An energetic and highly dynamic project manager with over 10 years’ experience in program management and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to develop positive and supportive relationships with stakeholders and capable of contributing to the development of new principles, concepts to solve complex highly innovative and ingenious problems. With a strong background in research, and analysis, I’m seeking a full time program management position where I can increase my leadership abilities through regularly encountering and solving problems, managing budgets and meeting deliverables.
- Public and Human Relations Budget Management
- Proficient in Microsoft packages and database software Proposal Writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Staff training/development
- Cross - functional team management Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Records Management Team Player
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, iCIMIS, ZEUS, Budget Management and Review, Received specialized training in Project Management (PMI), Certified Scrum Master, ITILv3 and SharePoint.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Project Manager-Service Now
- Current Lead on SNow (ServiceNow) portfolio at Confidential / Confidential, incorporating best practices from a variety of Agile practices -- Scrum, Kanban, Lean -- facilitate teams to continuously improve and in corporate disciplined Agile best practices.
- Trusted Adviser, Agile Coach, and change agent for continuous development and integration, improving processes on a continual basis.
- Mentor Scrum Masters and development teams, remove blockers, and collaborate with teams and stakeholders across the United States.
- Provide performance management for up to 10 remote software developers, including sub-contractors, prepare contract deliverables, collaborate with other portfolio managers to remove silos and ensure Agile principles and best practices across the program.
- Facilitating a user-centric (human-centered design) approach to software development for agency-wide, enterprise development projects.
Project Manager-Team Lead
- Project Manager and Team Lead of 12 FTE within the Student and Exchange Visitor Program ( Confidential ) at Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) a component of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security ( Confidential )
- Managing 2 contracts, utilize multiple specialized systems such as SEVIS, CRM, and SharePoint, to support an ongoing project worth over $2M combined.
- Govern program budget and approve monthly invoices through third party vendor.
- Serve as hiring manager and conduct hiring efforts of all candidates using iCIMIS.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to the program team.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Direct next-level management and leads in all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing guidance, approving annual performance plans, providing feedback to senior management on employee performance, and recommending corrective action and promotions.
- Provide direction, coaching, and constructive feedback to direct reports.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Served as acting Team Lead in the absence of supervisor.
- Composed evaluations identifying internal and external communication vulnerabilities, resulting in significant changes to public information releases and internal communication routing.
- Provided analytical performance metric input for the weekly and monthly status reports that contributed to identification of performance trends and development of process improvements.
- Researched and analyzed schools’ compliance of federal regulations seeking Confidential recertification. Provided recommendation and in-depth reports to federal Adjudicators based on thorough investigative research.
- Applied federal regulations and policies during pre-adjudication process
- Served as a liaison between school officials and Confidential, and provided step by step guidance to enhance their understanding of immigration law as it pertains to school certification.
- Conducted preliminary reviews and analyses of educational institutions' recertification petitions for the Confidential .
- Advised and tracked non-immigrant students and educational institutions based on State and Federal regulations. Worked on special projects to include the deployment of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephonic system, and the development of a system used in the handling of the call workload, thereby enabling the expedited review and pre-adjudication of submitted petitions.
- Identified as Subject Matter Expert; provided judgments on incoming evidence as to what the nature of the evidence is and who requires subsequent review of the evidence.
- Evaluated information and then made recommendations to the Federal adjudicator to address issues of regulatory noncompliance cases.
- Applied the knowledge of federal regulations, and new federal policies by aiding school officials and enhancing their understanding of immigration law as it pertains to school certification.
- Tracked communication between Confidential and schools to ensure information was filed within regulatory time guidelines.
Confidential, Lithonia, Georgia
Lead Program Analyst
- Provided consultation and support to managers and administrators that aided in the development of appropriate assessment and evaluation standards for programs and services.
- Provided technical support and training to community partners and contractors via webinar, teleconference and site visits.
- Conducted detailed research on incidents of arrests among youth related to alcohol products. Provided presentations to community agencies to develop quality partnerships.
- Supervised 4 teams of 8 contracted data collectors.
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative data collection in the form of literature/publication reviews, interviews, focus groups, town hall meetings and site visits.
- Designed survey tools to collect accurate data. Conducted program evaluations to determine program success and identify improvements.
- Wrote, reviewed and submitted requests for proposals and bids for non-profit programs.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Ensured compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verified assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation. Completed audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintained internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires, recommending new policies and procedures.
- Provided training for new employees to ensure clarity of documentation requirements. Communicated audit findings by preparing a final report and discussing findings with the team.
- Complied with federal and state legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepared special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintained professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Deputy Program Manager/Health Educator
- Provided oversight and program management and budget assistance for adolescent health promotion activities for ages 11-19, to include; healthy eating/active living (obesity prevention), chronic disease prevention and control (tobacco prevention, cancer prevention, and diabetes), emergency preparedness, HIV/AIDS prevention, and injury prevention.
- Provided program evaluation for programs presented within the department to determine program improvements and success.
- Conducted weekly and monthly staff meetings, and provided technical assistance to staff and stakeholders. Developed appropriate curriculum standards and materials for health education programs and projects. Provided direction and support for Parent/Teacher Board Advisory.
- Responsible for all aspects of program management, to include research, program evaluation, training and technical assistance with collaboration of state and federal agencies.
- Conducted Health Education sessions within assigned community partners (schools, private and public agencies). Recruited, developed and managed project teams and work groups.
- Ensured quality control, adherence to project timelines and budgets, and production of high quality programs.