- Extensive functional and technical experience - - Lead software, hardware, middle ware, system’s security engineers working in information systems environments in international environments along with a strong application/product development background with full lifecycle SDLC.
- Experience include development global applications, support, analysis, deployment, testing & integration, RAD (Rapid Application Development) and DRP (Disaster Recovery Planning) sessions.
- Aligned teams using Agile development and Scrum processes, conducted workshop such as JAD (Joint Application Development) with Enterprise vision strategy, roadmap, and architecture.
- As Project Manager planned, executed, reported, and implemented multiple IT projects onshore/offshore and at diversified locations as assigned while following the established IT project management methodology. Responsibilities included were interaction with the business partners, budget creation/tracking, project plan creation, risk mitigation, deployment and resolution issues.
- Scrum Master leads key projects through an Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
- Coordinate multiple project plans and assignments, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Thorough understanding of team dynamics capability to de-escalate tense situations, increase transparency and self-improvement. Facilitating and leading scrum ceremonies. Experience as a Scrum Master working with one or preferably multiple teams
- Good understanding of Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables. Experienced managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Experience with scrum tools including Jira (or similar tool), Release Burn-ups, burn-downs, etc. Proficient mentoring other scrum masters and team members to more effective agile processes
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- MS Office, Security Infrastructure (PKI, VPN), XML Message oriented middle ware and EAI enterprise application integration, Java (J2EE, EJB), UML (Rational Rose) Web Logic, HTML, Internet protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP), CRM, Confidential Warehouse V2R5 RDBMS, RAS, SAN, and IBM.
- Program/Project Manager
- IT Manager, Software Development
- Manager QA, Testing & Integration
- SAP BODS, HANA
- Agile/Scrum Master
Data Base Systems: Confidential 9i Developer, Confidential Forms, A/P, G/L, Confidential, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, FOCUS, B-treive, Supra and MS Access
Middleware: XML, EAI, J2EE, EJB, UML, Web Logic, DML, EDI, XML, Java and .Net
ETL: Ab Initio GDE 1.15 & Operating system 2.14, Power Center Informatica 6, 7x, Ardent Data and Data Stage, SAS
System Design: Visio
Methodologies: Brady Botch, Rational Rose, Unified Process and Agile
Project Management: MS Project and MethodM
Web & GUI Development: ASP, Visual Basic, MS Front Page, Consolidations, Connectors, EAI, BPM (workflow) Tools, B2B Integration
Java, HTML, Confidential V2R5, Confidential E: Business, Micro Strategy 7.1.5 - 7.2.2 Intelligent Fortran, VB, C++, or C#, and .Net
Operating Systems: NT, UNIX, Windows 2000, 3.11, MVS/XA, Open VMS, DCL, JCL, Novel, SUSE Linux 64 bit used for SAP HANA
BI Reporting: Business Objects, Hyperion, Cognos and SAS
Office Automation: Microsoft Office, Lotus Smart Suite
Business Objects: Broadcast Agent
Project Manager - Scrum Master
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Ensured the team practiced the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility. Met with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolved problems.
- Communicated with resource managers, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Kept abreast of contemporary project management techniques and industry practices, as they impacted corporate objectives.
- Monitored all projects for clear goals, objectives and timelines, with measurable milestones consistent with corporate strategy and goals. Oversaw the project/program/portfolio management process to ensure project technical objectives were aligned with functional requirements.
- Other duties included process improvement, workflow optimization, and other tasks related to the stability and quality of the software being developed. Developed project plans specified goals, strategy, resource staffing, scheduling, identified risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Identified and scheduled project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Developed and communicated timely status reports indicating project progress.
- Oversaw project team meetings required to resolve key project/program/portfolio issues.
- Facilitated enterprise project/program/portfolio decision-making based on corporate strategy. Ensured that projects were properly executed according to the guidelines established by the Program Manager and Confidential Program and Project Management methods and principles. Adopted a modifying approach to manage agile, waterfall and SDLC methods in order to align with the Confidential Program team and client culture. Assisted with developing and managing enterprise project/program/portfolio management process.
- Coordinated activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Understood and communicated industry trends, and drove the corporate strategic direction for software and systems.
- Provided strategic direction to the planning, design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software. Managed applications teams responsible for development, implementation, and operation of multiple business applications.
- Oversaw defects, problems and break fixes that occurred during the testing, enhancement process within the bug tracking system.
- Reviewed and managed support service, ensured compliance with SOX controls, supported SLAs and adhered to quality assurance process. Responsible for managing budgets.
- Defined and implemented support handover procedures and acceptance criteria to enable the transition of support from Projects to the Portfolio. Provided accurate resource, schedule, and cost sizing for cross-functional software development and deployment projects of significant complexity.
