- Extensive experience in the management of, and participation in, large - scale full lifecycle Information Technology system development projects, with particular expertise in financial systems administration. More than two decades of management and application services experience, including application security, testing, training, and support. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, strong analytical skills, troubleshooting and resolving business issues - converting business needs into reality. Ability to work collaboratively within teams and work efficiently and effectively under pressure and in crisis situations. Experience with thorough development of global project planning documentation including project plans, schedules, budget tracking documents, system analysis, test plans and standard operating procedures. Aspiring Agilist, voracious self-starter, collaborative leader. Thrives on accountability, visibility, and the art of negotiation.
Confidential - Richmond, Virginia
Senior Technology Manager
- Solid understanding of the market, the customer and the business, facilitating sound decisions with a vision for what is to be built and conveying that vision to all levels of the organization.
- Build effective relationships with multiple diverse business units to develop a "joint" vision on strategy to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Product Owner responsible for business application development, security administration, process improvement, acceptance testing, end-user training, help desk support, report development, and tollgate approvals as it pertains to system patches and upgrades and configuration changes.
- Consistently do whatever is necessary to build the best product possible by being actively engaged with core teams.
- Facilitated in the development of product backlog list for Enterprise Resource Planning (Oracle eBusiness Suite) system corrections, modifications, and improvements.
- Successfully developed and presented business case for Enterprise Resource Planning system, receiving authorization to proceed, and winning project budget approval of $18mm from executive leadership.
- Extensive implementation experience of enterprise financial systems which includes General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budget, Inventory and Asset Management, Fixed Assets, Debt and Cash Management, Procurement & Contract Management, Project & Grant Management, Financial Reporting, Human Resources, Time and Labor, and Payroll.
- Organized and facilitated JAD sessions with over 150 SME’s and end users, gathering requirements for 14 functional areas, as well as for General, Technical, & Interfaces.
- Documented 2500+ requirements for 14 functional areas which included Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budget, Debt Management, General Ledger, Human Resources, Inventory and Asset Management, Retirement and Benefits, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Procurement & Contract Management, Project and Grant Management, Time and Attendance, and Financial Reporting.
- Overcame challenges of high turnover in executive leadership and project management team, a disengaged steering committee, and multiple business owners with conflicting interests by maintaining positive relationships and providing assistance and support in all areas when called upon.
- Identified and diplomatically communicated show stopping go live issues, providing executive leadership accurate and complete project information for go live decision.
- Identified and diplomatically communicated critical configuration gaps which prompted a no-go decision.
- Developed and successfully executed rescue action plan, synchronizing detail employee payroll data from legacy system to Oracle E-Business Suite for 4500+ employees, for two payroll cycles, performing approximately 175k balance adjustments, accurately bringing the two systems in sync, successfully putting the project back on track within 2 months, instead of 12 months as indicated by the implementation contractor, as well as avoiding additional unbudgeted project conversion costs of approximately $500k.
- Rescued a failing process that had lingered for 6 months, determining and accurately recording, within 3 weeks of process rescue, 75k+ general ledger corrections which resulted from of production issues of an upstream process.
- Partnered with consultants and end users to define requirements, translate them into functional and non-functional requirements, and produce Implementation Analysis and module Configuration documentation.
- Developed and executed test scripts and scenarios, performed and assisted end users in performing user acceptance testing.
- Developed test data validation process which allowed for detailed validation of entire employee population of 4500+ against legacy system. Process was ultimately used to mitigate show stopping issues identified during Payroll testing in the upstream Time and Labor module so that Payroll could proceed with go live, while simultaneously correcting issues in Time and Labor module configuration.
- Developed functional specifications for fixed assets data conversion and supplier data conversion.
- The only team lead to accurately configure modules in production environment, and perform conversion successfully, converting 18k plus capital asset records, with 100% accuracy.
- Accurately performed multiple conversions due to scope creep / last minute change in requirements.
- Facilitated process improvement sessions to close gaps between existing and proposed business processes.
- Research, analyze, redesign, test and implement business process improvements to integrate business process with system functionality.
- Developed work around process to record yearly payroll accrual, reducing processing time from two plus weeks, down to four hours.
- Managed project team of 6 in developing as-is business process mapping, functional and technical specifications for development of a Request for Proposal (RFP) for an integrated, web-enabled, tier-1 ERP package.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (Oracle eBusiness Suite) Project Implementation Team Lead
- Worked together with executive leadership and consultants to consistently ensure new technology products and business processes, meet business requirements, as well as operate effectively and efficiently with internal and external, upstream and downstream processes.
- Responsible for performing fit gap on existing revenue administration system and providing executive leadership a recommendation as to whether to proceed in seeking system replacement.
- Successfully implemented Electronic Content Management System, Hyland OnBase, for the Accounts Payable invoice payment process, which, through workflow, routes supplier invoices through approval and submittal to schedule to pay, and interfaces with Oracle eBusiness Suite, reducing payment processing times by over 75%.
- Due to high turnover, provided coaching, training, and backfill services to varying levels of the organization from executive leadership to entry level end users, in a wide range of areas, specifically focused on enterprise resource planning and revenue billing systems.
- Provided backfill services to new Controllers’ office on yearly external audit, as well as the development of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), with specific focus and guidance on Financial Reporting and Capital Assets, resulting in the City’s first time on time CAFR in four years, and clearing an external audit Qualified Opinion previously issued for Capital Assets.
- Identified and corrected a $2.5m discrepancy in cash balance sheet account, undetected by external auditors.
- Identified and removed $3.1m (6k+) in stale dated or cleared checks from the banks positive pay service, minimizing the risk for fraud.
- Performed Test Manager role for large scale implementation project, while simultaneously performing Team Lead role for multiple areas.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
Project Manager / Training Manager / Test Manager
- Strategically managed diverse projects through the project life cycle which includes planning, analysis, design, implementation, integration, testing, acceptance, installation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Implemented business software with no disruption to business. Implementations included General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Order Entry, Product Configuration, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Payroll, and Job Shop to support product fabrication.
- Developed functional and technical requirements, researched and reviewed various software applications, selected, and negotiated the contract for a Customer Resources Management/Support software solution.
- Met aggressive delivery schedules of four months or less.
- Provided solutions and streamlined support process to improve efficiency for users, resulting in more accurate solutions, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Applied support experience to develop documentation and training schedules and material that aligned with current and future business needs.
- Organized and maintained software training schedules, as well as conducted software training, establishing a culture where all employees were engaged in continuous skill development.
- Highly proficient in several software applications (Oracle E-Business Suite; Tyler-MUNIS, CGI-AMS Advantage, JD Edwards), Business Objects, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio).