Accomplished, focused, and CISA - certified Program Manager with more than 18 years of experience leading complex, multi-year application development projects. Proven track record in program leadership, project management, budget oversight, team building, risk management, IT auditing, relationship management, and business analysis. Highly adept in risk management best practices and mitigating risk for successful project outcomes. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills enabling effective communication, problem resolution, and collaboration with corporate functions and key stakeholders.
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Team Building
- Risk Management
- Budget Oversight
- Resource Allocation
- Problem Solving
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Program Manager
- Deliver strategic leadership and vision for IT development projects, migrations, and deployment, with full oversight of budget, projects, and resources.
- Collaborate with risk teams and business partners to develop projects aligned with strategic objectives.
- Ensure effective risk management processes and procedures for issue identification and threat model.
- Coach and train development teams to ensure clarity of understanding of the project deliverables.
- Analyze project metrics, performance statistics, resource optimization, and financial forecasts to consistently improve and adjust strategic plans.
- Managed end-to-end program, working directly with the PMO team and the Project Governance Board to ensure that the Project deliverables are met.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams, senior leadership, business partners, and other key stakeholders to achieve program objectives. Oversaw all reporting, communication, monitoring, and auditing functions
- Exceeded client expectations with risk assessment and Threat Model.
- Implemented information security risk governance and control framework that incorporated a consistent, sustainable methodology for responding, tracking, assessing, and documenting assessments.
- Presented best industry practice project reports that were recognized by senior executives.
Program Manager/Senior Project Manager
- Program Management - Leading 3 phase multi-year program to financial reporting using a new reporting tool
- Program & Project Strategy Planning and financial management using CA Clarity.
- Risk Management - Identifying underlying risks, planning mitigation controls and contingency plan creation.
- Involved in the process of preparing Statement of Work and contract creation to secure new and follow-on work
- Ensured that stakeholders, team members, and all other related personnel are aware of their respective responsibilities and duties and are actively involved in the project
- Worked directly with the Project Governance Board to develop methodologies over regulatory requirements like SOX Compliance, OSFI, Basel II, etc
- Managed and controlled Risk Management and Disaster Recovery projects by working with the PMO team.
- Managed day to day reporting and communication between project teams. Managed teams geographically located.
- Development of roadmap and IT strategy for modernization and migration of legacy applications.
- Tracked project milestones and deliverables by maintaining day to day status updates with the teams involved.
- Revenue & Budget management for entire onsite account.
- Resource Management including recruiting and on-boarding of skilled resources
- Identified the need for new processes and implementing them.
- Managed application development projects right from project initiation sessions, gathering and documenting business needs, developing technical requirements, ensuring approvals for all requirements.
- Directed and managed multiple application development & maintenance projects in SDLC Methodology.
- Developed Project Plans using tools such as MS Project and manage associated communication documents using SharePoint repository and ensure sign-offs
- Planed and tracked project timelines and milestones.
- Ensured smooth onshore and offshore coordination.
- Managed s and workshops for team members.
- Participate and coordinate for ISO 27K and Information Security audits.
- Implemented more than 100 end-to-end projects for company.
- Recognized for maintaining budget variances below threshold levels.
- Completed high profile projects with no failures in first attempt.
- Built risk culture by mentoring teams and delivering workshops for information security awareness.
- Created scorecards & dashboards for all Amex Directors, VPs and SVPs within the portfolio.
- Coached team members in use of Project Management, SDLC processes, and documentation.
- Delivered expertise in credit card domain as consultant to multiple projects.
- Experience working in Clarity.