- Partnered with the senior management and business groups to establish applications roadmap and project priorities by understanding the business needs. Implemented cross-functional, process design improvements and re-engineering efforts to reduce and prevent recurrent and anticipated defects and problems.
- Wrote technical papers (e.g., white papers) that clearly articulated industry and company trends in technology and solutions, at either a summary or detailed level.
- Mentored employees and conducted performance reviews. Managed external relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Promoted team oriented relationship with IT customers and peers. Provided architectural guidance and technical direction to the team. Supported the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope statements, risk assessments, budgets and IT Value (ROI, IRR) discussions.
- Reviewed and analyzed design, functional, technical and user documentation.
- Identified the programs financial sources and resources and integrate the budgets of the individual program components and developed the overall budget and control costs for the program. Proactively identified and managed program risks and issues as well as escalated risks and issues from the projects that comprised the program but could not be resolved at the project level.
- Lead the definition, collection and analysis of quality metrics appropriate to products and processes, especially with respect to issue contributing to product defects and business process problems . Reviewed and conducted analysis of test strategies for software products and systems.
- Developed project plans and coordinated resources to meet deliverables with team leads.
- Reported progress and health of the program and in corporate feedback from all stakeholders. Identified, monitored and controlled the interdependencies between projects within a program.
- Ensured appropriate involvement between the program or complex project and all stakeholders.
- Accountable for all assigned projects, ensured delivery on-time, on budget, and quality solutions.
- Lead cross-functional re-engineering efforts that resulted in significant cost and cycle time savings. Consistently adhered to the organizational program and project management standards and methodologies
- Ensured appropriate governance practice was in place and followed for the projects within a program. Worked closely with business partners to understand the business priorities and feedback on IT services.
- Ensured that clients were highly satisfied with both technical and business relationship Built and maintained relationships with key stakeholders - both internal and external
- Managed, developed, and improved Software, Infrastructure, and Project Management team Oversaw all projects within the Back-office portfolio from beginning to end Identified and utilized contingent resources as necessary in support of technology projects Oversaw annual review processes for personnel resources
- Managed corporate technology environment Provided support to operational teams and supported customer technology environments Participated in technology budget creation and management Managed and provided project oversight of technology consulting services Worked closely with other managers/directors to deliver technology services Assisted with vendor management Developed and maintained operational processes and procedures
- Assisted with development of corporate technology strategy Developed and maintained policies and processes for business continuity and disaster recovery Developed infrastructure and application roadmaps. Participated in steering committee meetings with business resources to ensure IT systems continue to deliver business value
- Established and maintains processes to monitor scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Worked closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritized tasks. Ensured the coordination of individual team deliverables were synchronized as necessary to achieve product releases.
- Accepted user stories into the current product, ensured that all user stories met established acceptance criteria, which each story has passed acceptance testing and that operational readiness activities have been completed and accounted for.
- Met periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve processes, communications and documentation. Managed day-to-day scrum activities and influenced team members to leverage, follow and supported agile software development practices.
- Empowered the team to self-organize. Fostered qualities of high performing teams.
- Facilitated team discussion and conflict resolution. Identified and removed impediment’s, prevent distractions.
- Built, groomed and maintained the team’s product backlog.
- Identified gaps/risks early and established mitigation plans. Organized and facilitated Scrum ceremonies, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum related meetings.
- Served as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Reviewed and prioritized the backlog in preparation for sprint planning; provided the team with user story details and priorities during sprint planning and gave final approval on sprint plans. Supported integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems. Assisted Product Owner, as needed, with backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Managed monthly capitalization processes and change management processes. Assisted Product Owner in planning, change management and risk management.
- Interfaced with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget. Leveraged escalation process to channel issues and concerns to appropriate parties. Utilized scrum tools and frameworks to achieve efficiency both internally and externally.
- Participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Directed the planning, building, and implementation of information technology and applications in support of the organization's strategic business goals using Waterfall/Agile development and Scrum processes.
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope; troubleshoot reported issues. Worked with leads and product owner and provided development sizing & cost analysis estimates. Lead teams in execution of development and operations work and ultimately grew Shared Platforms. Assisted with internal and external communication, improved transparency, and radiating information. Monitored and tracked roadmap and released milestones, and facilitated mitigation of issues and risks.
- Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress and other metrics across teams. Identified methodology challenges and recommended solutions for continuously evolving Agile at client.
- Assisted the team in delivery against their commitment, with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs. Collaborated with the team to identify and resolved problems and remove impediments/barriers for the team. Assisted development and operations teams in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members.
- Drove user story creation and development in preparation for future sprints; developed story acceptance criteria.
