- Sr. Scrum Master with extensive hands - on experience in Agile environment like SAFe, Scrum, Waterfall, Waterfall Scrum Hybrid and Kanban. Delivered and implemented large enterprise software development projects as per scheduled deadlines while providing maintenance and support to the technical team and the client. Highly proficient at coaching, mentoring and monitoring that the Scrum practices are being adopted by the team and the organization to provide strong business results.
- Around 6+ years of experience as Scrum Master in Banking, E-commerce and IT Industry working on different projects.
- ISI Certified Scrum Master with expertise in different Software Development Lifecycle methodologies like Waterfall, Scum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Kanban, Scrumban, Extreme Programming (XP) and Scaled Agile Framework, Lean.
- Worked as Agile Coach to monitor the Scrum team on Agile framework and principles.
- Conducted business meetings with internal and external Stakeholders, vendors, management, clients, SMEs, UX/UI team, Developers, QA team to gather business requirements.
- Actively participated in Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meetings to report any impediments and resolve the same.
- Proficient in eliciting functional and non-functional requirements through Interviews, JAD sessions, Document analysis, Brainstorming, Surveys, Job shadowing, Interface analysis and prototyping.
- Created monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) based on prioritization matrix for Desktop Support, IT Security and Internal development.
- Actively participated in various Risk mitigation plans and strategies to track and communicate any updates in the Sprint Release to the project Stakeholders by maintaining a Risk register.
- Planned project, tracked Project status, bugs and milestones, raised tickets, created story boards using JIRA to create project Workflow and embed the same in Confluence.
- Highly skilled in decomposing Epics into User Stories in the Product Backlog by following the INVEST criteria.
- Excellent exposure to slicing techniques like Horizontal and Vertical User Stories based on Workflow, Happy/Unhappy flow, Business Rules, Datatypes, Operations and Test Scenario.
- Supported Product Owner in defining the Definition of Done (DoD) and Acceptance Criteria for software and functional requirements while examining the Definition of Ready is endured by each PBI.
- Collaborated with the Scrum Team, Product Owner (PO) and the Client for Backlog Grooming and ensuring the Product Backlog is relevant, prioritized, adhering to the Acceptance Criteria.
- Assisted Product Owner (PO) in prioritizing the Product Backlog using various techniques like Value Stream Mapping, MoSCoW Model, KANO Model and Business Value-Based.
- Resolved Impediments at internal/external level, Team and Organizational level throughout the project lifecycle by interacting with the Subject Matter Expert (SME), Focus Groups and Architects.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies like Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective while maintaining the Task board.
- Estimated User Stories using different techniques like T-Shirt Sizing, Planning Poker, Bucket System and Relative Mass Valuation in order to assign Story points for Sprint Planning.
- Ensured the Tasks in the Sprint Backlog are written using the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time bound) technique to make them affluent with the requirement.
- Incorporated Buffer time based on technical debt, Spikes enforced in time-boxed Sprint.
- Excellent knowledge on tracking Sprint status and progress based on Velocity planning, Capacity planning, Release Burndown Chart, Sprint Task board, Big Value Charts and Expectation Charts.
- Developed various UML diagrams which included Use Cases, Use Case diagrams, Activity diagram, Class diagram, Sequence diagram and ER diagrams in Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Worked in collaboration with DEV OPS and got good understanding of different tools like Balsamiq, Visual Studio.
- Implemented SQL queries including Tables, Joins, Triggers, Views, Aggregative functions, Stored Procedures and Constraints to ensure data integrity and security using MS SQL Server.
- Extensive understanding of ETL tools like Informatica PowerCenter, MS SSIS and reporting tools like Tableau, MS SSRS, MS PowerBI and QlikView for developing dashboard and analytical purposes.
- Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and different Web Services like SOAP and REST API.
- Well versed with various Testing techniques in Scrum like Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Refactoring, Continuous Integration (CI) and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Performed CI/CD and heavily involved in Regression and Refactoring in order to adhere to the cadence.
- Worked in coordination with different Scrum teams for successful Product demo.
- Developed interactive and analytical dashboards and reports using Tableau, IBM Cognos and QlikView with extensive knowledge on Business Intelligence.
- Extensive experience working on different testing tools like Selenium, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Rally, Cucumber to perform automation testing to check for system performance.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall - Scrum Hybrid, Kanban, Scrumban, XP.
Business Skills: Change Management, Project Planning, Process Modeling, Risk Management, JAD Sessions, Impact Analysis, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Version One, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Lucidchart.
