- Versatile, hands - on and results-oriented senior IT program/project manager with 15+ years of strong business and technology background, as both employee and trusted consultant advisor. Previous experience as IT development manager, IT PMO start-up lead, senior business analyst, process re-engineering lead, IT lead, UAT/QA lead, change management lead and systems analyst, having begun as a developer. Self-starter capable of hitting the ground running and working with minimal oversight. Works with urgency and customer focus. Excellent stakeholder-facing presentation and negotiation skills, ability to see big picture and quickly adapt to complex and changing environments, set and communicate plans and expectations with core team and executive stakeholders, foresee/mitigate risks and appropriately drive to deliver quality on time on budget
- Proven experience delivering mission critical, global enterprise system solutions: cross-functional custom systems and vendor software integrations/upgrades; complex solutions with multiple interfaces, dependencies and stakeholder groups/vendors; significant compliance (SOX, healthcare and financial)/legal review requirements
- Roles in fast-paced, global Confidential 10, 100 and 500 companies managing portfolios of concurrent projects or single projects across multiple industry verticals
- Ability to turn around problem projects and manage change to more structured PM approaches as required
- Persistently focuses on voice of customer, quality and cost and process efficiency. Six Sigma Black Belt with functional and technical understanding of best practices and lean operations for full range of enterprise functionality and systems - from R&D and design through supply chain management/procurement, marketing/sales, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, costing and financials
- Solid understanding of business drivers and KPIs/critical success metrics. Skilled in waterfall, Agile/scrum, hybrid, PMBOK, scope/schedule/risk project and program management, executive presentations, communications and management
- Skilled in forecasting, budgeting, vendor invoice management, detailed actual project cost tracking, creation of IT road maps using various tools.
- Builds good rapport with IT and business teams.
- Has managed direct reports and matrixed, global, cross-functional, multicultural teams of varying skillsets.
- Onsite, remote and offshore teams across continents and time zones. Ability to mentor junior resources. Teams including business analysts, PMs, developers, delivery/account managers, product owners, business stakeholders/SMEs, architects, DBAs and QAs. Shields teams from distractions to productivity and fosters best practices, processes, teamwork and documentation standards
- Projects span full SDLC lifecycle from SOW to detailed deployment and stabilization phases.
- Primarily focused on applications (SaaS/COTS vendor software packages integrations or custom in-house development) but also have managed infrastructure builds, data center migration, PaaS, IaaS, IRM/Security, hosting and authentication projects.
- Creates SOWs, charters, business cases, RFP/RFQ, SLAs, cost benefit analysis, kick-off decks/deliverables, resource plans, project schedules/milestones, all levels of project status reporting, change requests, financial (capital and operating) and budgeting reporting, short/mid/long-term strategic IT roadmap plans. Prioritizes and assigns work; keeps team focused on the most important tasks. Maintains organization and accuracy of project artifacts
- Experienced in setup of IT PMO standards (templates, best practice governance standards, ITIL, JIRA workflow design, artifact auditing, and ). Has set up new IT application development group for new business unit of a global company including hiring developers and BAs
- Trained and experienced in quality management, business process re-engineering, structured requirements gathering and documentation, leading initiatives to identify strategic opportunities for continuous and quantifiable improvement
Functional Areas/Systems: ERP/EBS, CRM, Accounting and Financials projects (AR, AP, GL, FA, Cost Accounting), Executive Dashboards/Warehouse/Data Lakes, new business startups, mergers/acquisitions, supply chain/demand management/scheduling, logistics, import/export, engineering/R&D/BOM, R&D/CAD interfaces, external collaboration portals, inventory and warehouse management, shipping and receiving, manufacturing/MRP, Order Management, Procurement, Service, Quality, Sales and marketing forecasting, Salesforce and integrations, HCM Skills management, PeopleSoft, WorkForceMgt (WFM), Info Security and Risk/IRM/Identity management, FICO Demand Management and Collections, mortgage/title, document and enterprise content management ECM. Full Oracle EBS suite, shop floor production, purchase to pay, forecast to build, Oracle Agile PLM/PDM, Product Management, Governance and Compliance and Product Cost Management, Siebel, PLM product lifecycle and release upgrades, end of life/decommissioning, time and attendance and payroll, healthcare insurance enrollment and eligibility, B2B/B2C, domain consolidations, IVR/call routing, al/learning repositories, DevOps improvement of batch scheduling for very large datacenters, datacenter consolidation/migration planning
