- Twenty (20+) years’ experience in Software Engineering, Technology, Project and Product Development. Provide coaching, Agile material development, and formal . Last 9 years have been devoted to Agile adoption and transformations. Results driven with a solid understanding of the challenges associated with globally distributed teams. Successfully lead large strategic projects/programs (18+) for Confidential 500 organizations at USA, India and France
- Offered industry best practices and processes. Partnered with leadership to initiate Agile Suitability/Readiness assessment to make sure that agile is a good fit. Worked with leadership team to determine plan and coaching need for Agile transformation
- Provided the team with necessary advice when it’s needed.
- Followed the agile and lean rules himself during daily work.
- Helped team to improve their performances. Helped team to instill self - awareness, and the necessary skills to identify and remove impediments as well as be in control of their own destiny
- Completed assessments of the current state of agile implementation within the teams and provided coaching plan to address the areas of opportunity found during the assessment
- Presented Agile topics in the organization wide speaker series
- Involved in rollout of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) at 2 organizations and coaching at 4 different clients (6+ years)
- Leading and mentoring teams during iterative development cycles while delivering committed results
- Facilitated and educated the teams to enhance Scrum and agile skills. Conducted Agile virtual boot camp and agile overview, Leadership, Product Owner and Scrum Master .
- Coached Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Development teams in the use of Agile practices
- Guide teams in setting up development environments that enable test-driven development (TDD), automated builds and automated acceptance testing
- Developed Executive-level briefings on Agile activities and presented to Senior Leadership in Agile Transformation reviews
- Focused on the teams to write good user stories, prioritize the work based on business value and handling of the tasks by the team. Conducted user stories writing workshop for the BAs and product owners to share, learn and develop user story writing skills. Worked with the product owners and teams on product planning and backlog refinement to maximize value to the business stakeholders
- Drive “Scrum of Scrum” adoption (primarily Program and Team-level) at Energy management and Automation client (~ 28 months)
- Led activities to implement Cognizant Daikibo(TM) Scaled Agile Framework at Media and Entertainment client (~ 15 months)
- Launched and contributed to Release Train Engineer Communities of Practice (RTE CoP), Scrum Master Communities of Practice (SM CoP) and Product Owner Communities of Practice (PO CoP) since last 7+ years
- Broad spectrum of business and technical experience: Track record of delivering programs in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Consumer & Retail, Publication & Media and Manufacturing domain using Java/J2EE internet technologies, Microsoft Technology, C/C++, embedded technologies, Oracle and Open Source technologies.
- Extensive experience in Project / Program and Product management, Business Analysis and Customer Relationship Management, Release Train Engineer (RTE) & Agile Coach
Architecture / Design: Rational Rose, Visio
Middleware: C, C- SDK, C++, VC++, .NET, VB.NET, COM/DCOM, Hibernate, EJB, ILog-JRules
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Toad client, Teradata, Data Warehouse, Mongo DB
CMS/Search Engine: Interwoven, Documentum, Autonomy
Development/Test Methodologies: Agile | Lean Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe, TDD, Waterfall, RAD, Iterative, CMM Level 5 & CMMI
QA/QC: Load runner, Quick Test Pro, Bugzilla, Test Track Pro, Quality Center, Selenium
Configuration Management System: VSS, Rational Clear case, PVCS, Subversion, GitHub
Project Management: MS Office, MS Project Server, PIV, Presag, Confluence
Tools: for Agile: MS Excel, Version one, Rally, IBM RTC, JIRA, Scrumwise, AgileCraft
Others: WebLogic, Websphere, Liferay, Epicentric, Interwoven, Autonomy, Documentum, Junit, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Ant, Tableau, Erwin, Embarcadaro, SAS, Ansible
Sr. Principle Release Train Engineer (RTE) & Agile Coach
- Establish and communicate the calendars for iterations and program increments (PIs)
- Organize the program increment planning event which includes extensive detailed preparation regarding organizational readiness, content readiness and facility readiness
- Facilitate the PI Planning event, including acting as master of ceremonies, managing the time-boxed agenda, coordinating key reviews and decisions, and ensuring results of planning are recorded
- Facilitate other meetings including the Agile Release Train (ART) Sync, Scrum of Scrums, System Demos and Inspect and Adapt
- Work directly in JIRA, AgileCraft and Confluence to manage and track the PI
- Escalate, track and work towards the resolution of impediments
- Help identify and manage risks and dependencies with teams inside and outside of the train
- Maintain transparency regarding program execution including delivery of features, impact of impediments, and quality measures
- Work with product management, product owners and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Drive program-level continuous improvement by tracking and presenting metrics, facilitating retrospectives and assessments, and identifying and tracking specific actions to take based on their results
- Led RTE Community of Practice and encourage people in other roles in the train to establish their own CoP or participate in existing ones
- Encourage and coach members of the ART in SAFe and lean-agile practices and mindsets, including roles, processes, and agile engineering and quality practices
- Define, communicate, and implement ART best practices
- Act as trainer and coach to other RTEs/Scrum Masters and the organization on Lean Agile Practices
Enterprise Agile Transformation Coach - Vice President
- Coaching, encouraging, and mentoring organizations to inspire transformational change
- Act as a change agent within the Lean-Agile transformation, coach leaders, product owners, teams and scrum masters with new processes.
