- Seasoned, proven, proactive leader and decision - maker in program/portfolio/project management, data governance, risk management, Confidential /integration, strategic planning, Confidential, finance, and operations ready for the next challenge with a fast moving, growing, values-oriented, exciting corporation.
- A proven leader who incorporates a coaching-teaching-mentoring style to consistently deliver strong team building and goal attainment. Developed subordinates who also excelled in leader positions.
- Ability to proactively partner in complex multi-business organizations, drive highly effective teams to define strategic objectives, socialize vision, and translate into actionable initiatives.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to assess complex scenarios, define opportunities, and deliver in rapid change environments.
- Forward thinking, results oriented, ethical, hands-on professional leader with strong strategic, analytical, planning, risk management, data management, and general business management skills.
- Resourceful self-starter, who tenaciously pursues excellence and skillfully integrates solid strategic planning with analytical study results, process design, budgeting, team building and training, to attain optimal results, continuous improvements and long-term problem resolution.
KNOWLEDGE / STRENGTHS:
- Strategic Planning
- Program/Project Manager
- PM Methodology
- Scrum Master
- Data Governance Frameworks
- Technology Implementation
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Applications Development
- Release / Migration Manager
- Team Leader and Manager
- Operations Manager
- Process Improvements
- PCI and IT Security
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Plans & Forecasts
- Variance Analysis
- Portfolio Reporting
- Profit Model Validation
- Pricing Model Development
- Credit Risk Reporting
- Business Intelligence
- Capacity Planning
- Revenue Reporting
- Complex Forecast Modeling
- Supply Chain Management
- Regulatory / Basel II / CCAR
- SOX / COSO Compliance
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
Scrum Master and Lead Project Manager
- Award Winning idea was to include “Related Products” in web product search returns for individual products and also return “Job Packages” for items that are part of an auto repair job.
- Led all Agile ceremonies across 5 planned Scrum cycles, to include Backlog Grooming, User Stories development, Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Review/Demo, Retrospectives, and all documentation.
- To date have accomplished 7 of 7 Sprints under original contract requirements; four weeks ahead of SOW end date.
- 15 “Related Products” and “Job Packages” User Stories containing all requirements have been met with fully tested and approved functional code turned over to Advance Auto.
- Currently planning 5 additional Sprints and a total of 10 user stories in building a user front-end interface for the newly created lookup and view services.
Confidential, South St. Paul, Minnesota
Lead Project Manager and Scrum Master
- Developed, refined and matured IT PMM processes
- Pursued consistency and commonality in implementation of methodology across projects
- Build out a project discovery and project proposal process
- Implementing early stage Business case development including ROI calculations
- Implementing project ballpark sizing, and resource forecast tracking processes within methodology
- Migration scheduling, detailed planning, release management and implementation command center ownership
- Ownership of project portfolio management, portfolio status reporting, and executive reviews
- Systems experience using and exposures within a Web and e-Commerce (JAVA, .NET); Oracle DB; MS-Windows-UNIX; SQL Datawarehouse; Hyperion-Brio Reporting; Data Center; Inventory Planning (MAPS); Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (Avtex); ProductCenter (PLM); Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) (SPS); ACH/credit card services; PaymenTech (JPM-Chase); Account Updater (JPM-Chase); SalesForce (SFDC); MS-Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint; WorkFront environment.
- Conduct quarterly PCI and Systems Security access permission audits and validate as well as document corrective actions required/taken.
- Used COSO, SOX, Basel II, CCAR specific requirements, and other regulations to drive a Data Management Association ( Confidential ) Governance Body-of-Knowledge (BoK)-based Data Governance and Oversight (G&O) program build for Confidential ’s Community Banking retail and business lines.
- Community Banking G&O program development included publication of Data Governance Framework; Data Flows with narrative; Data Quality Management; Critical Data Elements inventory; Internal Controls Inventory; Data Architecture Management; Metadata Management; Foundational, Reference and Master Data Management; Change Management; Document version control and Content Management
- Successful strategic transformation positions this global player to increase sales (projected over $15.5 Billion in 2015), improve market share, operate more efficiently, in corporate advanced commercial analytics, and gain a desired and significant competitive advantage.
- $1.5M+ project contract concluded in July 2015, within budget, with increased revenues and cost savings already realized by client.
- Using a hybrid of recognized project methodologies, including Waterfall, Agile, Scrum (Master), brought 16 individual project workstreams (under four strategic pillars) to successful completion on time, and within budget.
- Workstreams included Sales Operations, Account Management, Commercial Analytics, High Performance Sales Management (HPSM), Product Planning, Customer Business Planning, Marketing Campaign Planning, Portfolio Review Planning, Business Systems to Enterprise Architecture, Tactics Playbook and Analytics Tools, Sales Incentive Planning, S&OP, Control Tower, Multi-Channel Marketing and others
- Used MS-Project and MS-Visio tools, partnered with MS-Excel based project plan templates along with MS-SharePoint resources to fully engage stakeholders in the project tracking and progress toward stated goals and objectives. Within an Agile and Scrum Master framework, fully engaged stakeholders and partnerships enabled a pride of “ownership” around successful implementation of individual workstreams owned by non-PM leaders.
Confidential, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Established and enjoyed a 99.36% “green” Dashboard data governance readiness rate across 26 wholesale/commercial banking lines of business (over $800 Billion in credit balances) on monthly scorecard reporting against all data integrity, data quality, and data stewardship criteria for nearly two dozen monthly reporting cycles.
