- CISP, PCI Requirements, Management, Accounting, Finance, Business, Group
- Facilitation, Change Management, Conflict Resolution, ITIL, ITSMCMM/CMML, SDLC, Waterfall & Agile Training. Release ManagementPMP/PMI pending.
- Basic electronics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and various hardware schools. These courses included basic engineering design, circuitssynchros, applied mechanics and electrical theory.
- Windows, desktops and servers, Active Directory, SQL ServersProxy servers, SCCM, MS Office, UNIX, Linux, mainframe, midrangeAccess, MS Visio, MS Project, Project Server, SharePoint, Planview Changepoint, Clarity, AtTask, ServiceNow, BigFix, Introscope & Splunk
- Cisco routers and switches including several protocols and topologiesCisco Network Security. HP, Dell & IBM hardware, Novell, SAPJD Edwards, Oracle, Remedy, Clarity, MS Exchange/OutlookLotus Notes Mail.
Sr. Program/Project Manager
- Program Manager for a newly reorganized internal group at Confidential called the New Modernization Practice for modernizing legacy systems. This includes overseeing other Project and Product Managers and keeping them on task and meeting their deadlines.
- Program/Project Manager for the Modernization Delivery Team. Oversee and work on individual hardware and software legacy upgrades at various clients. In the dual role, I create and review project plans, budgets (Fixed and Time & Material), Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), ROIs and other assorted project artifacts.
- Perform vendor management including interviewing and evaluating prospective vendors as well as managing approved vendors on projects.
- Gather data on service calls from the helpdesk regarding upgrades, tools used and client in issues to find trends and work to resolve them. Data is also used to try and be proactive and avert risks and issues before they become problems.
- Utilize several project and development methodologies such as PMI, Six Sigma, Waterfall and Agile to keep projects on track & on budget.
Sr. Project Manager
Confidential, Rochester, MN
- Business and development PM for the total automation of the insurance exchange process related to the Affordable Care Act ( Confidential ). This was a large $1.5m project that encompassed those buying insurance on their own as well as those receiving government assistance through Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS). Twelve complicated processes were taken from paper and manual work and fully automated and data warehouses were also created.
- Development PM for the Federally Facilitated Exchange Regulations ( Confidential Regs) project. Regulations from CMS change constantly requiring new and current Information Technology assisted processes to be automated. This project was received in July from CMS with a government with a mandate to be completed by 10/31/16. Was able to complete by 10/14/16 and under budget.
- Business and development PM for the Business and Insurance project. This was a $100k web project where web performance and user satisfaction for billing and insurance was measured. Working closely with the financial team at Confidential ; user billing problems concerning the web were identified and corrected to ensure an easy process for patients to pay bills, discuss insurance coverage, obtain financial information and work with the Billing team. Completed on time and budget.
- Business and IT PM for the $800k Google Big Query project. Confidential chose Google’s Big Query to tool to enhance data analytics for such things as measuring where users are looking, tracks their movement as they go to different pages and how many of these users continue on to schedule appointments. This covered not only regular patient areas but other Confidential offerings such as Wellness, Sports Medicine and Community Health Care. The project was completed on 12/31/16 on time and budget.
- Business and development PM and Product Manager for a new offering from Confidential, the Community Health Care Collaborative (CHC). This was a new type of service that worked with what is known as “rising risk” patients to help them avoid become critical care patients and help medical practices move away from fee for service and increase their revenues. A data warehouse was created and the analytics team was brought in to assess data and make recommendations The $500k project completed its first phase on time and budget.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Sr. Project/Program Manager
- Business and IT PM for a program that contracted and credentialed health care professionals at Confidential ’s Local Care Delivery ( Confidential ) units throughout the U.S and international clients. This included gathering all business and technical requirements, evaluating and choosing a vendor, setting up new hardware and converting data. Additional work such a coordination of all testing including performance and penetration and Disaster Recovery analysis was also covered.
- PM for additional Confidential work in the Confidential RX area. With the acquisition of Catamaran there was work to align clinics, labs, pharmacies, medical treatment data and other areas to enhance the patient experience though data analytics and clinical synchronization.
