- Over 28 years experience in IT
- Program and Project Management experience - 24 years
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Abbott Laboratories Infrastructure Experience - PPD R&D (SIAM) Project Mgr., PPD Project Mgr. & Validation Mgr., GPRD Project Manager, ADD (Quality - Consent Decree) Program Manager, CHMS Program Manager (SAP, Data Center, Collaboration)
- Direct Management experience - 10 yrs
- Extensive infrastructure experience in Confidential /Healthcare regulated environments
- Strong Quality ( Confidential ) background and working knowledge (Abbott Labs) consent decree experience) Consistent track record for completing projects on time and on budget
- Experienced Manager of cross-functional and cross-Divisional resources, multi-site and multi-country Project Management and resource coordination ( Corporate infrastructure)
- Strong communication and leadership skills at all levels of an organization
- Program/Project Advisor and Coach to Senior Management
- Demonstrated strong matrix management ability
- Adjunct College Faculty and Consultant - “Practical Project Management”
- Expert level skills in MS Project, MS Office
- Business Management experience - 22 years, Founder and Current President of Confidential, Inc., Project/Program Management Company
- Lead Software Compliance Program Manager during Consent Decree for major Healthcare Company (70 direct project team members)
- Lead Sr. Project Manager in multiple Program and Project Management Offices
- Manage multiple infrastructure programs
- Creation and implementation of Project Management methodology, e.g. control points, processes,
- Data Center consolidation to centralized model
- Developed and executed process for Global email migration and consolidation to single Corporate location
- Creation and implementation of Project Management processes, documents and templates (e.g. Quarterly Data Center Infrastructure & Applications Maintenance, Change Team Process, SWAT/Incident Team Process)
- SME for infrastructure project prioritization, project and IT Governance related processes & tool selection
- Creation of meaningful Corporate Project and Program metrics and reporting requirements
- Provide Project Management and coaching/mentoring to all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Facilitate and manage all levels of project meetings and presentations to Executive Level Management
- Manager and SME of Program and Portfolio Management
Confidential, Barrington, IL
Sr. Project Manager
- Plan and implement the reengineering of a national railcar management financial application with a large number of interfaces inclusive of SAP.
- Manage a team of 50+ consultants, of which 40+ are overseas development and QA team.
- Planned and implemented a Quarterly Maintenance Outage schedule and multi-Divisional communication process, driving enterprise costs down and efficiencies up Coordinated multi-platform activity identification, scheduling, and led an on time, on budget final implementation involving hundreds of servers, network equipment, and facilities changes impacting thousands of employees.
- Coached and instructed existing Project Managers to higher efficiencies, concentrating on developing and implementing processes to reduce costs and deliver the final project/product to benefit the Corporation and align with its strategies.
- Reviewed and monitored multiple projects, guiding them to successful outcomes.
- Consulted to Management regarding Quality issues.
- Reviewed, recommended and implemented changes to their plans.
- Guided management through preparation and responses to internal and external Quality and Financial audits.
- Engaged in speaking engagements to PMOs, teaching the practical side of Project and Process Management.
- Project managed a strategic International Data Center Project with consideration of several countries and impact to thousands of applications worldwide.
- Planned led the implementation of a Corporate Information Technology asset/configuration project.
- Program Manager for Confidential Planning and Implementation.
- Project manager for SAP project with concentration on process, for global change and outage impact determination to the business, followed by and global roll out planning and implementation.
- Developed and implemented Infrastructure Change and SWAT/Incident Teams for SAP and Collaboration lines of business.
- Program Manager for Confidential .
Program Management Consultant
- Developed the strategy, set the direction for implementation at an international manufacturing firm, for a major plant relocation effort to an international site.
- Developed and conducted an Executive process management seminar for upper management to enable the tracking and managing of outside firms in the relocation process as well as oversee the internal movement of equipment and personnel.
- Led a 15-person team responsible for the planning and implementation of server room consolidation activities for Divisions.
- Identified 1000’s of affected I.T. components and scheduled their subsequent movement with consideration to 1000+ client applications and impact to the overall business.
- Worked with Quality Departments to assure that compliance to Confidential Regulations was maintained.
- Reviewed Policy and Procedure Documents to ensure continued alignment. Served on SLC and Process Document teams in a compliance consultative capacity.
- Worked with and presented to cross-Divisional management to convey status and ensure synergy, and functioned as the general liaison to Corporate management, other Divisional project teams and the business clients.
- Completed the project on time and on budget.
Validation Team Lead
- Responsible for compliance/validation activities for system compliance to Confidential and Confidential regulations.
- Supervised a (6) person team in the writing of requirements, protocols and datasets along with the execution of protocols.
- Managed the validation test environment and approved in corporation of new software releases.
- Identified, tracked and assigned tasks. Adjusted timelines and tasks in response to frequent Program changes and consistently and successfully met the new criteria.
- Closely coordinated activities with the I.T. and Quality organizations to assure compliance to all Confidential regulations and Corporate interpretation of the rules.
Validation Program Manager
- Planned and implemented the Confidential compliance strategy for the medical device division of a major healthcare company.
- Managed a 59-person team and multiple projects.
- This included the review and approval of validation assessments and validation deliverables in addition to the management of (5) team leads in the areas of: spreadsheets, statistical packages, Lotus Notes Applications, Process Control applications and Documentation.
- Managed the development and approval of new and updated policies, processes and procedures.
- Coordinated the efforts with the I.T. and Quality organizations.
- Met management deadlines as assigned while maintaining overall performance and professionalism and successfully completing the project on time and under budget.
- Worked heavily with the I.T. departments to secure understanding of current Confidential regulations and guidelines along with the Company’s interpretation through policies, processes, and procedures to assure compliance.
- Assisted in bringing various departments and organizations (I.T., common process, manufacturing) into compliance with regulations.
- Established and managed the Chicago Midwest Regional office.
- Managed IT delivery consultants
- Managed major Confidential and healthcare accounts in the Midwest
- Designed/Implemented strategies and methods for market penetration.
- Established and managed key accounts.
- Established new cleaning venture in Wisconsin
- Built new advertising campaign
- Advised on customer satisfaction issues
- Developed strategy and plan for business development
Business and Sales Distribution Consultant
- Established national distribution network for medical devices
- Developed and implemented business expansion plan
- Automated sales and marketing
- Established and automated direct marketing
- Conducted Business and Sales
Sales Program Director
- Developed and implemented consultant recruiting program
- Developed and implemented business enhancement plan
- Created direct marketing campaigns
Distribution Program Manager
- Established distribution network
- Computerized direct marketing
- Hosted business development events
- Developed and implemented sales plan