My objective is to secure a position that leverages my skills and experience as a professional program/project manager, a certified process improvement expert, a certified IT service manager, and a certified agile scrum master to further the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Thirty years of business consulting experience serving as a contractor to the Confidential .
- Directing and coordinating projects and programs using PMP body of knowledge, resulting in the successful completion of project activities on time, on budget, and within quality expectations. Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Directing and coordinating business process re - engineering and continuous process improvement activities using lean six sigma and business process reengineering methodologies, resulting in significant quality improvement and cost savings across several government agencies. Certified as a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
- Directing and coordinating software development, enterprise architecture, IT consolidation and change management, and the development of an IT services management organization. Certified in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundation and Service Strategy, and as an Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Directing and coordinating logistics and supply chain organizations.
- Coaching, mentoring, leadership, and effective organization and team management.
- Managing enterprise-wide roadmap teams in Identifying business process improvements across the IT infrastructure of the Department of Interior.
- Improving operations of a medium sized government IT services contractor by developing a corporate program management office.
- Providing program management office support for Lean Six Sigma teams creating process blueprints for a large ERP implementation at the Department of Agriculture.
- Managing business transformation teams in assessing Iraqi infrastructure to improve business and stability operations in that country.
- Leading the acquisition, finance, and logistics contract teams in support of a CIO IT infrastructure consolidation and change management transformation for the Defense Intelligence Agency.
- Providing program management office support for developing the government’s Central Contractor Registration System and initiating an outreach program.
- Leading the program management office for Department of Defense’s business management modernization program, developing enterprise architecture process improvements across the entire department.
- Leading a large reengineering and system acquisition initiative for Defense transportation, reducing paper by integrating new technology.
- Managing a joint systems development effort with Department of Transportation and Los Alamos National Laboratory to develop and commercialize an intelligent transportation system product using agile techniques.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for leading enterprise architecture and business process improvement roadmap project teams for the Confidential of the Interior.
- Developed the CIO department-wide Enterprise Roadmap, accounting for data systems, policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures. Developed short and long term plans across multiple programs and platforms. Conducted surveys, studies, and reviews of current operations for compliance with future vision.
- Wrote position papers for the DoI Program Manager to respond to GAO inquiries. Responded to OMB’s assessment of the department’s enterprise roadmap with a plan of action for improving the product. Gathered data and lessons learned from past roadmaps and developed alternative solutions to account for changes in requirements.
- Used PMI PMBOK methodology to initiate the project, standing-up a new team. Assessed effectiveness of project management processes. Created and maintained project standards. Provided project management guidance and support to the team. Monitored project progress including schedule and budget and reported to DoI management. Liaised with the contract officer and with Confidential management.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Corporate Program Management Office Manager
- Established the corporate Program Management Office.
- Responsible for overseeing company IT service management projects; approximately 100 people.
- I was the point of contact for all projects standards, policy, and procedural matters. Developed corporate level progress monitoring, risk management, and reporting procedures and distributed them to satellite project offices. Developed the project reporting tool using SharePoint and based on a tool developed by Confidential called “Seven Keys to Success”.
- Supported proposal development, writing management and quality sections.
- Supported the integration of CMMI and ISO certifications into the organization.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Program Manager
- Responsible for Program Management Office support and Lean Six Sigma process improvement for SAP Transformation at the Confidential of Agriculture. Supported the program’s acquisition of the software and integration contractors. Reviewed and supported the evaluation of contractors’ performance.
- Managed in accordance with PMI PMBOK methodology, including planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling processes.
- Developed work breakdown structure, schedule, and cost.
- Consolidated other contractor schedules into an integrated master schedule.
- Applied earned value management to monitor project progress.
- Developed the risk management plan. Tracked risks, issues, and lessons learned.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Charged with leading the Federal Logistics and Supply Chain consulting practice; grew the business revenue from $1.6 million to $20 million in 3 years. Identified program requirements and developed the program’s short and long term goals. Responsible for managing the budget and 60 people. Developed employee engagement plans to ensure practice productivity. Provided consultation, coaching, and support to employees. Coordinated with Confidential ’s commercial practice to develop products and services. Presented a plan to top management to provide a lean six sigma service solution offering to customers. Educated top management on the technical and non-technical aspects of lean six sigma methodology and trained staff.
