- Program & Project Management: Ensuring delivery of products or services with superior levels of quality, on time and within budget.
- Agile and Waterfall Methodologies: Deliver high value features reliably using Agile or Waterfall methodologies employing all phases of SDLC processes.
- PMO: Experienced in developing a Project Management Office (PMO) and setting up governance standards, templates and new processes.
- Business Strategist: Plan and manage projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom - line gains.
- Financial Management: Negotiating contract, SLA monitoring and governance for IT initiatives with consideration to the Annual IT Budget process, Capital Spending and Cost Savings effectiveness.
- Offshore Delivery Management: Implementing and managing Strategic IT roadmap with key focus on establishment of offshore development centers developing constructive & healthy Client - Partner / Vendor partnership.
Process: SCRUM, XP, Kanban, Waterfall, CMMi, TDD, ATDD, CI
Process Tools: Rally, JIRA, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Project, MS Office, Lotus Notes, CriticalChain, OnePoint, Clarity, Planview
Technology Platform & Tools: : J2EE, WSAD, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Guidewire Studio, OpenText
App Servers: WebSphere, .Net
DB: SQL, DB2, MySQL, Informix
Build: Ant/nAnt, Maven, Teamcity
Defect: JIRA, Test Director, HP ALM
Version Control: Subversion, VSS
QA: Test Cases, Test Scripts, Selenium, Test Director, QTP
Other: Spring/Hibernate, Web Services
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
Actuarial Project Manager
- As a part of Global Actuarial Management (GAM) PMO, I am managing Life Insurance programs for Cash Flow Generation, Embedded Value and International Financial Reporting Standard.
- I am introducing agile approach to manage projects to the teams, showing them benefit of scrum approach, emphasizing frequent deliveries, improving quality of the product with fewer defects.
- Teams consisting of Actuaries, IT ETL and Data Warehouse are distributed in US, Japan, India and Argentina. Team communication and collaboration are critical in fulfilling sprint commitments.
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
Agile Project Manager
- Successfully implemented Legacy Transformation of Personal Lines Umbrella application to a web based portal on a Guidewire Policy Admin System.
- Successfully managed Client and Team Facing Agile/Scrum/Kanban initiatives for the program that had eight work streams.
- Managed Cross-Team dependencies and participated in Release Planning for the Program.
- Engaged with Product Owners in Backlog Grooming, Prioritization, Requirements Analysis and determination of Acceptance Criteria.
- Provided project Dashboard showing Risks, Issues, Release Burn-up, Sprint Burn-down and Resource utilization.
- Provided bi-weekly Status report to the Senior Management and the program teams.
- Responsibly managed Sprint ceremonies - Daily standup, Planning, Review and Retrospective.
- Managed scope changes, source control and quality with minimum defects.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Digital Scrum Master
- Responsible for managing Individual Life Insurance (ILI) Marketing and Advertising Web initiatives.
- Successfully completed ILI projects on Web Accessibility, Responsive Web Design, Mobility, Search Engine Optimization, and various digital campaigns.
- Managed vendor relationships to assure that their services meet Prudential compliance requirements.
- Prioritized and managed initiatives from six Product Owners and provided weekly Status updates on Sprint commitments.
- Managed a Global Scrum team and stood up Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Established an Agile Center of Excellence for a delivery engagement with client KPMG for an Alternate Investment (AI) program.
- Successfully created and managed two Scrum teams for the Web Portal program to fulfill clients Taxation needs.
- Responsible for:
- Roadmap planning.
- Release planning.
- Product Backlog Grooming.
- Team Building.
- Prepare sprint metrics.
- Resource planning.
- Scrum of Scrum call.
- Removing impediments towards the delivery of work.
- Execute and Monitor the planned work.
- Keep Product Owner’s and the Stakeholders updated on status of the project.
- Look out for improvement opportunities to increase team velocity.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the work undertaken.
- Delivery of new features as agreed upon during Sprint Planning.
- Successfully carried out Agile/Scrum ceremonies: Daily Stand-up, Sprint - Planning, Review and Retrospective.
- Engaged with Product Owners in Requirements gathering to input, configure, process and generate Tax forms.
Confidential, JERSEY CITY, NJ
Sr. Project Manager
- Successfully delivered Actuarial projects in Personal and Commercial lines using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Successfully completed a stalled Personal Auto Stat Plan Review and Trend project and saved 18 months from the schedule by adopting Agile/Scrum approach. Project highlights were:
- Introduced team to Agile and SCRUM methodology.
- Adopted incremental and iterative development approach.
- Created and prioritized Product Backlog with the Product Owner.
- Lead Sprint Planning meetings with the Project Team.
- Worked with the Project Team to create Sprint Backlog.
- Lead daily standup meetings.
- Conducted Sprint Retrospectives.
- Introduced Continuous Integration.
- Introduced Test Driven Development.
- Improved team collaboration and communication.
- Provided Status reports to key stakeholders.
- Successfully completed a Web development SDLC project under budget to deliver Company Edit Package (CEP) software and associated artifacts adopting Verisk Project Management Life Cycle.
- Successfully Completed a Loss Cost Review project for Businessowners to smooth excess losses over available historical loss claims data. This automation cut down a Ratemaking Review cycle from a week to 4 hours.
- Act as a mentor for junior project managers.
- Completed Commercial Fire and Allied Lines (COMFAL) project to include Limit of Insurance in calculation of Loss Cost for Ratemaking process.
- Helped establish Mobile Application Development eco-system while working on a vehicle inspection project.
- Proactively managed risk, provided Status reports to key stakeholders, introduced incremental and iterative development approach and Continuous Integration, Created and prioritized Product Backlog with the business, improved team collaboration and communication,.
- Played a key role in establishing policies, procedures and processes for the Project Management Office.
- Act as liaison between the Finance and IT departments, providing subject matter expertise in financial business cases, validating IT spend.
- Managed small/medium/large size Infrastructure Services projects through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery Drills for Actuarial applications.
- Change and Release managed several migration/upgrades of Actuarial applications to DB2 versions, IBM Language Environment under zOS.
- Used Critical Chain project management technique with MS Project for planning, tracking and managing project tasks.