PM , Program Manager
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Provided Data Warehouse Program management and Project planning, Project Management at Confidential (Dental Data Warehouse billing application) and on Debit side and Fraud Prevention data warehouse at MasterCard.
- Created the architecture briefing in hardware, software, security, COTS/GOTS interoperable and configuration management data warehouse solution with multiple scenarios for US Air Force on the GTN21 program, used the best of the brood, cutting edge, robust, and scalable technology that can be used in future.
- Directed and coordinated activities of implementation and carrying out objectives of a program.
- Ensured that the design, scope and high level estimates for client solutions were appropriate and strategic.
- Management, included development, implementation and evaluation program policies, procedures and standards.
- Evaluated information concerning customers’ conceptual needs and estimated and coordinated program activities and associated costs.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational management of all activities and functions in the designated program area within the Information.
- Ensured projects were staffed appropriately. Developed and monitored program budgets, provided technical advice and/or oversight to staff or other departments related to respective programs.
- Lead Lessons Learnt and Root Cause Analysis efforts. Determined program service levels and enhancements.
- Reviewed / approved weekly timesheets in a timely fashion.
- Ensured timely reporting and approval of billing was in place. Relied on experience and judgment to plan and accomplished goals. Provided overall leadership, direction and advice to the project teams.
- Accepted responsibility for problems escalated from the team members.
- Attended Technical Steering Committee to present new solution designs. Implemented program management standards to ensure client satisfaction. Provided to Sales initial design and scope document and high level estimates.
- Approved project deliverables, changes to project scope, schedule, and staffing hours.
- Reported on activities of the program, via various documents and program review meetings. Ensured program was staffed appropriately to deliver expected results and to meet client SLAs. Initiated measures to maintain and improve client satisfaction according to company guidelines.
Confidential, O’Fallon, IL
- Reduced overall Operating expenses by over $1Million P/A.
- Worked as a Functional PM, managed the timeframe of projects.
- Significantly improved overall Customer Satisfaction rates as measured by reductions in Trouble Tickets and Service Quality surveys.
- Lead USPS Mail Operation and Finance Portfolios for contract employees, made sure all the projects are ready in-terms of procurement, remediation, and integration testing, CM, QA, SAN and created Data Marts through Erwin for Data Warehousing.
- Initiated a Unix/ Confidential based mail tracking application initiative that acted as the focal point for subsequent enhancements that included full real-time integration into the internal Global Settlement and Claims & Adjustments process, ETL Based interfaces into numerous external Claims & Adjustments systems, Intranet based electronic delivery of Global Financial Settlement Reporting and Global Business access to parameter driven and customizable real-time MIS Reporting.
- Delivered mail tracking application, and a data warehouse capable of supporting analysis for Sales, Marketing, Finished Goods Inventory, Market Development Funds, Customer P&L, and Production Planning.
- Generated over $500K P/A in additional income through better Cash Management capabilities.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Improved the accuracy and reliability of complex Customer Billing leading to more timely Customer remittances.
- Managed over 20 large projects at client locations throughout the mid-west region with responsibility for all technical decisions, fostering client relationships and directed the efforts of the on-site Tapestry consultant teams.
- Built an initial project plan, estimated work effort, gathered business requirements and designed a technical architecture, risk management, issue management, tool selection, dimensional modeling, and built a metadata strategy.
- Lead the on-going and of consultants through innovative use of various methods including technical workshops, round-table discussions, boot camps and formal classes.
- At Hallmark through a consolidated architecture that included Database, Sy-Base Triggers and MQ-Series components, created a fully integrated Operational and ERP/CRM based Product/Service delivery infrastructure that Reduced Operating expenses by over $600K P/A and decreased Customer Billing cycles by 3 weeks.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Implemented and supported databases for Hallmark retail stores.
- Created application for Confidential Corporation to qualify potential clients for business.
- Lead Application analysis, design and development of Confidential Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5.
- Programmed Trucking applications and provided performance tuning of the Confidential database.
- Performed review of various sub-projects to determine the overall project status and made recommendations.
- Trained client site managers on project planning and control, risk management, status reporting, issue management, estimating and change management. As a team leader, installed and maintained the databases.
- Lead reviews, meetings, and briefings, ensured adherence to configuration management procedures, CM and QA.
- Primary technical system architect, provided application support and development of data models for the Information Technology Department of the Energy Group’s Power Division.
- Lead procurement's business processes including Supplier Management, Supplier Sourcing, Contract development and maintenance, electronic catalogs, transaction processing and payments, including those settled via P-Card, data reporting and analysis and Data Warehousing project, disaster recovery for New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) in merging the sub-gas companies databases 6 Tera Bytes.