Results - driven Project Manager with proven success delivering complex projects on-time and within budget seeks a contract position that will utilize his exceptional organizational ability, technical knowledge, and communication skills.
- Confidential is a certified project manager with over twenty years of experience in business process re-engineering and full life-cycle systems development.
- Confidential has achieved proven success in managing complex, multi-year projects, including enterprise-level technical architecture and multi-phase implementation of mission-critical distributed enterprise systems. Confidential continuously works to advance his knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and best practices, so that he may ensure that current strategic decisions can be fully leveraged as technology, business practices, and business environments evolve.
- Confidential ’s greatest strengths include his technical expertise, and his ability to garner trust and support from stakeholders and sponsors.
- His ability to develop solutions to technical problems that others consider intractable has been a boon to all his former clients.
- Likewise, Confidential ’s ability to lead and influence groups of diverse stakeholders at all organizational levels, and achieve consensus and decisive action, has been instrumental in his managing projects to successful completion and achieving strategic organizational goals.
- Twenty years solving business problems and harnessing opportunities, including business process re-engineering and full life-cycle enterprise systems architecture, development and integration.
- Twenty successful years managing all phases of development and implementation using structured methodologies, including the planning, directing and coordinating of activities to ensure that goals are met within scope, time and budget constraints. Fourteen years on 10M+ projects.
- Twenty years assisting public sector and Fortune 500 clients in the achievement of their strategic objectives by providing leadership, direction and mentoring to team members and executives.
- Management of projects requiring evaluation, design and establishment of technical architectures, and requiring active management of stakeholder requirements, perceptions and expectations.
- Management of projects involving n-tier OOA/D, web-based, phased iterative development, implementation of large central databases, and critical data profiling, bridging and data conversion.
- Comprehensive experience in the management of project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, communications, risk, resources, and procurement on multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven success troubleshooting and managing crises. Proven experience taking over failing projects and managing to successful completion.
- Extensive experience implementing PMBOK, RUP, UML, MSF, Agile, JAD and other formalized frameworks and methodologies.
- Modification of systems, including hardware and software, to remove credit card information and processing from internal servers and network.
- Ensured that Confidential achieved “ Confidential ” status by certifying that no internal technology could be considered part of a credit card processing environment.
- Migration of applications, including ERP, warehousing, EDI etc. from a legacy v5r4 iSeries in Minnesota to a new v7r1 iSeries in Arizona.
- Involved new network segment, FortiGate firewalls, and intercommunications with > 45 other servers.
- Re-engineering of all Confidential systems and business processes from 3-tier client/server to 4-tier WCF-based web .NET application, including movement from DB2 on iSeries to SQL Server.
- Functional Redesign of Strategic Technologies
- Re-engineering of all Confidential systems and business processes from host-centric to 3-tier client/server, in anticipation of the approaching retirement of the " Confidential " generation and the increased demands that will be placed on Confidential staff.
- Integration of Confidential 's internal mainframe order entry system with Confidential 's midrange warehousing and distribution system.
- The project allowed Confidential to re-engineer their US-based warehousing and distribution practices.
- Development of a payroll and contribution reporting feed from Confidential, via the Confidential, into Confidential 's corporate database. The feed replaced the annual feed, allowing ongoing data purification, and more timely benefit estimates for Confidential members.
- Development of a web interface allowing state employer units to submit pay period reporting data files for over 70K active members.
- Maintains a broad, long-term view, ensuring that current decisions support strategic business goals, and that they provide maximum leverage considering known and suspected future initiatives.
- Ensures that team members and other stakeholders do not lose focus on long-term objectives while dealing with day-to-day operational and project issues.
- Continually re-evaluates project and operational strategies in light of shifting technologies, business processes, and organizational capabilities. Rapidly weighs options and incorporates desired changes.
- Ensures that JAD groups represent all appropriate perspectives, so that project decisions are sufficiently coordinated with business and legislative realities.
- Fosters an environment of integrity and mutual respect; earns trust through cooperation and empathy; leads through example.
- Successfully negotiates with diverse groups, including: factory workers, clerks, functional managers, vendors, and executive management; develops consensus, garnering timely decisions.
- Searches out the "power users" of functional areas and elicits their support in the management of change; adept at leading stakeholders to take ownership of changes affecting their functional areas.
- Cultivates a cooperative team environment; encourages others to take initiatives; works with and mentors team members to support and encourage their ongoing development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains focus on organization mission and strategy; bases initiatives, negotiations and decisions on alignment with mission; avoids ego contests and quickly gains credibility and trust.
- Commands respect and cooperation at all levels by maintaining focus on mission, and by maintaining a high level of honesty and integrity; considered highly ethical by all former employers and clients.
- Effectively balances the often-conflicting interests of varied stakeholders through cooperative negotiation of compromise; considers his "group" to be the entire organization, rather than just the project team or IT.