- Detail - oriented IT professional with 5+ years of analytical experience. Proven expertise in systems design, analysis and relational databases. Proficient in SQL, requirement analysis, data analysis and visualization. Extensive domain experience in Banking & Financial Services.
Competent Areas: Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Problem Solving, SDLC - Agile, Waterfall
Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, HTML, CSS, Python
Database & Platforms: DB2, MS SQL, MySQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Tools: SQL Server, Excel, Visio, JIRA Tableau, Google Analytics, WEKA, RapidMiner, QMF, SAP
- Designed and developed complex SQL queries/stored procedures for data extraction and report generation
- Monitored, analyzed and resolved data quality issues over multiple data bases and across 35 test environments
- Converted business requirement into test environment setup that supports the QA activities of both business and technical teams
- Administered DB2 databases by performing backups and restores, data loads, binds, tablespace and table creation
- Administered database permissions and users in development and test environment
- Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure business and technology alignment
- Completed in-depth analysis and complex programming of projects with minimal guidance
- Spearheaded a for team of 4 members in analyzing and resolving data quality issues
- Provided project estimates and was engaged in capacity planning and resource utilization
- Maintained constant communication with the project team manager to report progress, identify issues, and allocate resources.
- Conducted daily meetings with the team to ensure timely completion of tasks and project delivery
- Provided training new team members on development processes through knowledge transfer sessions and application demos
- Reduced the turnaround time by 30%, to reset the IMS Data Entry database area, by automating the process
- Accoladed as Application Development & Maintenance “Top Performer” for implementing 8 enhancement projects with high quality, over a period of 10 months
- Prepared requirement documents/user stories that translate business logic to technical requirements for waterfall and agile methodology projects
- Created System flow charts using Visio
- Performed mainframe application development and enhancement activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code/ reports, to testing and implementation
- Performed mainframe coding using COBOL, DB2, JCL and Easytrieve.
- Created Unit Test plans and performed unit testing.
- Performed end-to-end application testing and prepared detailed Test Result documents with test case procedure, data sources, results, and screen capture highlighting input and output data