Tools: CA Clarity/Rally, Planview, JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, TFS Team Foundation Server, SharePoint, INNOTAS, MS Project, MS Office Suite, VISIO, PowerPoint, Google Docs/Team Drive, Smart Sheet, Access, Primavera, Six Sigma Minitab/other, Mercury ITG/KINTANA, PVCS, Tableau, HPSM, Tivoli, CA Service Now, Service Catalog, custom PPM and issue tracking systems, budget and invoice approvals/matching/tracking in SAP and Excel
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM, Lean Agile, Hybrid Waterfall/Agile, ITIL, Earned Value, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Business Process Re-engineering, Kanban, Know Your Customer, Risk Assessment, Transaction Monitoring, all stages of SDLC System Development Life Cycle, PMBOK, Kaizen, Total Quality Management TQM
Other: Projects in Mexico, India and U.K. Completely bilingual in written and spoken Spanish. Have lived in Mexico and Spain. Working knowledge of Italian, French, German and Latin. Experienced with Japanese cultural protocols; some basic Japanese
Style: Flexibly adapts style to needs of each project, customer and team. Organized team builder with “service” leadership style. Good communicator and strategy planning skills. Experienced in foreseeing potential risks and avoiding them. Experienced in gaining buy-in from all levels of management and explaining business drivers to technical team. Values relationships, innovation, quality, timeliness. Accessible, accountable, results-focused, collaborative and easy to work with on a team
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. Project Management Consultant
- Senior project manager for multiple projects in enterprise finance including: Custom Executive Financial dashboards created from ORACLE, SAP and user spreadsheets; Custom profitability, expense, ROI, legal, and other consolidated financial reporting including governance and protection of highly sensitive data; Custom portal system accessed by multiple business units and cross functional stakeholder teams; Custom data extraction and generation of financial narrative reports using integration to third party Confidential (natural language generation) software; Platform improvements project, AWS test upgrades planning.
- Accountable for scope, risk, budget, resource time, release content negotiation, mid-term road-mapping and status reporting, weekly project detail and timeline reporting, setting expectations with and managing conflicting interests between, third party software vendors; JIRA setups and reporting; acting as communication liaison to business owners.
- Shield team from distractions, increase efficiency, resolve blockers and escalations, prioritize work, create and manage work plans for multiple work streams.
- Create executive presentations for management meetings
- Mentor team in creation of SOX processes, procedures, monitoring and documentation
- Mentor team in hybrid agile methodology model with waterfall deadlines, moving from unstructured project activities to organized methodology, testing, deliverables, tracking, compliance and documentation
- Manage multiple matrixed project teams each having 6-10 Business Analyst SMEs, developers and architects as well as 10-20 cross functional business product owners
- Manage multiple concurrent, full SDLC projects in extremely fast-paced and quickly changing environment with complex organizational structure, interfaces and communications
- Multicultural team with locations in India, East Coast and Texas
Confidential, Orange County, CA
Sr. Program and Project Manager
- Senior consultant to large, key Confidential 100 and 200 external offsite clients in HCM resource skills management and Salesforce integrations.
- Responsible for project management for multiple concurrent projects including managing and securing resources and assigning work plan, critical success metrics and cost/benefit definition, project plans and milestone schedules, budget/actuals burn/invoice approval/financials, scope, SOW, SLAs, risks, dependencies and escalations, communication with key stakeholders, team meetings and driving delivery of complex custom software and SFDC.com applications and integrations on Salesforce.com platform.
- Planning and implementation of software release roadmaps for clients to deliver custom software upgrades using Agile/Scrum and waterfall methodologies. Development of working prototypes and proof of concept and presentation to executive management.
- Responsible for managing matrixed teams of business analysts, developers, integration developers, QAs and delivery managers, onshore and offshore and in multiple time zones.
- Development of integration SFDC to Siebel.
- For client’s custom resource HCM skills rating system, system supported skills data management for critical system supporting extremely large employee base globally.
- Managed requirements gathering, documentation, quality plans and code reviews, configuration, testing, bug fixes, performance improvements, change control, implementation/cutover plans, in highly time-critical and complex code environments. High degree of independence and responsibility for project decisions, coordinating with delivery and sales upper management.
