Solution oriented Senior IT professional with over 18 years of solid career history in complex commercial and government technical solutions including product management, project management, requirements engineering, data analysis, system analysis, business process engineering, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Effectively manages IT projects with Iterative, Waterfall and Agile methodology, maintains strong client relationship, and executes under competing priorities and challenging project environment. Demonstrates strong capabilities in strategic thinking, problem solving, mentoring and team building.
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE:
- IT Project Management
- Product Roadmap
- Requirements Analysis/Engineering
- Logical Data Modeling and Architecture
- User Stories and Use Case Modeling
- Cross Functional JAD Session
- Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Interface/Web Service Data Mapping
- Gap Analysis
- Test Cases and Acceptance Scenarios
- Rational Suites, JIRA, and Case Complete
- MS Project
- SQL, OOAD, SOA
- Visual Studio Team Service (VSTS)
Sr. Project Manager
- Manage a team of Application Developers (including Business Analyst and Testers) and a team of Database Administrators under Department of State (DOS), The Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) Application Development Support Service (ADSS) contract totaling over $30M contract value
- Work closely with business entity and technical leads to develop implementation estimates in support of eGov business case and product roadmap; provide cost, schedule, resource and risk management activities for multiple projects across various OBO business and technology areas
- Communicate regularly with Government Program Managers on project risks, statuses, and issues to ensure quality delivery of prioritized work; develop monthly contract status report to include financial, resource and project performance metrics, deliverable, risks and mitigation statuses
- Led teams to deliver values faster to clients and customers with Agile framework using Scrum and Kanban mythologies; Piloted within a dev team DevOps and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) practices for the entire branch
- Serve as a “Servant Leader” to coordinate and facilitate between teams and customers, remove impediments, and resolve issues; Leverage Microsoft Visual Studio Team Service (VSTS) (now called Azure DevOps) to track product backlogs, sprint boards and Kanban boards; Promote and advocate Agile mindset at customer and organizational level
- Follow OBO IRM CCB and NOMB processes and coordinate with relevant teams to roll out software releases and support infrastructure and Database upgrades and migrations
- Monitor team performance and establish project administrative processes and policies to maintain a positive and encouraging team environment; assist in recruiting; gather input and conduct assessment to provide staff performance feedback and ensure they stay on top of their career tracks and goals
Lead Associate / IT Project Manager
- Manage a team of IT professionals to perform requirement engineering, testing, data analysis, development, and other cross functional activities associated with the full software development life cycle in support of acquiring and fielding large complex DoD wide case management and reporting system, business intelligence analytics and visualization, SharePoint 2013 portal, System Security Posture Assessment based upon Risk Management Framework (RMF), and digital media modernization
- Coordinate and build collaboration with third party development team and DoD server hosting team; oversee the deliverables, SDLC best practices, and quality of system features in support of Program Management Office (PMO)
- Manage software release scope, schedule, resources, tasks, and deliverables to ensure on time delivery of expected features with quality; establish a set of repeatable end to end processes from initiation to closing for each release;
- Maintain and track epic and product backlog items; design and implement tool based requirements traceability model;
- Apply both iterative/waterfall and agile framework in managing projects and delivery based upon the goals and needs of the client
- Facilitate large stakeholder and user group discussions to reach agreement, develop briefings for government senior leadership; capture responses and feedback; Proactively propose issue resolutions to the client and the Services with regards to standardizing business processes and enhancing technical solutions to meet their requests
- Manage data quality analysis tasks by defining scope and execution strategies, delivering analysis end results, and recommending actions
- Provide technical support and review for other project activities such as acquisition, policy analysis and briefings to senior executives, General Accounting Office (GAO) and special task forces
- Manage project team members by providing clear assignment guidance and direction, advocating team work and trust, and conducting appropriate on - the - job and coaching
Sr. IT Analyst
- Provide Confidential (Credit Pricing, Acquisition and Delivery) and MBSPool Production project management activities that feeds into the overall PFP (Pooling From Portfolio) and Daily Majors Disclosure initiative by gathering level of efforts, determining project milestone schedule impact and leading project meetings.