- Responsible for providing assurance, through individual business line quarterly reviews, oversight, and detailed analysis of compliance with regulatory requirements around data quality, data integrity, data lineage, ETL, data validation testing, and data management of wholesale and commercial banking credit data.
- Underwent four large audits of business lines as well as Data Integrity Oversight and Supervision (DIOS) group, with no material deficiencies noted.
- Helped to lead highly successful complex data strategy initiatives/projects, including expansion of data management framework, along with transition to a more mature data management model in compliance regulatory requirements for Basel, CCAR/Stress Test, Regulatory reporting, and enterprise risk data analytics.
- Developed and advanced an expanded and more mature Data Management Framework, for Corporate Risk Management across all wholesale and retail lines of business, the Wholesale Data Governance, and Corporate Credit Data Analysis and Reporting (CAR) groups.
- I created Data Management tools and scorecards to measure quality and completeness of LOB data governance documentation against established guidelines.
- I led highly successful, complex data strategy initiatives and projects, incorporating recognized project methodologies PM-BoK, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum (Master), etc. wherever needed.
- Worked tenaciously and progressively in partnership with others and elevated Confidential to “Global Leader” in financial services credit data analytics.
- Organized an expanded data management framework to include roles and responsibilities for data stewards and data custodians; data management specific requirements and measures around onboarding of data; elevating data testing and certification standards, procedures, processes and dashboard reporting.
- Data management framework includes identifying roles and responsibilities; data integrity deep dives; loan data onboarding; data elements and characteristics; data flow of systems and data sources (from sources of record along data flow including servicing systems, data warehouses, data marts, data stores ultimately into report elements and calculations); controls and summary logs; Extract, Transform and Load (ETL); system data dictionaries; metadata strategy; data lineage; data quality/data integrity, front-end and back-end testing; data testing certification and dashboard reporting; data policy; SLA/OLA; BCP and security plans; system/data source conversion initiatives; glossary of terms and definitions; management of all action plans.
- As SharePoint site collection manager, I leveraged SharePoint services, to transition to a more robust BI environment, using Documentum within Document Management Services group, to launch a sustainable and compliant document management strategy for Corporate Data Governance group.
- I enhanced data certification processes using an ODBC connection between SharePoint sites within my site collection and enterprise data certification (CERT) resources.
- I leveraged PM-BoK, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum (Master), and other SDLC methodologies, within my own data platform development team, to successfully release MS-Access/SQL data platform well ahead of schedule, where for over two years before my arrival others failed.
- Through the development of reliable and sustainable data movement processes and procedures, robust front-end as well as back-end data quality testing, and highly granular analytics, the Program’s periodic forecasts and monthly Dashboard reporting (98.9% “Green” project status over 38 monthly reporting cycles) went to all Technology and Network managers up to and including the EVP for Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS).
- This Program, through the System of Record (SOR) we built and owned, validated and assured highly transparent and reliable reporting showing monthly expense savings in excess of $240 million from integration and post-integration projects (VoIP conversions) involving data/telephony circuit, site mergers, closures, migrations, upgrades, disconnects, and consolidations of over 6,200 Confidential and Wachovia Financial call centers, business operations centers, branches, brokerages, data centers, and more.
- Program results and forecasts stood the test of repeated internal audits as well as Confidential Finance scrutiny, and were confidently included in the monthly Operational Review from the EVP for Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) to Confidential ’s CIO.
- I closed down the Program in mid-2013 at the conclusion of the Wachovia Technology Integration and all post-integration projects.
- All of my key subordinates were extended through the maximum contract terms, and many received offers to become Confidential FTE Team Members.
- Project Manager and primary leader of business integration between Confidential and Wachovia Financial student lending businesses.
- Project Ideation, Prioritization and Onboarding: worked with EFS senior leaders to formalize technology project and business integration plans, business case development, leader-decision making processes, decision making tollgates, project methodologies, and execution against stated strategic goals and objectives requested by-name to lead, then led a highly successful integration of two large banking businesses, resulting in a new consumer banking business organization with $35 Billion in combined assets
- Project Financials: Successfully managed all projects and resources comprising a $7-million annual technology project portfolio, for over three annual budget cycles, with great transparency, accuracy, and no overruns.
- Status and Analytics: Built highly accurate, reliable and transparent project performance monthly dashboards, with escalation criteria, enabling sound senior leader decision making.
- Used recognized project methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum-Master, and others), and delivered on time, meeting then exceeding all regulatory compliance driven criteria.
- Organized and implemented timely data and model management improvements over a $14Billion private lending portfolio.
- Led monthly collections and loss forecast (including defaults and recoveries) analysis between Risk Management and EFS Collections Managers.
- Implementation of suggested collections and recovery strategies produced significant month-over-month financial lift across the entire business.
- Additionally, developed, assembled, and published the quarterly Credit Portfolio Review
Confidential, Wayzata, Minnesota
Annual Plan Coordinator and Senior Financial Analyst
- Analyzed strategic alternatives, and generated 5-year financial plan for 23rd largest bank/financial services provider nationally.
- Assisted Corporate CFO as lead developer of highly successful traditional/de novo branch growth model in use for over 10 years after my departure.
Confidential, St. Paul, Minnesota
Senior Financial Analyst and Business Operations/MIS Analyst
- Senior financial analyst and MIS analyst of multiple retail, consumer and commercial bank product lines including direct/indirect auto, commercial auto, retail services, small business and more. Built, validated, and deployed revenue, cost, profit, compensation, planning, and forecast models, and more.