- Business and IT PM for the Facets project. New market acquisitions needed to be brought onto Confidential Facets Claims/Billing platform requiring new hardware, system conversions, training and data conversions.
- Methodologies for the projects included PMI, Agile and Waterfall.
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr. Project Manager
- PM for the OS upgrade from Windows XP to Win 7 on 22,000 computers at 50 clinics & 7 hospitals. This included an inventory process, development of almost 1000 applications for Win 7, use of Microsoft SCCM for running the migrations/tracking and engagement with all departments, managers, doctors, nurses etc. at the clinics and hospital.
- Above project also had a security project added to it as Fairview is correcting and tightening up its security practices including enhanced passwords, elimination of “C” drive access and more restrictions on wireless connections & remote access.
- I was also the operations manager for the Command & Dispatch Centers which performed the migrations and all follow up work such as application installations, printer/scanner setups, customer training and call center type issues. All of this included engaging and coordinating with the business lines to ensure a smooth transition with no disruptions to customers and patients.
- PM for the Patient Portal project which allowed patients’ ability to see records, schedule appointments, enhanced identity management & expanded electronic records availability at Hospitals & clinics.
- PM for the Zipnosis project which allows patients to receive an outpatient diagnosis on line. Laid the ground work for ZipTicket & ZipVideo.
- Both of the above projects required extensive work with front & back end applications such as My Health/My Chart & Epic as well as Identity Management and IT Security and managing the contractors who provided the initial setup and support.
- PM for the infrastructure piece of the EPIC upgrade. Coordinated & managed all efforts for servers, PCs & printers including budget, ordering, setup, testing & go - live implementation at 7 hospitals
- PM for the Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity piece of EPIC for all Fairview hospitals. This included ordering, coordinating & implementing all hardware for DR/BC as well as coordinating with back & front end systems & developers.
Confidential, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Worked extensively on projects involving IBM SOA on back and front ends and as Release manager for other SOA projects. New applications acquired during mergers had to be carefully integrated to Confidential ’s other applications, databases and infrastructure. Managed and coordinated SIT, UAT and Performance testing. Work included testing from several service layers, testing to mainframe, calling data from the mainframe and databases.
- Worked with application and Cisco teams to address hardware and software issues in the various network layers.
- Managed the performance and QA testing of a major portal project where 1.5m new users were added to the enterprise Consumer Portal.
- As a Program Manager I handled many projects involving portal testing. This included several levels of testing for Consumer, Employer, Provider and Agent portals.
- Teamed with Data Center Migration project for testing of all impacted hardware and applications. Testing included load balancing, bandwidth and performance of hardware and software.
- Other projects included upgrades to existing applications, Federal and State mandates and business expansion.
- All projects included coordination and interaction with the business lines, other programs/projects, the infrastructure teams and overseas personnel.
Confidential, Edina, Minnesota
Sr. Program/Project Manager
- As a Program Manager I set up an SAP application upgrade project including the plan, schedule, kickoff, engagements, documentation, etc.
- After everything was set up I trained mangers to assume project leadership.
- Set up the test plan and schedule for SAP upgrade testing.
- Project manager for an infrastructure upgrade for financial applications.
Confidential, Eagan, Minnesota
Sr. Program/Project Manager
- Managed several customer, eCommerce and web based software upgrade and application interface projects such as new membership, individual renewal, Medicare and claims. These projects all included updating IT security, firewalls, web & eCommerce application updates included putting in a new portal and landing page for a major new client.
- Successfully drove through the new customer/new portal project. This was a pilot program with two new customers and led to the addition of 2 and anticipation of 30+ over three years. Worked with the customer, portfolio managers, vendors, the business line, finance, IT and IT security, here as well as overseas.
- Analyzed technical and business processes, issues and risks so as to present solutions and corrections.
- Interfaced with many business lines within BCBS as well as executives in IT & the business side.
- Ensured projects adhere to regulatory and security rules such as HIPAA, PCI, SOX as well as new and pending health care reform requirements.
- Utilized several project and development methodologies such as PMI, Six Sigma, Waterfall and Agile to keep projects on track & on budget.
