Detail - oriented, result driven PMP and Agile certified Project/Program manager with over 15 years of experience. Excellent track record of consistently delivering complex programs and projects on time and within budget. Highly experienced in successfully meeting milestones and leading a wide array of cross-functional and geographically dispersed resources to bring significant improvements in processes towards the successful attainment of goals
EXPERTISE & CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Program & Portfolio Management
- Resource forecasting and capacity planning
- Business Analysis
- Vendor Management
- PMO development & management
- Process Analysis and Redesign
- Risk and Scope Management
- Agile Coach/Scrum Master
- Product Management
- Metrics and KPI Measurement
- Strategic Planning and Development
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Software & Application Support
Methodologies: PMI/Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), Agile - Scrum, Kanban, SDLC, Waterfall, CMMI Level 3, RUP, Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK)
Software Applications: Visio, MS Project, SQL, Access, TFS, Jira, Confluence, Balsamiq for Mockups, Requisite Pro, Test Manager, Visual Studio, Version One, Clarity, PM Central, Team Forge, Base Camp
Senior Project Manager/CFIA Program Mgr
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
- Provide leadership and vision for the management and execution of large-scale multiphase projects within the delivery of Clinical Informatics Programs portfolio with responsibilities to include strategy & roadmap definition efforts, planning, facilitation, organization, technical coordination, and tracking activities
- Development of short-term & long-term roadmap/project plan of the program and developed business cases to support strategic vision/direction as necessary
- Responsible for the delivery of projects and maintaining project quality and focus; to include the development of project plans within the standards of project management methodologies detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks, establishing project governance
- Deliver on client engagements which includes driving milestone meetings, customizing and developing new content, and ensuring high levels of impact and client satisfaction with the services rendered
- Developed governance documents, detailed project plans, resource plans, budget and status reports for IT Executive\Steering committee meetings with VP's and Leadership team
- Organized and facilitated project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings
- Tracked and effectively communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress to all affected teams and management.
- Conducted phase gate reviews, and regular review of project documents, schedules, risks, and issues for all project managers in group to ensure project quality
- Managed all aspects of a program such as Delivery management, Stakeholder and Relationship management and Financials amongst others
- Planned, organized, coordinated, monitored, controlled, drove, executed and delivered several IT projects concurrently
- Identified, tracked and managed projects' crucial decisions, risks, issues and team action records to meet deadlines
- Collaborated with key stakeholders in cross-functional organizations such as business, technology, change management and implementation to support corporate change initiatives impacting several functions and processes
- Lead all aspects of the project lifecycle from initiation and charter to evaluation and post mortem, including change and risk management.
Senior Agile Project Manager/PMO Lead
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Managed the Multifamily Business Unit PMO leading processes and practices such as budget management, Governance, Change and Release Management, demand management and Project Portfolio Management process amongst others
- Worked with Technology Leads and Product Managers to develop informed IT business cases and cost estimates for initiatives; identify and analyze resource options and alternatives; and identify potential tradeoffs to support Business Unit decision making
- Develop clear and compelling roadmaps and priorities for each product, and supported proposed strategies with detailed business case analysis for new products and product enhancements
- Responsible for creating project proposal with initial product requirement specifications and other supporting documents and presenting to Technology Executives to secure funding for high-profile projects (due to high budget); following project approval, trended and analyzed performance and financial data, and presented routine status reports to management from initiation through deployment
- Managed financial forecasts and provided ongoing reconciliation of resources allocated across multiple projects,
- Lead multiple projects end to end, consulting with business stakeholders and reviewing project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Created and maintained portfolio, roadmaps, strategic vision, project charters, project plans, dashboard and various other Program/portfolio artifacts and governance
- Management of Product Operations Support team (Offshore and Onshore) to include development and governance of team processes, facilitation of Kanban daily stands ups, metrics management and issue escalations amongst others
- Responsible for hiring and managing staffing requirements in line with project objectives; managed third-party vendor agreements; coordinate and conduct post-implementation reviews of projects with Project Managers
- Tracked the IT budget and incorporated time and budget capture into appropriate tools for enterprise reporting and review
- Lead demand management and prioritization meetings with leaders from Technology, Client Services, Product and Sales teams
- Developed and provided metrics to measure process quality and productivity, providing meaningful feedback to technology and business teams
- Managed and coached direct reports to drive optimal performance, including balancing program scope, schedule, and quality between the Project demands and resources.