- On internal continuous improvement team, improved and obtained cross-department buy-in for PMO process improvements through business process analysis and re-engineering of to improve efficiency and quality of flows between PMO and other departments including resourcing, staffing, onboarding and PMs, sales to delivery handoff and documentation to make PMO processes more uniform/structured/measurable across newly acquired teams.
- Coached project team members to improve adherence to PMO documentation, processes and QA best practices
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager
- For corporate IT PMO, responsible for leading program of concurrent projects including discovery, scoping, roadmap planning, requirements, system development modifications, authentication setups for enterprise identity authentication standardization/federation between internal systems and with external large financial institutions and small and large realty vendors and business partners. Responsible for project financials and budgets/actuals and variance reporting, PMO best practice contributor, risk management, scope, cost/benefit, project plans, milestones, schedules, SOW, estimates, escalations, decommissioning, issue tracking and management of resources and work plan for project team. Participated in the team in Agile concepts. Core team of seven, developers, BAs, architects and larger cross-functional project teams in multiple business units. Liaison to all external business partners to scope and plan multiple complex integrations and their roadmap dependencies and coordinate them with internal system roadmaps. Data conversion for B2E identity management and planning for B2C/B2B. Planning for legal compliance reviews. Internal mortgage system modifications including as-is and to-be process investigations, gap analysis, requirements, project documentation.
- Managed change with internal groups to bring them onto the project’s processes and documentation.
- Smaller concurrent projects. Completed functional in title, mortgage, insurance, trust. Stepped into project underway that had limited project plan and documentation.
- Company is Confidential 100 global leader providing of title insurance and mortgage services, real estate data and home warranty and insurance, trust and international services to the real estate and mortgage industries. MS Windows, MS Project and customized PPM tools, Excel for budgeting and project actuals, Tableau, CapEx/OpEx, Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, most systems .NET, SQL and ORACLE large databases, custom GUIS, ETLs/interfaces
Confidential, Orange County, CA
Sr. IT Program Manager
- Responsible for leading delivery of a program portfolio of projects for multiple external corporate client and government offsite clients as senior PM consultant as well as internal projects for business applications then infrastructure. Applications, DevOps, platform hosting, domain consolidation, mergers and acquisitions. Responsible for program financials and budgets/actuals reporting, EVMS, risks and scope management, SOWs, project estimation, program delivery, project plans, milestones, kickoffs, decommissioning, project resource management and financial chargeback validation, issue tracking and ensuring legal and security compliance reviews. Participated in creation of SLAs, contracts, RFP/RFI for key customers interfacing with internal account management teams. Responsible for, staffing, labor burn and forecasting. Minimal supervision. Managed remote teams of Project Managers, System Engineers, DBAs, Business Analysts, Production Control/Operations resources, Security, Compliance, Audit, internal and external Applications developers, DR, Information Risk Management. Interfaced with client change control boards and executive owners and stakeholders, and corporate Marketing/Sales. Managed internal application development project for Information Risk Management security as a service using internal developers on and offshore.
- Assisted in university recruiting and interviewing. Volunteered as corporate culture values ambassador. Participated in creation of internal PMO processes. Mentored junior application PMs in deliverable creation, PM techniques and presentations and served on committee to review innovation ideas and critique presentations. Presented proposals to external and internal customers.
- Completed in infrastructure concepts, healthcare compliance and concepts and engineering/networking. Managed end of life and release upgrade PLM projects and projects to in corporate acquired entities, and for PLM lifecycle release upgrades, security as a service (application, infrastructure and product management), storage capacity management, infrastructure cost estimation, IT production control improvements for batch processing at data centers, monitoring/scheduling.
- Discovery, requirements and roadmap recommendation for very large, key client to resolve Data/Call Center consolidation support issues and transition to DevOps involving multiple large third party software vendors and internal teams. Team of BAs and developers studied Current state and created To Be proposal for presentation to key executives of the various business divisions and obtained roadmap and funding approval. Best practices for very large batch scheduling/processing on Tivoli software for mission critical systems, onsite and cloud hosting.
- Improvements to very large online system, healthcare enrollment and eligibility portals and databases, security architecture, performance improvement and software asset management involving multiple divisions and multiple software vendors and consulting teams.