Modelling Tools: Wireframe.cc, Moqups, MS Visio, Balsamiq, SharePoint Designer, CA Erwin, Swagger.
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint.
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, HP LoadRunner, Cucumber, Selenium, POSTMAN, Swagger, SOAP UI.
ETL and Reporting Tools: Tableau, QlikView, Informatica, Spotfire, IBM Cognos, SQL Server Data Tools - BI, PowerBI.
Web Technologies: WSDL, XML, HTML, SOAP, Web Services, REST.
Databases: SQL Server Management Studio 2014, Oracle 11g, 12g, Oracle 11g, MySQL Server 2012, MS Access, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012.
Data Warehousing: OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll up, Pivot, Data Mapping, Data Modelling, Star and Snowflake Schema, ETL.
Confidential, PHX, AZ
Scrum Master/Project Manager
- Managing end-to-end coordination and management of key IT initiatives such as key Business decisions, Corporate application infrastructure implementations and new and existing Product improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining the Governance portal while opening, updating and closing the risks or issues or change requests or decisions to escalate high level risks to the leadership team.
- Experience in trading life cycle and risk-management strategies to evaluate market movements.
- Working in SAFe environment while being part of SoS (Scrum of Scrum) meetings, ART meetings, Program status meetings, PI planning, Stand-up, Sprint planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings.
- Creating Workstream reports on weekly basis which includes the Sprint scope summary, action items, s, risks/issues and metrics like scope churn, velocity and say/do ratio.
- Creating dashboards in Rally based on Workstream and Scrum teams to depicting features and User Stories and graphs like burndown, velocity, etc. to track story points completed each Sprint.
- Interacting with PO’s, Scrum Masters, Product Managers and Directors on weekly basis in order to understand the status, next steps and timeline for any critical decisions, issues/risks and change request.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Acted as liaison between various IT departments like Business Owners, Design team, Development team and vendors to discuss business problem and provide industry standard solutions.
- Participated in Architectural discussions with Tech leads to understand the end-to-end flow of the application, identifying the API endpoints involved and create work flow diagram for the same.
- Maintained program management processes for program scheduling, quality management, communication management, cost management, change management and risk/issue management.
- Worked closely with Product Owner and the Development team to prioritize the Product Backlog as per the requirements to deliver the required business value for a particular sprint and to maintain continuous iterations.
- Developed interactive Kanban board for the team, for QA and other teams as well to track the tickets based on various swimlanes and filters like fix version, Epics, bugs, Tech Debts, etc.
- Extensively involved in resolving blockers/impediments by performing root-cause analysis while communicating with the cross-functional teams and the Product Owner’s.
- Conducted different Scrum ceremonies like Discovery, Grooming, Stand Ups and Sprint review meetings. Also, held retrospective meetings using Retrium to get feedback on various aspects.
- Involved in writing complex JQL queries in JIRA to have visibility of tickets on Kanban board. Also, involved in creating high level confluence pages for effort estimate and feature details as source of truth.
- Identified, prioritized and escalated issues in discussion with the Product Owner to identify any dependencies.
- Worked with team and PO to have sprint velocity and capacity to estimate the timeline for the product delivery.
- Performed API testing using POSTMAN to determine functionality and reliability and validate the request and response calls to sync with engineers in case of any issues or failures.
- Worked with the PO and the development team to ensure adoption and adherence to Scrum practices while acting as a facilitator/servant leader.
- Identified risks beforehand have a mitigation plan and also during the sprint and worked with the Product Owner Development team and backend services to resolve any upcoming risks for successful delivery of the product.
- Coordinated with QA and the data setup team to have Test Data Characteristics ready, review the Test Cases and identify the backend services to be used.
Environment: Agile Scrum, MS Office, JIRA/Confluence, Retrium, Slack, Workast, POSTMAN, Bitbucket, Agile approaches, CI/CD, Splunk, Risk register, Kanban board.
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Sr. Scrum Master
- Worked as Agile coach for Scrum and Kanban techniques that were applied to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and successfully handled and worked with 3 Scrum teams.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the Product Owner and other Stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure the requirements are gathered correctly.
- Resolved Impediments at team and organizational level being in continuous communication with the Developers, Tech leads, SMEs and Testers.
- Facilitated Scrum of Scrums of Scrum Master to discuss any impediments or issues raised for the next Sprint.
- Ensured teams focus towards Sprint priorities, business values and understand the Scrum Framework clearly so as to avoid any kind of over-commitment. This enabled to conduct the events within the Sprint time-box.
