- Over 20+ years in Information Technology, in areas of Project management, product management, Strategic planning, Enterprise architecture, Application Security, operations and handling geographically scattered teams in Banking, Insurance and Media industries.
- Bachelor of Technology degree and Master of Technology Degree in Computer Science, MBA in Finance.
- Technology leader at Confidential overseeing development of B2B and B2C web sites, web services, mobile apps and mobile store fronts, stand - alone applications using Java/J2EE technologies, .Net technologies and mainframe and migration to cloud.
- Lead local/onshore/offshore teams, lead direct reports and cross-functional teams, lead teams with contractors, managed vendors for software services.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM), with 15+ years of experience leading SDLC/waterfall projects and with 7+ years of experience leading Agile teams.
- Expert in leading projects through all phases starting from initiation to post-implementation reviews, closures, adept at meeting client expectations by delivering projects on time, budget and with promised functionality, enforced compliance of various security and data standards, managed software capitalization and R&D credits for projects.
- Presented project updates to CIO and executive VPs, and business stakeholders, provided updates on project server as well as dashboard.
- Well-versed at playing different roles starting from hands-on development using different technologies and frameworks, solution architecture, gathering requirements and presenting to clients, leading development, different phases of testing and reviews, maintaining knowledge documents, mentoring teams, acting as a release manager and managing multiple simultaneous projects under company initiatives.
- Involved in SOA transformation of Enterprise, mobile development at Confidential .
- Worked as a project manager for KBC bank, leading Java development and support teams, managing total of 25 resources. Incorporated new features into the Enterprise, participated in monthly releases, presented to top management regarding status of projects.
- Has developed web sites on Microsoft Azure platform.
- Product development in Java, DynamoDB, AWS, planning and implementing work flows, creating reports.
Technology Leader/Project Manager
- Was involved in coming up with projects to develop new capabilities to attract clients, managed projects to fulfill contractual requirements for new clients, managed projects in Agile and SDLC waterfall methodologies.
- Managed web service to enable fulfillment as a Service (FAAS), managed team resolving requests according priority, resolved issues hands on, tracked issues in JIRA, maintained web service to calculate sales tax using Java, J2EE, HTML, CSS, JSP, Java Script, JSON, XML, REST, WebSphere, RTC.
- Managed critical projects on the dashboard of CIO, provided status updates to executive management weekly.
- As a PM/Scrum Master, responded to multiple requests from customers, helped prepare user stories, conducted sprint planning sessions, daily scrum meetings, and product demos for a team of eight onshore/offshore people, deployed solutions using technologies - C#, ASP.Net, AWS, IIS, SQL Server, WebLogic, Java, Oracle, HTML, JSON, CSS, and XML, Git.
- Managed Infrastructure upgrade projects related to SQL server, Oracle, Windows server upgrades, implemented MFA on source repositories, moved applications to cloud.
- Developed web sites using C#, Razor, Visual Studio, wrote stored procedures in PL/SQL, lead reporting project through SSRS using Oracle and SQL server as data sources.
- Reviewed applications for security and architectural standards compliance.
- Managed support and maintenance team responding to issues and resolving them within SLAs using ServiceDesk, ServiceNow.
- Worked on projects related to customer service portal using Java, J2EE, HTML, CSS, JSP, Java Script, JSON, XML, WebSphere.
- As a PM/Scrum Master with mobile initiatives team, integrated customer data from different apps on different platforms like Google, Apple and Amazon with the Enterprise Data warehouse, provided authentication and authorization web services for customers in the apps to allow content to be served, helped create responses to different streams of customers in Salesforce CRM, helped report conversion of free customers into paid customers. Was recognized and honored by top management for this project. Technologies used were Java, J2EE, HTML, CSS, JSP, Java Script, JSON, XML, REST, WebSphere, Salesforce.
- As a program manager, managed strategic initiatives of company related to Sales tax and Clubs business through multiple projects and acted as single point of contact for the clients.
- As part of PMO, lead initiatives for process improvement and project monitoring and control, participated in roll out of CMMi.
- Lead projects on customer transactions, order processing, billing, financial reporting.
- Lead projects on credit card processing, PCI compliance, encryption, tokenization and cash settlement processing.
- Lead projects on detecting fraudulent transactions, minimizing loss for the organization.
- Provided product roadmaps based on market trends, competitor analysis, technology changes, provided strategic inputs to take advantage of technology trends to minimize costs, and initiated projects to automate processes to cut costs.
