Senior IT professional with program, project and development management eroejct xperience in large scale, enterprise wide, mission - critical applications. Has managed PMO, development, QA and business analysis groups. Has managed several major programs and projects which utilized cross functional teams spread across multiple geographical locations. Background in Big 4 consulting, software vendor companies as well as Fortune 500 companies. Technical expertise in mainframe, client-server, Oracle and SQL based databases and web/J2EE technologies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- PMO, Program and project management
- Application development/System Integration
- Custody, Investment/Wealth management
- Software methodologies (Agile,RUP,SDLC,CMMI)
- Projects across multiple geographies
- Data Warehousing/ Business Intelligence
- Offshore development management
- Oracle RDBMS/J2EE/Web technologies
Sr. Project Manager
- Currently managing a large project for replacement of a Loan Origination System (LOS) using a public cloud based solution on Salesforce.com platform.
- This encompasses business process re-engineering, workflow systems, Oracle based data marts and reporting. Combination of waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies is being used.
- 1st phase of the project has been implemented and 2nd phase is in progress. Total budget responsible is ~ $30MM.
- Program manager for a large multi-year program related to build out of a Data Warehouse and business intelligence to comply with Basel banking regulations.
- Underlying technologies included Cloud based applications, Oracle Exadata, Informatica ETL and SAP Business Objects. Program budget managed was ~$18MM.
- Managed multiple work streams of data integration, work flow and reporting of a large enterprise critical multi-year program. Program implemented significant upgrades to loan/collateral processing workflow management, document management and reporting for multiple lending departments. Managed yearly budget of about $5MM.
Sr. Project Manager
- Implementing program/project governance best practices for cost/budget management, application development, vendor management and testing.
- Adhering to all applicable Confidential 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines for electronic records, systems development and computer systems validation.
- Projects included a Data warehouse/Business Intelligence application of clinical trials, a statistical projections application, a client web portal application and a web trials scheduling application. 2 of the projects used Agile/Scrum based processes.
Program Manager/Vice President
- Supporting pre-sales process including RFP responses, contract negotiations and SOW preparations.
- Managing product implementation as well as building custom functionality for external customers.
- Managing full lifecycle of large scale strategic projects and software releases from concept stage to implementation. Implementing standards, procedures and best practices for PMO processes, program and project management, resource management and release process. Included implementation of HP PPM portfolio management tool.
- Program manager in charge of a large custom development/implementation project to provide portfolio performance reporting to financial advisors and wealth management clients for a premier brokerage firm (Charles Schwab & Co). Application was also integrated with the brokerage firm’s public internet site. Implementation work included building a Data warehouse and providing Business intelligence solution on top. Integration of data across multiple systems, 7 years of historical data conversion/mapping/ aggregation, developing custom analytical reports, and building real time disaster recovery infrastructure was in scope. Total budget managed was ~$6MM.
- Managed a large integration/implementation program to migrate and integrate wealth reporting data, applications and processes for use by more than 400 client institutions. Major clients included Citi Group, JP Morgan Chase, MetLife Insurance, E*Trade and Credit Suisse First Boston. Coordinating work streams across cross-functional teams of resources from sales, product management, business analysis, architecture, development, QA, infrastructure, client support and operations groups as well as third-party vendors. Some groups are geographically distributed across multiple locations in US and also offshore in India.
- Other programs/Projects managed included fixed income analytics, money manager performance reporting, web services enhancements, large custom client project implementations, as well as developing new architectures and product offerings such as web integrations into partner sites, data mart delivery and data aggregation from 3rd party sources.
Head of PMO & QA
- Resource management, mentoring and overseeing work of a team of project managers, QA managers and staff.
- Was on the steering committee for evaluation, selection and implementation of a new portfolio management tool. HP PPM was chosen and was then responsible for implementing it for 2 departments.
- Establishing standards, procedures, best practices guidelines for portfolio/program/project and resource management, system development lifecycle, quality assurance and testing. Represented print division on the team implementing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Managed implementation of a major upgrade to a critical news editorial and pagination system which is used for editing and composing of The Wall Street Journal across multiple locations in US, Europe and Asia. Effort included application and infrastructure installation, vendor application integration management, user rollout, and support.
- Managing / overseeing enhancement and refinement of an Advertising Data warehouse built on Oracle/SQL database. Work included data validation, data warehouse development and Business Intelligence including rollout of OLAP reporting using Cognos tools.
- Oversaw implementation and roll out of Salesforce.com CRM solution for all the sales staff of Confidential .
- Was also responsible for new end-to-end classified enterprise advertising solution and managed scoping, requirements development, RFI/RFP creation, and vendor solution selection.
- As QA head was responsible for managing test infrastructure, overseeing application testing, change management and user acceptance.
Consulting Project Manager
- Mortgage products pricing: pricing algorithms for different types of mortgage products including fixed rate mortgages, Jumbo mortgages and variables rate mortgages.
- Interest rate risk hedging: for mortgage portfolio, hedging of credit risk using other securities products.
- Variable compensation payments for mortgage sales agents.
Development and Project Manager
- End-to-end project management of projects related to public records search for mortgage/title insurance industry.
- Architecture (using J2EE design patterns, JMS messaging, log4J, Struts/Tiles, EJB, etc.), design, development and deployment of applications related to order entry, order processing and order fulfillment on J2EE platform and exposing interfaces as Web services.
- Providing project management and technical expertise and establishing project management best practices and methodologies. Implementing RUP based (use case driven, iterative) OO-development and testing methodologies.
Senior Project Manager
- End-to-end project management of client engagements including business analysis, architecture/design/ development, QA/testing and deployment.
- Primary business area of focus was Financial Credit Risk and Market Risk.
- Managing large-scale projects from inception through completion in PMO and non-PMO settings.
- Analyzing client project needs and prepare project proposals with time, budget and resource estimates, response to RFPs, creation of RFI/RFP for other third-party vendors.