Entrepreneurial, highly technical IT Leader with 24+ years of experience catalyzing rapid organizational growth through development of sophisticated business strategies. Proven record of impactful performance in guiding both private and government organizations to unprecedented technical proficiencies. Articulate, change - adaptive leader of multidisciplinary teams, enterprise-wide implementations and transformative policies. Experienced manager who has successfully overseen both business and technical aspects of major IT projects.
Hardware: Servers (Hewlett Packard, Compaq, Dell, Sun Sparcs, IBM Netfinity, RISC 6000); IBM PC's and compatibles; CISCO 2500's-2900’s-4000's-7200's-7500's; Marconi ASX 1200’s, ESR 5000’s, NSX 9500
OS: Windows NT/2000/XP/ 2003/2008/2010/2012 , Novell, Solaris, HP UX, IBM AIX. RHEL 5.x - 7.x
Network Management Tools: ManageWise, HP OpenView, NETIQ, Splunk, BigFix, Nagios
Project Management/Design Tool Sets: MS Project/Server, VISIO, NetViz, PVCS Version Manager
Other Applications: AWS, MS Azure, VMWare, Hyper-V, MS SharePoint, MS Team Foundation Server, MS Exchange, Novell GroupWise, Symantec Enterprise Firewall 7.0 (Raptor), Juniper, Oracle, MS SQL, ASP.Net, AJAX, MS Outlook, MS Lync, VERITAS, Arcserve, Ecora, Hummingbird NFS Maestro, IBM E-Commerce, Citrix, WebEx, Blackberry, SMS, WordPerfect, MS Office, McAfee and Vantive Help Desk Software, Peregrine Service Center, Remedy Help Desk Software, ServiceNow, PeopleSoft, COGNOS, Hyperion, Business Objects, CA Clarity and Primavera, IBM Rational/Unicom System Architect, NCR Point of Sale/Counterpoint, PFPA PINS, Bentley Suites (ProjectWise)
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Program Manager
- Provide support to Confidential which is a division of the Department of Health & Human Services which is comprised of 20 offices including the Office of Regional Operations, which represents 10 regional offices around the country.
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports (EVM) to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative.
- Provide overall direction of program activities, to include On Prem to AWS Cloud Migration, operation and maintenance environment of over 70 systems / applications that are hosted on approx. 300 (Windows or Linux) servers, over 100 databases, NetApp SAN, Hyper V/VMware.
- Manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization.
- Consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Managed approx. 50 personnel (Prime & sub-contractors) and achieved personnel & Continual Service Improvements (CSI) (greatly exceeded Customer Satisfaction Surveys rate of response and outcomes) in less than 4 months.
- Develop and Execute procedures required to manage the projects associated with a performance based, managed IT services program.
- Oversee the analysis, design, execution and support of all assigned projects, including planning and budgets
- Employ standardized project management methodology to guide all projects in a consistent, organized and reliable manner.
- Manage all SLAs.
- Identify new service requirements or technologies and provide assistance in the preparation of supporting technical documentation to evaluate, test, and integrate into the office system environment.
- Develop a plan for facilities management services in which integration, administration and Help Desk support must be performed, and Operations services in which integration, administration and support must be performed.
- Establish task priorities, allocate resources, monitor the progress of scheduled activities, troubleshoot problems and make adjustments, as necessary, to ensure that tasks are completed as directed and on time.
- Develop monthly project status/dashboard reports for the client.
- Contribute to, and provide assistance, in development of monthly and quarterly program reports.
- Provide mentoring to engineering, operations, end user service, and security and project managers.
- Obtain and maintain thorough understanding of the project management and change management processes to support the program requirements.
- Support business development activities of Vertical Program Managers, including proposal development
- Provide direct support to the COTR to identify and organize project selection criteria to ensure consistency with corporate strategy and/or customer business objectives.
- Implement project metrics to gauge performance and compliance to the corporate standards and CMMI and ITIL processes, procedures, and work products.
- Perform risk assessment activities, including: identification, quantification, qualification, and mitigation strategies for projects and programs, together with refinement of processes to support activities.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions using established processes, procedures and tools.
- Participate in Program/Project Portfolio Management.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Sr. Project Manager
- Effectively manage all team member resources/personnel (over 250) allocated for the platform implementation/cloud migration project.
- Manage and coordinate activities among multiple scrum teams using Agile/SAFe, Cloud (AWS), Mobile and DevOps.