- Wide variety of platforms, from virtualization and cloud, IaaS, and PaaS to ORACLE apps, and other third-party packages, custom Java software/portals and backend, to mainframe and others for the wide variety of systems and acquired entities. MS Project, CA Clarity, CA Rally, Excel budgeting, Tableau.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Started as consultant, in process to be hired as employee reporting to enterprise shared services PMO VP and director of IT PMO and during my hire process, the company learned that it had failed an audit and started to close the company. I was brought in to turn around multiple projects that had exceeded schedule and budget. Helped to set up new PMO standard processes and document templates. Managed program of implementation of multiple new projects concurrently: FICO Demand Management DM9 Accounts Receivable collections system including infrastructure setup of call dialer system and custom developed TIBCO interfaces/ETLs to corporate al, Finance/HR systems and external company systems, for Finance departments.
- Managed implementation of new enterprise routing voice and skill IVR telephony workflows and system for Call Centers using Cisco development to reduce customer wait time.
- Managed new ECM enterprise learning/ content management Pearson EQUELLA SaaS document and learning objects repository. Content management system (CMS) SharePoint replacement project including relational database modeling and development and custom Python/Java/XML and ETL interfaces for Academic Affairs, Curriculum Development, Accreditation/Licensing/Marketing /intellectual property.
- Managed discovery for mission critical project to create new IT infrastructure for new al annexes for new vocational programs interfacing with Procurement, Real Estate, Legal, Voice and Data communications vendors, Hardware and software vendors, and supporting Academic and Campus teams for schools throughout U.S.
- Key infrastructure project for new enterprise gateway access for consultants.
- Audited IT PMO projects and created PMO project checklists and artifact templates for PMs, developers and business analysts for project governance to implement best practices and lessons learned. Audited enterprise Data Center infrastructure relocation project PM practices and suggested improvements. Evaluated project management software and suggested improvements to the Innotas PM system in use.
- Managed teams of multiple vendors, infrastructure providers, tech leads, developers, DBAs, security leads, business process leads and business representatives (multiple functions/locations). Hands-on budgeting management including detailed actuals and capital CapEx/OpEx tracking and EVMS; executive reporting; SLA negotiation. Managed vendor activity scope and relationships . Project plans, risks, scope, SOW reviews, task assignments, milestone reviews, escalations, created detail cutover plans and drove to successful implementation, issue tracking and resolution and vendor invoice approvals.
- MS Windows, SQL Server, .NET, front-end web portals, IE, custom Java/XML, TIBCO ETLs, Agile/scrum and waterfall projects, CTH from Platinum Consulting Group
Confidential, Orange County, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager, Senior Consultant
- Senior IT Consultant. Managed IT projects related to company valuation, forecasting, cost analysis, modeling and reporting projects. Translated documentation to Spanish. Efficiency improvement projects.
- Functional business process improvements at metals/logistics company which purchases, transports, processes and resells industrial metal from manufacturers, machine shops, construction, and similar customers. Through Six Sigma analysis made improvements in Payroll, HR, Financials, Executive reporting, Customer Relationship Management, Budgeting, Employee Benefits, Accounting, Safety and Asset management, pricing, operations, logistics. Assisted in stabilization and turnaround for struggling company by leveraging strong business process and quality skills developed in world class organizations. Decreased cost and process steps/cycle time. Trained resources in process improvement techniques.
- MS Windows, Internet Explorer, Excel- and SQL based reporting, MS Access, Dell laptops and local network/PBX
Confidential, Orange County, CA
IT Project Manager
- Overall ownership for concurrent, mission critical projects involving complex interfaces and cross-functional stakeholders including custom Business and Supply Chain Planning/Sales forecasting/Sales Order Management system tied to enterprise content data warehouse analytics and dashboard and other projects. Project planning/implementation functions, charters, project plans, schedules, issue tracking, risk management, SOW, proofs of concept, feasibility/level of effort/business impact and cost estimate projects; presentation to executives to obtain resources/funding; managed teams of 2-4 developers (on and offshore contractors and employees) and multiple business stakeholders per project, communication plans, quality control reviews, budgets, schedules/work plans; SLA creation, liaison to external vendors such as Oracle, business process and gap analysis, gathered requirements, wrote functional specs, reviewed technical specs, managed testing, created cutover plans, oversaw implementation and stabilization.
- Created IT roadmaps, for short, mid and long term and presented to executives to gain funding approval. Researched and documented legacy system architecture diagram including all interfaces for all enterprise systems. Managed program portfolios of multiple projects.