Confidential, St Paul, Minnesota
Technical Project Manager
- Managed several Information Security projects in order to meet audit, PCI, SOX and Federal banking requirements. Projects included security upgrades, Cisco security upgrades, new acquisitions, password management tools and application upgrades.
- Ran the enterprise end user PC upgrade and deployment of PCs. This project was done in conjunction with the security team to eliminate risks associated with users logging in remotely. This included new firewall installations and encryption.
- Successfully ran a major upgrade for a contact with the US government. This included all new hardware, upgrading of applications and creating a new portal and customer facing page as well as updating security features and the Disaster Recovery plan.
- Maintained and tracked budgets for all of my projects. Created capital requests, purchase orders and ensured the projects stayed on budget.
- Asked to take on projects in danger of failure. Assumed responsibility and was able to take three projects and put them on track and on the road to completion as well as coordinate them with the data center migration project.
- Utilized several tools and methodologies such as PMP, Clarity, SDLC and Six Sigma.
Confidential, Plymouth, Minnesota
- Program Coordinator & Manager for eleven projects involving several different contractors in the program covering the data center migration including Cisco networks, telephony (IPT/VoIP/IVR), voice, cabling, servers, applications, end users, architecture & security, vendor management and Disaster Recovery.
- Ensured that all dependencies were captured so all deadlines were met by every group with no gaps or project slippage.
- Maintained the Integrated Project Plan, ensured all eleven project plans were updated and coordinated with the IPP and ensure everyone was working to the plans.
- Created and maintained the Change Control Board, Risks/Issues and status reports.
- Made presentations on the reports to upper management.
Confidential, Eagan, Minnesota
Senior Program Manager/Project Manager
- Assembled a project team and prepared 180 applications for disaster recovery. Aspects of the project were hardware retrofit and upgrades to UNIX and Windows devices as well as the software operating systems, data storage/warehouse, wireless LAN, Cisco network & security as well as the design and set up of the fail over data center and the managing of the various contractors. Also included were software and middleware and application interface development & upgrades. Several types of business applications were involved including finance, HR, customer products and services.
- Ran the Data Storage/Warehouse project where all local storage was converted to SAN/NAS. This included the purchase & installation of storage racks & the migration of data so it could be centrally warehoused & used for reporting and analysis.
- As follow up to the DR project I also managed projects for the Business Continuity process being developed at USPS. This included planning for disasters, testing plans for the event of a disaster & scheduled testing of applications on an on-going basis.
- Heavy emphasis was placed on security regarding credit card data & PCI requirements in transition during the recovery process.
- Program Manager for the conversion from UNIX to Linux encompassing hardware infrastructure which included the data center upgrade, system upgrades, software development/upgrades all the while ensuring the preceding items followed SOX requirements.
- Reported on progress and issues to senior and executive management.
- Requested by the senior manager to introduce and setup a formal standardized Program/Project management office where I developed common PMI practices such as processes, documentation, risk assessment & management, issue resolution, resource management, change management, vendor management, budgeting, tracking, timelines and accountability. The use of Agile was also explored and introduced for projects.
- Conducted performance evaluations and reviews for staff.
Confidential, Edina, Minnesota
Senior Project Manager/Program Manager
- Managed the IBM Rational ClearCase source code development project to investigate performance issues and recommend solutions. These solutions saved the bank additional dollars and led to improvements.
- Worked on the TIBCO server consolidation. This included the consolidation and enhanced performance of servers, applications; system messaging and system fail over.
- Finalized the year long RTT Clarity application project for TOS. This project required new infrastructure and creative ways in design to hold down costs. Project deadline was jeopardized but I worked with senior management and was able to keep the project on track.
- Directed the project for a last minute audit for credit card handling & PCI requirements as part of an upcoming government contract being awarded to the bank.
Confidential, Schaumburg, Illinois
Senior Manager/Program Manager
- Devised, gathered and analyzed various types of technical data from the Data Warehouse group and used the information gathered to start projects.
- Devised methods to show IT’s value to business by measuring and quantifying IT hidden costs and services such as expertise, knowledgebase, physical and logical architecture, hardware and software efficiency, license management and immediate resolution of problems.
- Identified and devised production and productivity metrics for IT groups that are difficult to quantify such as application groups that act as consultants or subject matter experts for the company.