- Supported and guided teams to create clear and compelling product visions, then work to assist in delivering their sprint goals.
- Created Agile materials that educate, delight, and inspire audiences. Train new and experienced teams. Encourage teams to experiment & embrace change.
- Conducted team and organization assessments on Agile processes & programs. Offer recommendations, along with comprehensive, as needed
- Introduced engineering practices, e.g. ATDD, TDD, CI/CD, Automated Testing, etc.
- Responsible for establishing and contributing to Agile community of practice
- Involved in organization wide agile tools assessment and selection
- Provided strategic transformation and coaching “C” level executives
- Applied hands-on approach where necessary, by performing a Scrum Master role
- Helped the program in the dependency management and coordination of major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers
Release Train Engineer & Agile Coach
- Involved in various initiatives like Earned Value Management, Virtual Audit Process, Function Point Estimation, CMMI assessment, Auditors & identify continuous opportunity for improvement
- Agile Coaching - Release & Iteration/Sprint Planning and Tracking. Conducted on scrum, facilitated the daily standup, sprint review and sprint retrospective
- Supported projects by implementing Agile Life Cycle Management tools - “Rally” and “JIRA” to manage backlog and helped to generate and analyze business metrics to be reported
- Facilitated the PI planning event, System Demo & PI Retrospective
- Worked with Operation, Technology, Product Management and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Experience working with Change Management. Demonstrated the comprehension of a lean-agile mindset and practices
- Led the Agile Readiness Assessments & Maturity assessments in the organizations to assess the current state of agility and come up with recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Identifying business opportunities, selling company services to the client where required and influencing the client to give additional business based on demonstrated capability and past performance
- Ensured lessons learned/retrospective action items are captured in improvement backlog and best practices are documented, maintained and implemented to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Drive revenues within the assign account
- Managed Agile Transformation from Waterfall to Agile for more than 50 members’ team and also actively involved in defining processes and rollout scale agile methodologies at enterprise level
- Designed Agile Transformation Strategy model
- Designed Agile Boot Camp Material
- Defined and created Agile Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated Agile Metrics & their usage
- Implemented Scrum & XP practices for development and Kanban for maintenance projects
- Instrumental in effective team building by coaching on the art of writing user stories, release planning using team velocity, planning & sizing techniques
- Involved in agile tools analysis & streamlining activities to improve predictability and quality
- Client delivery assurance - Assuring the client of the commitment and driving the delivery process by working collaboratively with the various delivery and horizontal service line managers and CoE (Center of Excellence) teams
- Conducted monthly presentation and reviews of the projects to senior management and client stakeholders; escalated variances and concerns to senior leadership along with recommendation
- Developed & tracked full scale project plans
- Managed multiple clients (3) & projects (4) concurrently
- On-boarded different applications & involved in knowledge transfer activities
- Coordinated & manage user acceptance test & project signoff
- Led MS project server & Quality Management System deployment & roll out
- Managed Cost Analysis, Budget & Timesheet reporting
- Guidance to team for design, development & QA activities
- Worked with HR to hire top talent that have taken on leadership accountabilities within the organization
- Responsible for 3rd party Vendor Management
- Business Development
- Change Management: Part of change control board of the project to ensure that only the approved changes/enhancements are made to the project.
- Proactively communicated and collaborated with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements, as needed.
- Executed many key projects/programs executed as a Waterfall Project Manager, Program Manager, Agile Project Manager, Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Consultant using J2EE & Open Source technology.
Technical Lead, System Analyst, and Software Developer
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing activities
- Responsible for Requirement analysis & gathering, Code & design review
- Executed many projects implemented using C, C++, C-SDK & Microsoft Technology