- Managed discovery, requirements and implementation planning for Siebel replacement with Oracle Service and Quality for all global Toshiba laptop Call Centers. Data Analytics Executive Dashboard system with custom data warehouse project for business planning divisions, with custom interfaces. Coordinated cross-functional business teams. Executed Six Sigma projects including creation of Asset Tracking system to support HR, Procurement, Shipping and Receiving and Accounting stakeholders to minimize loss. Created standard project documentation from initial assessment to completion of full SDLC.
- Managed discovery and planning and documented and presented executive budget, roadmap and milestones proposal for upgrade of ORACLE enterprise application suite to release 11.5.8 and 12. Managed testing and cutover phases for Oracle 12 ERP/EBS suite upgrade for Finance/HR/Marketing/Sales/Business Planning/Distribution.
- Managed discovery and feasibility project to onboard Latin America distribution site to Oracle ERP suite and presented business and IT recommendations, cost estimate and roadmap to executives. Mentored developers and junior PMs. Coordinated requirements, workflows, prioritization, issue escalation, change management and scope changes. Completed Six Sigma Black Belt .
- Miscellaneous COTS software RFP/evaluation projects. ORACLE post-implementation performance improvement project for East Coast sites. Liaison to business and other IT groups and to manage negotiations/workload/release content/software evaluations with external vendors such as Oracle Participated in SharePoint document content management evaluation and implementation and SOX planning. Conducted status meetings and requirements gathering/process and gap analysis sessions, created documentation, approved functional specifications.
- Finance/IT/HR/Procurement/Bus Planning/Service functions. ORACLE ERP EBS enterprise apps, supply chain planning, PeopleSoft HR, Windows, IE, web-based portals, custom Unix/Java extensions, data warehouse, Siebel CRM, WebMethods EAI integrations. Custom Java/IBM iSeries/AS400.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
IT Project Manager
- Overall project management ownership of scope, schedule, budget, resources and all full lifecycle project management functions for multiple concurrent projects including corporate-wide IT business process change and development/implementation of Engineering, Content Management, Document Control, Administrative and Distribution system projects for web-based custom-developed standalone and package extensions software for 12 business units/ multiple sites using Engineering/PDM Systems using ORACLE/AGILE EBS PLM/PDM.
- Senior project manager for implementation of mission-critical, highly complex, volatile Beta release Oracle EBS/ERP APS Advanced supply chain planning/forecasting/inventory management system Oracle 11i with custom extensions, including interfaces to other Oracle EBS modules and custom systems (Finance/Engineering/Manufacturing/Distribution/HR/Document Management).
- Four IT System/Business Analyst direct reports and 4 contract developers. Mentored, gave performance appraisals, assisted with objective planning, supervision, coaching, feedback and team building. Conducted IT and business functional status meetings and hands-on sessions for and documented business process analysis and requirements gathering and workflow creation. Recommended business and IT process changes. Created business case justifications and system requirements. Approved functional and technical specifications created by BAs and developers. Created and approved test scenarios/cases/scripts. Liaison to Oracle.
- Hands- on patch research and application. Member of change control board. Managed implementation of Oracle EBS/ERP Agile PLM/PDM (product life cycle management) system for engineering and document management with interfaces to CAD systems and internal extensions/customizations and interfaces to other ORACLE EBS modules. Managed implementation of Oracle interfaces to new Documentum reporting and content management system with customizations for multiple cross-functional departments.
- Managed implementation of web-based custom Oracle extension Agile Supplier portal for engineering suppliers. Drove hands-on design team using JAD/prototyping. Managed feasibility study and implementation of Oracle/Agile Product Cost Management system and Governance and Compliance system for Engineering and Procurement stakeholders.
- Designed and created IT PMO standard documentation templates for system justifications, and functional/technical specifications to ensure IT best practices. Designed and created JIRA IT change request process and workflow and document templates to manage IT workload using structure lifecycle methodology. Received for negotiation of agreements between business units with competing and adversarial objectives. Created and managed overall corporate program for Oracle/Agile PLM enterprise implementation, conducted the kickoff classes, improved and documented and then trained the trainer. Completed in-depth in executive presentations. Participated in Primavera PPM evaluation.
- Multiple sites/business units. IE web-based Oracle EBS ERP/Agile Oracle 8 database/Forms/Reports/JDeveloper, custom external web portals, Sun/Solaris, Unix, Windows 2000/NT, workflow systems, data warehouses