- Time-boxed and facilitated Scrum ceremonies which included Sprint Planning, Daily SCRUM, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings using various techniques for better productivity.
- Actively participated on Scrum of Scrum (SoS) meetings to resolve team level issues, bugs and conflicts.
- Ensured the team followed Scrum values like Openness, Honesty and Respect to work in a self-organizing environment.
- Managed Product Backlog consisting of Epics, User Stories and Tasks and ensured items in the Backlog are arranged based on DEEP criteria to avoid any kind of scope creep during the Sprint.
- Introduced best Agile practices like continuous integration (CI), code/design reviews, transparency, product visioning, accountability and JIRA tracking. This ensured there is transparency within the entire team.
- Communicated with team the project status via Release/Sprint Burndown charts, Story Acceptance rate and defects to make sure team is on the same page using JIRA.
- Enabled Release Train Engineers (RTE) to track progress of Product Increment (PI) displayed on Big Visual Charts, Information Radiators in Agile Release Train (ART).
- Wrote basic SQL queries to perform CRUD operations and performed JOIN operations on the data set for updating database in a timely manner and increase the performance of the system.
- Wide knowledge in Dimensional & Normalized data models, Facts, Dimensions, Data Marts, Star, Snowflake and Galaxy Schema and OLAP operations like Roll-up, Drill-down, Slice & Dice.
- Exposure to different APIs like SOAP and REST and documenting them based on Code First or Design Approach for speedy delivery and agility of the Web Applications.
- Prepared modules, tutorials and conducted workshop so that end users could adapt to the new system.
- Provided to Development team on writing good User Stories, prioritizing work based on Business Value and handling tasks at team and organizational level.
Environment: SAFe, JIRA 7.2, MS Office, MS SharePoint, Confluence, Tableau, ER Win, Selenium, HP ALM, MS Visio, Balsamiq, Swagger, Selenium, SOA, XML, REST, TFS.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Scrum Master
- Worked in a Scrum environment with more than 3 Scrum teams with focus on shifting to new cloud software platform from legacy system for better performance and security purposes.
- Gathered business requirements working closely with Subject Matter Expert. Reviewed high level requirements to define and prioritize scope of the project working in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Prepared documents to recognize the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done and continuously updated the same based on change requests to maintain the Product Backlog.
- Developed project plans, budgeting and test plans for managing the project using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Trained Scrum Masters, engineers and Product Owners on Scrum principle and different Agile tools to improve the quality and delivery of the product within the given timeframe.
- Calculated the Sprint velocity based on previous Sprints velocity and maintained the same to deliver the required business value in the next PSPSI.
- Resolved Impediments within the Development team by conducting meetings and interview with Subject Matter Expert, Architects and Testers. This helped improve team collaboration.
- Assisted Release Train Engineer (RTE) in facilitating the Product Increment (PI) Planning meeting and conducted Scrum-of-Scrum, Pre-PI planning and Post-PI planning.
- Developed and maintained Release burndown Charts, velocity projections and project forecast to enable timely project adjustment and create project visibility.
- Resolved any kind of defects, bugs or issues to manage the Product Backlog and at the same time ensuring the team doesn’t overcommit to the requirements in order to maintain and monitor the time-boxed events.
- Managed different User Story types based on the requirements using JIRA.
- Prioritized the Product Backlog working in coordination with Product Management, Business Analyst, Architects and the UI designers to plan ahead in the project.
- Assisted DEV OPS team in identifying the different tools and software required for the project implementation.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform CRUD operations and generate reports based on formulae in SSRS to get different types of ad-hoc reports for optimizing query performance.
- Connected to different Web Services using REST API (JSON) for improved request and response time.
- Assisted QA in various testing like Unit, Integration, Black Box testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in to Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) using HP ALM.
Environment: SAFe, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, QlikView, JIRA 7.2, Confluence, MS SQL Server 2012, Swagger, MS SharePoint, Tableau, HP ALM, REST/SOAP, MS SQL server, Balsamiq, GITHUB, SSRS.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Prepared Scrum plan, Sprint Plan and Release plan for migrating data from legacy system to create a Data Warehouse to be implemented in Scrum environment.
- Maintained the Product Backlog and supported Product Owner in Backlog Grooming and Prioritization using MoSCoW and KANO Model to deliver the stories in the next Sprint.
- Facilitated quality deliverables by focusing on data integrity, application inventories and GAP analysis to include those requirements in the next Sprint Backlog.
