- Information Technology professional with fifteen years proven track record in software development, systems engineering, systems integration, financial management, configuration management and quality control.
- Experienced in managing multiple complex projects across a program while facilitating all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in facilitating complex software development and information technology projects in both the commercial and government/DOD environs using Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Well versed in implementing ITSM best practices through the ITIL framework.
- Led people, projects and processes to achieve targeted milestones and solutions for customers/clients. Versed in project scheduling, control and costing.
- Experienced in supporting both Confidential acquisition and sustainment programs.
DODAF, Enterprise Architecture, SDLC, Lifecycle Management, Systems Delivery, BMC Remedy ITSM (Change, Incident, Problem, CMDB) SAP Data Center Management (BI, Portal, ECC, XI, PSM, GRC), ISO 20000, Cloud Computing Hosting services (PaaS, IaaS, Saas) F5 Load Balancing Alerts, BMC Monitoring Alerts, BMC Dashboards and Analytics, Application Virtualization Management, Application Migration to Cloud Management, MS Office; MS Project, Visio; Business Objects;
Confidential, Aberdeen, MD
- Program Manager responsible for ensuring the on - time, high-quality creation and submission of compliant deliverables while ensuring compliance with all contract requirements
- Functioning as customer facing liaison to the Government client for all program interactions including identifying and managing reach-back support for new technical requirements and subject matter expertise, as needed
- Works with the client to shape activities under contract in concert with the statement of work, organizational strategic plans, and its associated goals and objectives
- Analyze budget and facilitate contracting actions and work closely with the client to ensure projects meet delivery, quality, and schedule goals supporting organization-wide technical programs and strategic initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve program management processes and identify change management issues or requirements related to strategic implementation
Confidential, Aberdeen, MD
- Project Manager for team of software developers and engineers that maintained a set of applications for the Confidential Software Engineering Center
- Managed all phases of the SDLC including, requirements gathering, development, integration testing, cybersecurity, and documentation
- Led team managing applications on various technologies including Java, .NET, and SharePoint, C+, C++ and Visual Basic
- Functioned as Scrum Master to manage development in an Agile environment including, daily standups/SCRUM, backlog management, sprint grooming, sprint planning and sprint closeouts
- Created, maintained and organized backlog of tasks, epics and stories
- Managed project financials, staff/resources and project budgets
- Conducted reviews for all deliverables prior to final approval
- Facilitated positive project client relationship through strategic communications, conflict resolution and strategic planning
- Operations Manager for a team of software engineers, application developers, and database administrators for the Veterans Administration’s Mobile healthcare application support
- Led team developing mobile applications using Agile methodology to facilitate daily scrum meetings, biweekly sprint planning, review, retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and planning sessions with technical team and client stakeholders
- Utilized JIRA and other ATLASSIAN tools to manage development backlogs, sprints, configuration changes and critical issue resolution
- Managed all database development activities for suite of production applications using Oracle and MongoDB
- Managed security protocols to protect sensitive data in accordance with client requirements
- Managed maintenance windows to complete after hours upgrades, patching and other issue resolutions
- Developed backlog reporting templates for issue and problem reporting, racking and resolution
- Completed Root Cause Analysis documentation for all system issues
- Conducted a business case analysis to identify the optimal course of action for future software system investment
- Led team that conducted Cloud Architecture platform analysis’ (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS) to recommend a future operating architecture configuration
- Managed team that developed an architecture analysis to identify compliance gaps with security policies and guidelines
- Conducted final deliverable review and approval for all deliverables prior to client submission
- Participated in Architecture reviews and advised client staff on issue resolution and best practices
- Prepared formal deliverable briefings for Executive level Command Staff and technical personnel on an enterprise architecture modernization roadmap
- Facilitated daily standup meetings and presented daily progress updates to client
- Managed team that delivered an As-Is and To Be Analysis for an enterprise architecture modernization plan for production test systems
- Developed technical reports with detailed recommendations for future upgrades in accordance with security guidelines and industry best practices
- Analyzed client identified challenges to software systems and developed and presented implementable solutions
- Developed architecture documentation and recommendations
Confidential, Aberdeen, MD
- Functioned as Project Manager for team of 27 contractors tasked to sustain, develop and modernize a suite of 12 Business Intelligence applications for the Confidential ’s CECOM Software Engineering Center
- Functioned as principal contractor representative in all client program strategy, execution planning and technical design meetings
- Supported the program by managing the master schedule while managing successful delivery of contract deliverables
- Managed the program’s Application Lifecycle Management processes in all phases including development, QA/testing, user acceptance and production deployment
- Developed a project delivery plan consisting of resource allocations, scheduling, deliverable management and risk/issue mitigation
- Worked as principal contractor reviewer for all high level, functional and technical requirements for all application development/sustainment efforts
- Managed implementation of application migration plans to migrate a locally hosted application to a cloud/virtualized environment as part of the Confidential Data Center Consolidation Program (ADCCP)
- Managed Confidential data center discovery report generation partnership with the CECOM Software Engineering Center (SEC), RDECOM CERDEC, and US Confidential Europe (USAREUR)
- Led and managed the successful creation of Proof of Concept work streams that introduced Cloud Hosting Services
- Conducted analysis of alternatives for cloud hosting platforms including IAAS, PAAS and SAAS
- Managed Projects including Cloud Product Development, data center rationalizing studies/opportunity assessments, and server/storage/data center consolidation for the Software Engineering Center’s Enterprise Solution Directorate (ESD)
- Managed multiple projects tasked to create hosting solutions for secure application to be hosted in various Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) environments (DECC, STAX etc,.)