- Led the practice’s largest account, the Confidential of Defense (DoD) Business Transformation Office Iraq Task Force for Business and Stability Operations intended to assess Iraqi industrial infrastructure to employ more Iraqis. Hired 20 manufacturing engineers to identify alternatives, conduct cost/benefit and feasibility analysis, and recommend priorities. Improved the manufacturing infrastructure of Iraq and was credited for generating 100,000 new jobs for the Iraq people. This was a 2 year effort with many challenges regarding the safety and well-being of my employees. My team won the coveted President’s Award for its innovation and client service.
- Provided senior leadership and proposal support to win one of the company’s largest contracts, U.S. Air Force, Logistics Transformation Office, Expeditionary Combat Support System, Oracle ERP; led the Early Benefits Realization Team that identified over $30 million in process improvement savings using lean six sigma methodologies.
- Led an internal Six Sigma process improvement project to streamline the Subcontractor Authorization Process for one of the company’s largest intelligence programs; reduced process time by 25%. Used DMAIC methodology, including developing study plans, gathering data, involving “the voice of the customer”, analyzing alternatives, using statistical measures, performing cost benefit analysis, proposing options, and making recommendations to improve the process.
- Led the acquisition, finance, and logistics contract teams in support of the Confidential Defense Intelligence Agency Chief Information Officer Integration Program for consolidation of IT infrastructure and change management. Conducted analysis of employee surveys to support strategic planning. Analyzed employee satisfaction to determine impact of organizational change. Reduced duplication of infrastructure, systems, and personnel and achieved significant cost savings.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Service Area Manager and Senior Program Manager
- Led the Program Management Office for one of Confidential ’s largest contracts, with over 270 contractors and a value of over $200 million, the Confidential Business Management Modernization Program (BMMP), developing Enterprise Architecture across Confidential . Managed all project management administrative functions involving Confidential and 6 subcontractors. Used the PMI PMBOK methodology. Responsible for planning and scheduling, using MS Project Enterprise, earned value management, resource management, risk management, stakeholder management, subcontractor management, quality management, budget management, invoicing and issue resolution. Identified and validated PMO requirements and created SOPs to execute. Managed the development of the integrated master schedule. Monitored subcontractor performance. Performed a cost/benefit analysis to justify purchasing a Deltek EVM product. Delivered weekly cost and schedule variance reports to Confidential management. Resolved problems by working with the personnel responsible for the cost account, identifying the root cause, developing a plan of action to remedy the issues, and reporting to management. Managed the development and execution of a project risk plan.
- Advised and trained contractors on ground rules, responsibilities, and expectations. Led an effort to train our Confidential customer and other stakeholders in the use of earned value management. Collected data from control account leaders and Confidential ’s cost management system to report EVM on a weekly basis.
- Program was the first program at Confidential to be certified by Confidential in Earned Value Management.
- Managed a joint effort with the Department of Transportation VOLPE Center and the Los Alamos National Laboratory to develop and commercialize an intelligent transportation system called TRANSIMS. Led the proposal and software development teams and became the product manager for Confidential . Led the JAD requirements development effort. Utilized the waterfall and agile methodologies for the software development life cycle. The product was sold to state and local metropolitan planning users. The program achieved CMMI Level 2.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Led one of the largest reengineering initiatives ever undertaken in Defense Transportation for the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense; a modernization program designed to replace tens of millions of Government Bills of Lading and Invoices with electronic transactions.
- Led a feasibility study of implementing a standard transportation accounting system across subordinate commands for Confidential . Recommended Oracle Financial System.
- Led the Program Management Office support for the Assistant Undersecretary for Defense - Logistics Central Contractor Registration Database Development Program. The initial project called for standing up a call center. Replaced an out-going project manager and discovered that only 3 months into the project, 80% of the budget had been used. The customer was not happy. Coordinated with the customer and developed a plan to terminate the call center and establish an education and outreach capability using an existing network. The CCR program was very successful and continues today as a mandatory action for contractors to do business with the government.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Provided leading edge logistics research to federal organizations to generate significant change through new technology.
- Implemented Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) at the Defense Finance and Accounting Center.
- Managed a large system acquisition to pay transportation bills for Confidential .