- Overseen all IT projects and operations at one of the offices with overall responsibility for Enterprise applications, servers and databases, security of wireless network and LAN.
- Participated in PCI-DSS, SOX, SOC1 audits, involved in hardening of servers against attacks, shadowed Chief Security officer, developed financial controls to support SOX, participated in design and development of in-house Identity and Access Management tool, prepared quarterly reports to help SOX audits, Responsible for SOC1 certification compliance by ensuring proper controls are in place throughout execution of projects, and enforcing separation of roles during all project phases - initiation, coding, testing, and implementation.
- Managed people and resources at onshore and offshore, monitored software capitalization and provided inputs for R&D tax credits, provided ROI justification to projects, initiated infrastructure projects for the Enterprise to take advantage of new technology, projected application/data growth for servers and storage as part of annual budgeting process, managed vendor contracts and integrated external vendor products with Enterprise system.
- As a release manager, prepared schedule of product releases, tracked project issues through JIRA and made sure all issues reported by testing team are closed by development team successfully, lead teams in integrating different source changes of multiple projects, integration testing, running of automated test scripts, regression tests and user acceptance testing (UAT) and made sure deliverables correspond to what is promised in user stories, monitored source code commits into different repositories and approved source code commits, verified deployment of object libraries at different web server instances, notified every one of the release summary and what has been installed in production, tracked post-implementation issues and provided causal analysis reports, closed out projects.
- Lead projects at Global Technology Services division of Confidential, with annual revenues of division exceeding $1.5 Billion annually.
- Lead project teams of varying sizes in functional matrix environment, with total annual project budgets varying around $2 million - $5 million and projects spanning multiple years.
- Received multiple awards for projects done collaboratively with other functional departments.
Enterprise Architect/Business Analyst
- Admin for web portal and maintained the portal for software, security updates, worked on projects to add new features to the portal using technologies Java, JSP, HTML, CSS, XML, DB2, MQ, WebSphere, RACF.
- Lead disaster recovery teams, identified gaps and made the process foolproof, documented process for retention of knowledge, successfully completed many disaster recovery exercises, improved recovery time by adjusting the process.
- As an SME, designed and developed ETL processes of financial data warehouse for daily reporting capabilities, integrated systems to reduce processing overhead.
- As part of Java developers group, worked on projects in the transformation of Enterprise system based on SOA using technologies Java, J2EE, JSP, XML, SOAP, MQ.
- As a technical liaison for non-IT groups, was involved in discussions, addressed questions/concerns and removed roadblocks in initiation of projects, presented proposed solutions to projects to clients to get their buy-in for projects.
- Admin for transaction processing systems, messaging systems, databases and web servers.
- Created a CRM solution to measure customer satisfaction through third party vendor and reported the results to clients and received award for this project.
- Created in-house IAM product to give centralized view of access rights of all global employees and consultants of Confidential across all systems.
- Managed two teams, one for development and other for support during merger of two banks with total of 25 resources reporting and two network admins reporting in dotted fashion.
- Managed ongoing projects on one bank platform, while merging into this platform, products and features from the other bank platform.
- Provided functional mapping of the system by analysis of existing processes and code.
- Lead projects on syndicated loans, commercial loans, mortgage processing, mortgage backed securities, and risk assessment using technologies Java, J2EE, HTML, Changeman, DB2, COBOL.
- Managed support issues of different priorities while adhering to SLAs.
- Managed work allocations on daily basis, and project monitoring.
- Presented project milestones and profitability to top management periodically.
- Budgeted resources and servers for projects.
- Responsible for external security of servers with financial data.
- Collected metrics on projects.
- Interviewed and hired team members, conducted training sessions.
- Evaluated team member performance and wrote annual appraisals.
- Responsible for network performance.
- Managed support team on 24x7 basis.
- Participated in Enterprise releases, with timely delivery of projects.
- Prepared bids for projects, responded to RFPs.
- Consulting work for various applications.
- Consulting work on different applications.
- Coding, and testing of different projects.
- Project Management, Strategic planning, Scrum Master, RPA, MS Project, C#/C++/C, ASP.net, Power Shell, SAML, SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, MySQL, Oracle, Peoplesoft, AWS, Azure, SharePoint, Windows Server, Power Shell, Java, WebSphere, WebLogic, IIS, JSP, MV* frameworks, Spring, REST, SOAP, Java Script, JSON, XML, CSS, Angular JS, HTML, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Assembler, COBOL, DB2, JCL, REXX, MQ Series, JIRA, Git, Subversion, Joomla.