- Release Manager for Multifamily Business unit with tasks to include completion and submission of all change request forms and supporting documents, ensuring that all checks have been met and getting all required signoffs and serving as CAB lead
- Liaised with Product Management leadership on various product planning activities to include roadmap planning, release planning, new project inception and approval and various other activities.
- Guide teams in the adoption of Agile software development practices (writing user stories, release schedules and integration planning, scrum meetings, velocity and capacity planning, authoring process and governance documentation for team use and training teams on new processes.
Manager, Technology Delivery
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Lead a team of project managers and Business Analysts to drive and deliver cross-functional programs that contribute to the company’s technology product portfolios, including hardware, software, cloud services amongst others
- Tracked and managed program schedule and upstream and downstream dependencies; analyzing the actual performance against the plan and making adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Directed cross-organizational program teams through project lifecycle from initiation to project execution, including executive approval and multiple demand management processes
- Directed overall project team activities while monitoring progress, including project health, capacity planning, developing and mentoring staff and internal process improvement activities
- Completing tasks related to documenting and managing all requirements throughout the development life cycle including researching system/business needs, documenting requirements, defining scope, formulating processes and configuring systems to deliver on overall business strategies.
- Worked cross functionally to ensure successful adoption and creation of business process designs and business analysis artifacts (Process Flows, BRDs, Use Cases, User Stories, standard tools, and methodologies)
- Developed management reports, gathering data and providing recommendations to leadership team
- Provided ongoing monitoring of all projects within the portfolio, including the tracking of budgets, resource plans, project & portfolio dependencies, management of key risks and issues at a program and portfolio level
- Analyzed market opportunity and customers’ needs to create product line vision, roadmap, and define packaging and pricing for new ACO offerings. Worked with technology, marketing and sales teams on product development, Go-to-Market strategy, messaging, and train/support sales
- Liaised with other business units to manage product roadmaps, requirements, release schedules, training, documentation and support.
- As Scrum master ran daily stand-ups, customer status meetings, requirements gathering meetings, retrospectives, defect triage, backlog grooming, estimation meetings and facilitate development meetings amongst other tasks
- As Product Owner, created user stories with concise acceptance criteria, lead grooming sessions with team, managed and prioritizes product backlog, collaborated with team on UI designs and responsible for signoff
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Partnered with External Clients and Internal Teams to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for WITS - a multi module EHR application designed to capture substance abuse and mental health prevention & treatment data and satisfy mandatory government reporting requirements for the planning, administration, and monitoring of Inpatient and Outpatient Behavioral Health Programs
- Worked with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the application.
- Created User Stories, Business Process Diagrams and Use Case(s) following Agile methodology and also utilized business analysis techniques like Interface Analysis, GAP Analysis, Data Analysis, Business Process Modelling and SWOT Analysis to convey requirements
- Responsible for creating and maintaining business requirements, prototypes, mock-ups, and definitions for new and existing product offerings along with managing the product backlog and the prioritization features/functionality and defects for existing products or services.
- Provided project leadership and Account Management oversight for assigned state agencies with responsibilities to include planning, design, implementation and support of their application, Client relationship management, UAT facilitation and testing and issue management amongst others
- Consulted with clients to identify key requirements; defined project scope; facilitated requirement gathering sessions to perform needs analysis; generate statement of work; and ensure on-time and in-budget completion of all project deadlines