- Lead CMH/PFP Confidential and Majors Pool Daily Disclosure system analysis by coordinating with business and technical groups across various technology platform domains to identify technical and interface requirements and collaborate on crafting workable solutions. Grasped the complex Pool Production platform major functionality and established the context diagram for the platform.
- Reverse engineering on calculation logic for MBS Pools Disclosure by examining and researching the programs written in COBOL. Provided review and input on the MBS Pool disclosure data dictionary and definition.
- Assist testing group research issues during system testing phase. Provide efficient communication on detail of change requests to ensure the project schedule is met with the new/enhanced requirements.
- Provide Gfee pricing rules analysis and translations to prove the concept of PSS pricing model for Gfee pricing, in support of PSS and GFPS consolidation initiative.
Sr. System Analyst
- Lead COTS software configuration effort for Bioarch program Distribution and Inventory business process area to ensure the configured application meets ARC Bioarch solution requirements.
- Provide project management responsibilities for the responsible business area including WBS updates, issue tracking and resolutions, risk control and mitigations, coordination for major testing event, and lessons learned summarization.
- Worked with business process design group to capture the existing and future business flow scenario in manufacturing and distribution process area using activity diagrams. Identify functional and configuration requirements for each business step when applicable.
- Conduct Workshops with business SMEs and cross functional groups to verify the configurations and review work products traceability among user requirements, business rules and configuration files.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Communicate with Pricing Policy and Pricing Operational units to identify and determine Loan and contract pricing needs. Participated pricing definition and assessment feature implementations and enhancements such as Loan Level BUBD, Loan Level Gfee Addon, Delivery Fees, Contract Fees, and Contract CSLTV.
- Capture and manage use cases, supplemental Specifications and business rules using DOORS. Created use case diagrams and activity diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Participate in JAD/working sessions to validate the documented requirements with the user. Define application user interfaces using wire frames and validate them with users.
- Perform presentations for the new features and functions at the end of releases as knowledge transfer to business users.
- Perform project management activities including change control process coordination, maintaining scope matrix in Clear Cases and LOE assessment from requirements perspectives.
Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Perform Project Management tasks for Confidential requirements analysis project including Weekly Status Report, Maintaining and Revising Project Schedule, providing task cost estimates, and Calculating Earned Value Matrix (EVM).
- Review and analyze Government Furnished Information (GFI), regulations, and standards. Interview SMEs and conduct requirements gathering workshops to map as is and future business process flows, collect functional requirements to ensure the redesigned business process and supporting platform improve the efficiency of the Food and Drug Administration ( Confidential ) Drug Registration and Listing process.
- Create UML use cases by analyzing and understanding the interaction between users and the proposed system. Define and document detailed level requirements into the System Requirements Specification (SRS) Document.
- Capture and manage use cases and requirements including traceability using Rational RequisitePro.
- Participate in JAD/working sessions to validate the documented requirements with the user community and implementation team.
- Prepare test cases and test procedures as well as perform functional area system testing and UAT for Transportation Security Agency (TSA) Telecom Management System.
- Create and maintain user manuals and materials for Telecom Management System user .
- Develop, document, and analyze system requirements gathered from users/business sponsors for the new or modified software functions. Using UML use case model to clarify and enhance the requirements.
- Manage system requirements and requirement traceability using Rational RequisitePro and MS ACCESS database. Produce various levels of artifacts such as change requests, service pack memos, and user release notes to communicate the required changes internally and externally.
- Lead cross-functional technical reviews and JAD sessions to ensure the software changes meet the system requirements and these changes are sufficiently tested. Recommend critical test scenario(s) as necessary. Assist testers developing the test cases and procedures. Coordinate and Perform the User Acceptance Testing with the user community for the changes and enhancements implemented in a release or service pack.
- Serve as a central point of contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the software product. Frequently research issues identified in production and testing environment to determine and confirm a software defect. Use SQL to obtain the data relating to the potential defects and determine the scope of the issue. Document and track the defects in Rational Clearquest.
- Participate in a system conversion project from terminal-based legacy application to web portal. Perform data mapping to ensure no information is dropped during the conversion. Actively interact with customers to structure the redesigns of user interface and report prototyping.
- Perform hazard analysis on the software changes in each release and service packs to support the Confidential 510K approval of the product.