- Sent friendly reminders and frequently followed up with the team based on JIRA tasks on daily basis to have accurate and timely report for analytical purposes.
- Reviewed Definition of done with the Product Owner during the Sprint Review sessions to check the User Stories are accepted within the Sprint. Also Definition of Ready was addressed to create Sprint Backlog.
- Presented different metrics like Expectation Charts, Status Reports, Burndown Charts and Story Boards to various stakeholders to track the status and identify technical debt during the Sprint.
- Resolved operational processes and guided the team to satisfy to the Agile principles.
- Worked with Product Owner and the Team members regarding Technical Debt and its impact on the project and measures to tackle the same in order to avoid any Sprint breakdown.
- Continuously monitored Product development at all stages towards improving the Quality of the product.
- Confirmed to avoid any kind of scope creep using different online tools and ensuring completion of task based on requirement, time and budget.
- Efficient in different Slicing techniques like Horizontal and Vertical to create User Stories as per functionality and requirement and assign related story points.
- Continuous communication with Project Stakeholders and Subject Matter Expert (SME) with regards to program strategy direction and changes.
- Hands on experience with Project Management activities and proficient in working with Project Management tools, Testing tools and Defect reporting tools.
- Assisted in performing Black box testing, UAT and Regression testing to ensure the functionality and requirements of the system are in accordance to the users.
- Ensured best practices were followed by the development team like testing, documentation, Continuous Integration, Standard build and Deploy to avoid any kind of technical debt.
Environment: Waterfall Scrum, SSRS, IBM Cognos, JIRA, HTML, CSS, Rational Rose, MS Office, MS SharePoint, HP QC, Informatica, Tableau, Web Services, HP ALM, Rational Requisite Pro.
Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Identified the business needs of the project with continuous interaction with Business Users and Stakeholders to asses and identify business solution in order to define of scope of the project.
- Developed Business Requirement document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) to illuminate functional and non-functional requirement.
- Performed SWOT Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis and Risk Assessment based on business requirement.
- Worked in coordination with the Product Owner to identify the User Stories with high story points to be implemented in the next Sprint to have a Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI).
- Worked in collaboration with Product Owner and the Product Management team to prioritize the Product Backlog based on ambiguity, effort, risk and business value.
- Managed User Stories, tracked Issues, allotted story points and tasks and performed estimation in Agile lifecycle by analyzing requirements from planning to deployment using JIRA.
- Calculated velocity and capacity for the Sprint by maintaining artifacts like Sprint Burndown chart, Defect logs, Product burndown and burnup charts and Impediments to deliver with high performance.
- Responsible for creating various UML diagrams like Use Case, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Use case diagrams and Class diagrams to plan and document project plans.
- Created Tableau reports like bar chart, pie chart, graphs for drill through, drill down and slider operations to analyze reports on the fly for better visualization purpose.
- Developed various schemas in MS SQL Server like Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Joins, Constraints and Views to update the database and generate reports.
Environment: Scrum Waterfall, JIRA, MS Visual Studio 2008, MS Office, Load Runner, Tableau, MS SQL Server, HP ALM.
Scrum Master/Business System Analyst
- Involved in system design with the Architect and the development team, support technical team in product development and delivery process for the defined business requirements.
- Finalized Project planning, scheduling and business requirements by communicating continuously with Business Owner, End Users and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Facilitated meeting between the Product Owner and the Development Team to commit on Product Backlog Items (PBIs) during the Sprint Planning meeting for smooth functioning of the Sprint.
- Developed Sprint Burndown charts, Product Burndown chart and ensured the Scrum ceremonies are time boxed to track progress of the Sprint and at the same time check for any remaining buffer time.
- Actively participated in Backlog Refinement meeting with the Product Owner and the Stakeholders for estimating the Backlog Items using Planning Poker and T-Shirt sizing to reach to a consensus on a particular story.
- Resolved Impediments that occurred in the Daily standup meetings by conducting Interviews with the Tech Lead, Architect, Focus Group or the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Decomposed project scope into User Stories conducting story writing session with the Product Owner and Acceptance Criteria for Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI).
- Monitored scope creep, technical debt and examined for functional or technical spikes to determine the need for swarming during the entire project lifecycle by tracking the progress of the project.
- Connected to different Web Services using REST API (JSON) for improved request and response time.
- Created and maintained Project workspace, Iteration planning board, Story board and Task board based on Release metrics and created Defects and Defect suits using Rally.
- Created ER diagrams to identify different Entities, Primary Key and Foreign Key, defining relationship and cardinality between them in the database.