- Results - oriented, innovative senior consulting professional with extensive program/project management, financial management, business process and technical consulting experience. Experience with Project Management methodologies and tools, including PMI, SDLC, MS Project, OWB, and JIRA. Employing proven project management techniques including financial analysis, staffing plans, requirements definition, work breakdown structures, testing criteria and change control.
- Experienced in organizing enterprise-scale projects on time, with elevated productivity and budgetary discretion.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to scope and direct the activities of clients, vendors, developers, technicians and end-users.
- Over 18 years of technical engineering, customer relationship, and project management experience. Past 15 years specifically as Project Manager engaged in Fortune 500 IT technical project planning and implementation.
- Balanced and versatile. Able to leverage diplomacy in critical, contentious and sensitive climates.
- Experienced in developing critical thinking skills within team to address complex problems.
- Able to lead, unify and energize fatigued teams past arduous challenges to a successful end and closer as a unit.
- Ability to communicate successfully across all levels of management and stakeholders. A persuasive negotiator with strong communication and presentation skills. Extensive experience presenting to highest levels of management. Clear articulation of technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to support simultaneous projects, acutely aware of detail, updates and deadlines. Able to plan and execute projects while balancing staff resources and skill sets in highly-matrixed organizations.
- Trained and mentored offshore managers, engineers, developers and technicians.
Confidential, Columbus OH
Sr Project Manager
- Working as a Project Manager for an ITMP (Infrastructure Technology Modernization Program) team handling remediation of the Applications which are on the older versions of Java 1.6 and .Net 4.6.2.
- Managing the Stakeholders and update them periodically on the latest updates, Receive Budget approvals, Request any exceptions etc.
- Consolidate the True up budgets for the program
- Present the Forecasted and actual budget scenario for every month.
- Manage the Stakeholder Expectations on the quarterly targets
- Work towards achieving the quarterly targets by working closely with the team
- Participated in Rapid Alignment session in discussing the new projects
- Conduct Synch up meetings for the ITMP Team at Program level.
- Review and update the weekly Actual vs Forecast variances on Budget
- Review the Consolidated resource plan to understand and forecast the future work.
Confidential, Marysville, OH
- Responsible for managing all aspects of a project life cycle (SDLC, waterfall, agile), including projectized and functional Human Resources/matrix organization team members.
- Used CAPPM project management, resource management, risk management and budget management. Documented requirements in Clarity. Use Clarity for incidence management and change management. Ran clarity budget reports.
- Responsibilities include Build and Run portfolio consisting of new Application Enhancements, Defect Management, System and Application upgrades, Incident resolution management, Cutover and Deployment activities.
- Worked closely with the infrastructure and BI teams to develop the infrastructure and the technology stack to be used for the projects.
- Managed $5M agile scrum project for developing a Java based quality application (NA QICS) to track defects on the assembly line. Reports include 3 project managers, 25 offshore developers, BI and infrastructure team.
- As part of NAQ project managed migration of data from SQL to DB2 and loading that into a NA Regional Report Mart by using Q-rep to populate Hadoop and ETL data in the Report Mart.
- Managed a scrum project to create an enterprise integration platform using JBoss Fuse/Karaf and Active MQ. This application platform was used to integrate all the external applications with the Confidential GLAC (Global Line control; Systems) in an efficient and seamless manner. Worked directly with the RedHat team on design and initial development. Later lead a team of 10 offshore developers and on-site SME’s.
- Lead a digital Mobile project to replace paper-based Operational Procedures/standards used for manufacturing Confidential Cars across all North American plants.
- Managed a portfolio of Confidential manpower, PDDA, training, MDRS applications using the Dev Ops model. Worked with the plants to plan, manage and execute decommissioning their legacy PDDA and MDRS infrastructure to achieve cost savings.
- Created RFPs and reviewed and approved SOW’s for Confidential external vendors.
- Responsible for meeting and reporting project's QCD's and KPI's, and presenting to organization's leadership
- Building change management plans and integrating change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Worked with the NA site IT leadership to prepare site implementation plans. Presented project status and up-coming milestones and got NA manufacturing site leadership buy-in from the sites to integrate project implementation activities in sites future budget plans.
- Created and worked with stakeholders to define and accept the project on-going support models and issues logging and escalation procedure. Working with business defined post-implementation enhancements and CR workflows/procedures .
Confidential, Erie, PA
Sr Project Manager
- Focused on multiple Confidential multi-million-dollar Agile and waterfall projects using MS project and IBM ClearQuest and CA PPM.
- Responsible for defining project execution requirements, deliverables, project plans and schedules.
- Responsible for coordinating system engineering, development, test and validation activities. Worked closely with Program Managers, System Engineers, HW/SW engineers, and cross-functional teams to plan and drive the execution of engineering activities.
- Accountable for planning, budgeting, analysis, & reporting program to management & stakeholders. Developed, communicated, and maintained a detailed project plan, work breakdown structure (WBS), scope/budget definition, cost/time management and schedule in MS Project.
- Defined and managed mitigation strategies for technical issues and risks.
- Managed scrum project to integrate QNX RTOS C++ based GE Fuel Saving Trip Optimizer (Auto Pilot) Project in into GE legacy train control system. This included integration of serial Communication Protocol for Multiple controller Interfaces, GPS communication Interface, Event Recorder/Black Box, and Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Embedded Controllers.
- Managed a project to develop an interface between the legacy train control system to a data recorder that collects locomotive Onboard Information and Communicates to off-board customer central office.
- Reviewed test procedures, purchasing specifications, and user manuals as well as conducted V & V (verification and validation) testing for Train Control subsystems on the HIL simulator and on the locomotive. Reviewed test cases from design documentation in DOORS and TeamCenter.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Product/Project Manager (Monitoring)
- Managed monitoring products, Alber & SiteScan product lines, and related support services in the large power product portfolio consisting of three-phase uninterruptible power systems, stored energy solutions, switchgear, and peripheral equipment.
- Used Clarity, JIRA and MS project to mange projects.
- Analyzed market dynamics, monitored competitive offerings, evaluated customer wants and needs and technology changes to develop product strategies, roadmaps and detailed product plans.
- Created and maintained marketing deliverables for the product development cycle including business plans, ROI justifications, sales and operational tools and documentation, quality and other business metrics goals and results.
- Developed product line price strategies and evaluate cost reduction initiatives for increased profitability.
- Delivered presentations to educate customers on product offerings and train internal, field service and sales associates. Report product line performance and plans; forecast orders and sales for assigned product lines.
- Developed custom Sitescan reports using the Emerson data warehouse. Developed customized infrastructure solutions for customers.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing and executing project charters and plans, defining project deliverables, and monitoring progress, ensuring compliance with schedules, budgets, and functional specifications. Drafted action plans with department executives to review project status and support proposed changes.
- Reviewed RFPs to ensure firm addressed requirements and incorporated win themes, created, developed, designed, and distributed draft response documents, and responsible for all edits, finalizing and coordinating delivery of proposals.
- Serve as the single point of contact for addressing project risks and issues, as well as implementing changes in schedules and budgets as needed to complete projects on time.
- Developed plans for incorporations of the SiteScan offering in the new java web-based Trellis (DCIM) software being launched by Emerson