, and Veritas volume manager5.x, Veritas Net backup 6.5, Web logic 10.x., Oracle 10G/ 11i/RAC, HP 9000 Superdome SX1000, Volume Manager, VMWare ESX SERVER,, Shell scripting, SAN/Mc Data Switches, puppet, Brocade Switches, RED hat satellite server