- Managed report generation and delivery of data center discovery reports consisting of application dependency mapping and bandwidth analysis
- Led team to develop cloud hosting provider comparison documents for the purpose of platform selection and rationalization
- Led team to perform technical gap analysis assessments for applications migration to a virtualized environment
- Utilized Agile Development methodology to compile processes and technical requirements for Application Development and migration for highly virtualized systems
- Facilitated daily SCRUM/standup meetings to measure development progress and identify risks and issues
- Developed processes facilitate technical, financial and Information Assurance analysis for application development
- Assessed complex operational tasks and recommended processing and technology changes for a broad range of software, hardware and security solutions
- Managed integrated systems engineering process in the Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) space
Confidential, Reston, VA
Technical Project Manager
- Worked as Deputy Project Manager for Operations & Sustainment Technical Architecture team for the Confidential General Fund Enterprise Business System) SAP ERP program
- Prepared written technical briefs for Project Executives ( Confidential Colonel) and Government Project Lead (GS-15)
- Facilitated implementation of security patches (Microsoft, UNIX, Solaris, Oracle, IAVA etc,.)
- Functioned as POC for UNIX, Windows and Network administrators in support of an ERP system in an enterprise Data Center,
- Functioned as BMC Remedy ITSM POC
- Facilitated core IT Service Management / ITIL functions including but not limited to areas such as problem management, service desk, change management, release management, configuration management, portfolio management, service level management and operations gap assessments
- Completed process modeling, process simulation, process architecture and organizational design reviews.
- Demonstrate business effectiveness skills such as establishing roadmaps for deploying processes for maintaining optimal IT service
- Managed Configuration Management processes including updated to the CMDB, CCB’s, software baselining, etc,.
- Interfaced directly with Government Configuration Manager on all Technical Change Requests, requiring Government Change Control Board Approval
- Performed Impact Assessments and structured Risk Analysis exercises for low, medium and high risk changes to a production Government ERP system in an SAP environment
- Explained technical issues, provide guidance to leadership and understand the complete technical infrastructure environment
- Developed repeatable process templates
- Functioned as vendor contact for software procurement, design, implementation and support for F5 Load balancing services
- Support initiatives for SLA creation, refinement, reporting and measurement
- Compiled technical proposal summaries for new applications/services and documented existing processes in Runbook/Concept of Operations format
- Functioned as Disaster Recovery Coordinator for production system
Confidential, Cockeysville, MD
- Lead engineering team responsible for designing network engineering plans for Confidential FIOS’ video network in the Mid Atlantic
- Managed circuit migrations from legacy network to advanced fiber optic facilities
- Identified network trouble points using monitoring tools and developed network traffic reduction reports
- Developed reliable designs, documentation, and architecture diagrams for a cutting edge high-performance, highly available networked system
- Defined and documented the network security, load balancing, and local/geographic redundancy elements, including firewall hardware, firewall and ACL policies, server load balancing (SLB) and global server load balancing (GSLB) methods
- Defined and documented power and space requirements for new Network equipment (servers, load balancers, firewalls, etc.).
- Functioned as Configuration Management specialist responsible for Incident tracking, categorization and resolution
- Functioned as vendor manager for a team of 11 acquisition specialists
- Reviewed and provided approval for asset purchase orders
- Functioned as primary vendor/client contact for the purpose of milestone reporting, project life cycle monitoring, and process reengineering as needed.
- Traveled to vendor site for meetings, strategy sessions and work summarization reporting.
- Directed 10 external contractors for onsite work project to complete technical material installations.
- Prepared and delivered weekly recurring executive reports to senior management.