- Versatile, reliable and outcome focused professional with over fifteen years of proven experience in program, project and quality management coupled with extensive leadership and continuous process improvement experience.
- Managed budgets over $300 million per annum and had financial responsibility for a $120M major program and associated subprograms.
- Coordinated the planning and delivery efforts of over 300 people to achieve a nation - wide organization's objectives.
- Led countless organizational development efforts and technology initiatives resulting in reduced process cycle times, improved organizational effectiveness, cost reductions and increased profitability and top line revenue.
- Author of numerous articles on project management and process improvement published on Projectmanagement.com.
- Change Agent who develops and inspires people and leverages processes and technology to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Implemented best practices in Project Management methodologies in numerous organizations to successfully achieve organizational goals and outcomes.
Senior Program Manager
- Staffed, resourced and led a team of over twenty professionals in the successful delivery of hybrid cloud services, data migration services, agile development efforts and system authorization and accreditation services for a Confidential Corps modernization effort using Appian as the Business Process Modeling enterprise platform as a service
- Managed cross-functional teams across the full business, project and technology lifecycles from proposals, scoping, scheduling, resourcing, initiating, planning, executing, quality control, site surveying, supervising subcontractors, procurements, budgeting, invoicing to client relations
Senior Program Manager
- Independently reviewed large, complex, technology proposals, programs and projects (cloud, infrastructure, application services, security services, operations & sustainment, enterprise modernization, managed services) to proactively reduce risk and improve margins and delivery performance
- Remediated materially impaired projects and programs as a co-owner with the business unit to increase margins, performance and client satisfaction and reduce negative risks
- Improved margins by $3.2M annually on a managed services program through Lean Six Sigma methods
Director, Worldwide Project Quality Office
- Led the Federal Project Quality Office and augmented non-Federal engagements, $1B+ portfolio, as an independent organization chartered as the key quality advisor on deal structures, risk management, project performance and continuous process improvement initiatives
- Revealed value-added client feedback to the engagement teams to improve engagement performance, client satisfaction and renewal positioning
- Improved Defense and Intelligence Group Risk Management practices through risk management process and providing best practices templates resulting in significant reduction of project risks
- Coached project managers in creating and managing multiple project plans, conducting research and analysis, managing and optimizing scope, schedule, resources, cost/margins, quality and client relationships, hiring, and development of staff, developing, implementing and achieving SLA’s, creating and managing a PMO to track and report program performance and continuously optimize processes to improve margins, operational performance and client satisfaction
- Led diverse teams ranging in size from 5 - 120 in Architecture, Systems Engineering, Application Development, Field Services, Service Desks, Call Centers, Network Monitoring, Security Incident Response, Operations & Sustainment and Business Management Support and leveraging Lean Six Sigma and continuous process improvement methodologies
- These roles included coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse cross-functional teams, contractors and stakeholders to deliver high quality information systems projects on time and well within budget, managing the full life cycle of program management activities and project management from initiating to closing with quality deliverables achieved at each staged control review and overseeing the financial, operational, administrative, and human resources management of multiple programs and projects as well as staff development and creating a positive work environment
- Led over 130+ people, full-time staff and five subcontractors providing daily technical and professional guidance and leadership
- Managed and grew a $15M+ per annum IT Infrastructure Program in a large Confidential - Confidential and served as the principal point of contact and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters
- Led the program to achieve the modernization and consolidation of all service areas: messaging, directory services, desktop support, service desk, servers and networks from multiple environments into one common operating environment of over 10K users nation-wide - on time and within budget
- Leveraged Six Sigma and CMMI models to continuously improve service delivery and of major milestones
Chief, Program Management Division
- Led over 20+ Project Managers to develop and deliver over 40+ information technology projects ranging from national-wide server modernization and consolidation to upgrading legacy Windows environment to web application development and implementation on time, within budget and as scoped to meet the business needs throughout the enterprise consisting of five strategic business units in five locations throughout the United States
- Provided oversight of the System Development Life Cycle and associated methodologies and processes as well as CIO contracts, contractors and vendors to ensure delivery of quality and continuously improving outcomes
- Tracked, monitored and evaluated all costs associated with projects and programs to include preparation of Capital Planning and Investment Control ( Confidential ) and OMB mandated (Exhibit 300’s) financial reporting metrics to support various enterprise-wide programs
- Developed technical proposals, business cases, return on investments, risk assessments and project plans including establishing objectives, justifications, schedules, milestones and resource requirements
- Mentored staff to individual performance excellence - collaboratively and proactively executed project assessments to include measuring customer satisfaction, monitoring and measuring project development and integration and defining and selecting effective performance measures to ensure the mission need is met
- Key player and contributor in CIO IT Governance Processes of Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture and IT Capital Planning ( Confidential )
- Key leader in evaluating CMMI, COBIT, OPM3 and ITIL organizational maturity models for implementation throughout the headquarters and five major field sites
Program Manager/Senior Project Manager/Consultant
- Managed transition for enterprise-wide implementation of a managed services model for over 7,000 mobile and wireless devices This includes wireless strategy, provisioning, configuration and staging, deployment, rate and carrier service negotiations, asset management, procurement, technical and program support, billing and rate plan optimization as well as the development and implementation of SLA’s to measure the key program elements including a nation-wide help desk and desktop/deskside support
- Led a team to create a disaster recovery plan to ensure continuity of operations for a 16,000+ seat environment leveraging wireless technology
- Served as the Project Manager for the implementation and testing of Business Objects, a Business Intelligence tool, for Confidential Regions nation-wide
- Served as Project Manager supporting the Department of the Confidential Human Resources Operations Center to implement a single Time and Attendance system for the Confidential Efforts which included system requirements identification and creation of configuration, change and release management processes
- Initiated corporate instruction on Project Management Methodologies and a mentoring program for PMP candidates
- Provided contract and acquisition support as a Senior Program Consultant on Federal Technology Service/Information Technology Solutions, General Services Administration (FTS/ITS/GSA) enterprise-wide technology modernization project for Regional and National Programs
Senior Project Manager/Senior Consultant
- Provided project management of scope identification and management, scheduling and resource management for a Telecommunications Product Company to staff technical implementation teams
- Researched and engaged optimal advertising channels, managed multiple sub-contractors and created best-practice processes for the full life cycle of recruiting
- Provided consulting service to create orientation, retention and programs
- Engaged in strategic sales and marketing initiatives
- Initiated and led a team from initial requirements gathering to deployment and maintenance of a Knowledge Management Central Repository
- Facilitated delivery of corporate-wide live Internet-based and development briefs
- Assisted in the design, requirements gathering and implementation of a Regional Development Center web site
- Gathered and managed requirements and created implementation team documentation for a data warehousing solution
- Identified, cataloged and managed requirements and provided quality assurance support for a web based call center solution
- Implemented Project Management and Quality Testing Methodologies to support the Software Development Life-cycle and increase organizational Capability Maturity Model Level
Executive Staff Director
- Led a team of 20 people and coordinated the delivery efforts of over 300 personnel in project management, marketing and advertising, organizational development,, recruiting operations, legal and R&D
- Interfaced daily with the highest levels of the Confidential, all armed forces branches and private sector to include and development, market research, advertising and information technology executives and multiple contractors to implement programs, policies and solutions
- Key player in developing an Enterprise Resource Planning Solution and strategic information technology vision for over 6,000 users nationwide
- Designed and implemented a software application to improve organizational communications by providing performance feedback to 31 field organizations reduced time on this task by 90 percent