- Ensure that software solutions developed by the team conform to the software quality standards and fit the relevant application architecture specified, including the use of tools, platforms, techniques and design patterns.
- Partner with Business Analysts, Enterprise Architecture as well as Security, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure teams.
- Efficiently manage the schedule and resources of the project teams to fulfill customer requirements and meet implementation deadlines.
- Ensure the and knowledge levels of project team personnel are always current and comprehensive and that they can provide the highest level of professional assistance to customers.
- Plan the delivery of services listed in the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Develop a plan and schedule with the customer for optimum delivery of project, to ensure integration of software with existing infrastructure, systems and applications.
- Maintain progress reviews of project tasks and team member assignments.
- Manage projects along with risks and issues to adhere to the USCB SE&I SDLC process and manage the development of all SDLC deliverables.
- Responsible for cost schedule technical performance across multiple tasks.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
SR. Manager, Project/Task
- Provided technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract, subcontractor, and PMO and change management.
- Supervised assigned staff, including subordinate managers (10 - 20 assigned staff/resources) and responsible for staffing and hiring.
- Developed technical project plans, reports, metrics, sales proposals and administrative reporting.
- Reviewed future product requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- Conducted planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attended customer meetings as required.
- Interacted with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinated development of deliverables and products.
- Ensured quality assurance of product suite and/or features.
- Maintained current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participated in special projects as required.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Sr. Project Manager
- Lead project management team (10 personnel) in the effort to take projects from original concept through final implementation, interface with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services.
- Define and develop project scope and objectives, detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Manage sales proposals along with the integration of vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project teams and PMO.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Project Manager
- Oversaw and managed the successful implementation of multiple client facing projects ($3M - $5M), typically from initiation through delivery
- Planned, updated, and maintained one or more project schedules for assigned SEC SDLC and/or AGILE software development project(s), identified risk/issues and resolved problems to meet objectives established by the contract.
- Ensured that the assigned project(s) were completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
Confidential, Bowie, MD
Sr. Program Manager/Director
- Managed 10 project resources plus coordinating efforts with multiple resources at Combatant commands worldwide.
- Worked with Government COR to decide on project scope, assembled the right project team, developed a robust testing strategy and leveraged all of the support resources made available to me to upgrade the legacy FMS environment to the new.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
IT Program/Project Manager
- Managed 5-10 project resources plus coordinating efforts with multiple resources at Combatant commands worldwide.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Managed multiple technical resources (10 direct reports) for performance of project assignments and activities.
- Resolved highly complex network interoperability problems.
- Subject matter expert in writing Engineering Orders.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Principal Network Engineer/Analyst
- Manager (10 direct reports, 10 indirect reports) and Technical lead
- Spearheaded Novell and Microsoft migration efforts along with Disaster Recovery Site design and implementation efforts.
- Technical lead (100+ personnel) at US Dept. of the Treasury, planning and evaluating complex networking systems.
Sr. Network Systems Engineer
- Supervised and implemented system integration projects for the Confidential Air Station.
- Installed and configured IBM Netfinity 5500s as Windows NT 4.0 Servers with RAID 5 and mirroring.
- Integrated and administered IBM AIX 4.x RISC 6000s into the existing network environment.
- Installed and Managed PVCS Version Manager 6.0 on Sun Ultra 1 w/Solaris 2.5, Windows NT 4.0 servers, and Windows 95 workstations in the network environment.
- Installed and configured Hummingbird Network Access software to enable NFS between UNIX, Windows Clients and was responsible for technical sales presentations and technical demonstrations of IBM E-Commerce hardware and software solution.
- Supervised and provided on-site LAN and PC Support for various clients.
- Installed HP UX Security Patches for DOJ customer along with security vulnerability testing.
- Evaluated, recommended, and purchased hardware, software, and supplies.
- Performed inside sales duties as a reseller and provided numerous RFC’s and RFQ’s along with submitting Bill of Materials to Federal customers.
- Provided system administration support in UNIX, Windows NT and Novell environment to the US Army Core of Engineers Topographic Engineering Center at Ft. Belvoir. Performed Tier 1, 2 & 3 support within Help Desk Environment Using Remedy ticketing system.
- Installed and administered ManageWise, GroupWise, UNIX Server (Solaris), Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 server/workstation, Oracle, ARCSERVE and OnNet.
- Performed PC troubleshooting and installation.
- Provided support for the following E-mail applications (Eudora, OnNet, Netscape mail, MS Exchange).