- I am currently a consultant working for Confidential Advisory services focusing on State and Local government clients.
- In this capacity I work in a very broad range of roles including management consulting analyst, project manager, solution manager and agile lead.
- I typically lead small teams on almost any type of IT engagement.
- Some of these engagements have included a year long Confidential Security audit for a large state datacenter, development lead for an Oil and Gas permitting proof of concept, business analyst and QA lead, managed services process design lead and others.
- As a product manager, I worked for a software development company providing fault management tools for the telecommunications industry worldwide.
- In this capacity I used my writing skills to produce product requirement documents, user stories, acceptance criteria and presentations.
- I used agile and project management skills to prioritize work into Agile sprints, foster team collaboration and make strategic decisions on project issues and direction. I acted as the source of knowledge about client needs and client business requirements in addition to being the final say in prioritization of tasks.
- As the product owner and evangelist I worked with clients, promoting their needs and our company products to them.
- Also, I was instrumental in the coordination between product development and Marketing, Technical Pre - Sales and R&D to establish direction.
- I have presentation skills, promoting product versions and vision to clients worldwide (roadmaps, version differences, and demos.)
- I am also an experienced software engineer having worked on high-profile projects at all tiers of application development (front-end to back-end).
- My primary technologies have been Java, .Net, Sql Server, Oracle, MySql, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, and IIS.
- The development environments have included use of Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio, and source control systems like CVS, Subversion, GIT, Mercurial, Rational Clear Case, and Visual Source Safe.
- I also have experience with build tools like Maven, Gradle, Ant, and make. Operating systems that I am familiar with are Solaris, linux, Windows, and IOS (Mac) and I am comfortable on the command line.
- Having been a software engineer is instrumental in my ability to talk, write and collaborate in efficient ways with engineers working on my projects.
- It has also been extremely beneficial in working with technologically advanced clients.
- Business Analyst for communications software requirements for Confidential
- Project Manager for a datacenter Confidential attestation assessment of 32 different service lines
- Process designer for Managed Services line of business offering
- Acquire to Retire team lead (ERP fixed assets using Oracle Cloud Fusion applications)
- Vendor selection assistance to Los Angeles County Office of Eduction for hardware support during a datacenter ERP implementation
- Lead on an Intelligent Automation and ServiceNow assessment for a major statewide ERP system
- Business Analyst and Quality Assurance lead on an ePermitting solution
- Team lead on an Oil and Gas permitting solution for a state regulatory agency
- Workday business development for State and Local solutions (attained a Workday HCM certification)
- Travel to client sites and gather new requirements, observe product use, manage expectations
- Communicate with clients concerning progress, expectations, analysis of requests and integration with other enterprise systems
- Participate in planning sessions to solve critical problems and plan new business
- Write PRD documents, use cases, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Lead virtual teams (Marketing, Sales Engineering and PLM) to accept product vision and direction
- Present product in person and via online meetings to customers world-wide (so far major telecoms in US, Canada, Venezuela, Netherlands, and India)
- Prioritize new work (stories and epics) and bugs
- Hold weekly status meetings with stakeholders in US, India, France, and other areas
Senior Software Engineer, Product Manager
- Help in developing new REST-based framework and front end based on RestEasy, persistent web-connections (with Atmosphere), and Oracle (as the database)
- Solve localization issues for clients in Finland, Japan, China and other countries
- Modify applications in Java and C++ to support any language and locale
- Created additional plugin software so that services can create trouble tickets in the Remedy Trouble Ticket system
- Solve issues using multi-byte languages with CORBA as the inter-process transport technology
- Mentor junior programmers to help the company adopt more modern Java practices
- Acted as the stand-in Product Manager when needed.
Senior Software Engineer
- Added Spring 3.0.4 to the application to facilitate making the business and data layer transactional
- Created the majority of the business layer services for the project
- Add and modify Axis 2.0 Soap services and clients
- Automate batch processes by integrating Quartz scheduler into the application
- Perform Maven builds and deploy application to testing and staging Tomcat servers
Senior Software Engineer
- Create conversion routines for translating data from one service to other services
- Wire converters into the workflow of the application using Spring 3.0 and a custom workflow API
- Advise team on strategies for translating legacy business rules into business rules applicable to the new application
- Work with business analysts to sanity test requirements to new architecture
Senior Software Engineer and Business Development J
- Create a large proposal outlining project mission statement, business proposal, architectural overview, sample GUI ideas, feature list, software development life-cycle process and proposed release schedule
- Participate in strategy sessions and had entrepreneurial input in the process
- Travel to client site to meet with various executive level stakeholders to make our proposal and bridge the gap between business and technical explanations of the proposal
- Implement Java based internal web application to enhance sales group efficiency
- Architect and create an online video training program to fit multiple business models
- Enhance an in-house Visual FoxPro inventory management and shipping application to provide shipping QA processes like serial number scanning, weight and visual validations before an order can leave the door
- Create an email system that sends emails of order information to financial stakeholders
- Other ongoing projects primarily using Java and Sql Server
Senior Software Engineer
- Act as the primary person responsible for the business analysis of the problem and act as the technical lead in creating the solution and the implementation strategies
- Create documentation to outline the plan for success (executive summary, use cases and requirements)
- Oversee other programmers’ tasks and host meetings on solution design, implementation and progress
- Architect a meta-data driven, object-oriented data layer for a large suite of Visual FoxPro applications and create .Net (C#) tools to manage the meta-data
- Refactor poorly designed programs and applications, creating .Net and VFP solutions to support the Operations Department
- Prototype and present to executive staff solutions to convert VFP backend to SQL Server - minimizing code changes but vastly expanding performance and capacity
- Write conversion programs to migrate legacy client data to new .Net solutions, primarily interfacing Sql Server SSIS packages with C# front-ends
- Consult on Sql Server-based projects for the Fox Pro programming group
- Write T-SQL stored procedures to replace API functionality that is too slow
- Write C# and FoxPro preprocessors to massage incoming data - much of this done with the Sql Server Business Intelligence Studio
- Participate in a 4 person team developing system requirements, application design, ASP.NET web pages, API components, and SQL Server stored procedures for tracking medical information that may reveal epidemics or other large-scale community health risks
- Work off and on location for the New York Health Dept. on an ASP.Net, web service driven application for tracking filters used to detect possible acts of terrorism (funded by the Department of Homeland Security)
Senior Web Software Engineer
- Established a Software Development Process for website projects and helped organize the team to use better practices for website development
- Proposed a money saving solution for their web streaming technologies, designed the solution and participated with the IT department in realizing the change
- Created and maintained the development, QA, and Visual Source Safe environments for the Web Team
- Designed and managed the server system (web server, media distribution point, encoding workstations, database server, QA and staging servers) used by the web team
- Create and maintain software solutions for any in-house needs and lead team in technical direction
- Manage internal customer relationships on specific projects
- Create Bash Shell and Perl scripts to automatically configure Tripwire files for security monitoring and “lock down” RedHat Linux systems
- Program Java servlets and associated classes to parse HTML, perform URL rewriting, transform XML with XSL style sheets, and do binary streaming
- Develop and modify Java Portlets to aid clients in consuming weather data products
Jr. Software Engineer
- Created an ASP, COM, Macromedia Flash and SQL Server application that allowed employees of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art to create interactive Kiosk and Web presentations
- Maintained and developed company intranet applications for employee time entry and corporate reporting in ASP and MS Access (as the in-house programmer)
- Maintained the in-house Visual Source Safe archives for all company projects