Highly accomplished data center migration architect, senior leader, and infrastructure project manager with in - depth knowledge of business architecture, migration techniques, monitoring infrastructure and business applications/ infrastructure - including servers, operating systems, storage, networking, and virtualization. Demonstrated success building co-location sites, planning hardware and software moves, and implementing effective disaster recovery techniques. Excellent customer engagement capabilities with extensive experience leading the development of integrated architecture roadmaps and advanced knowledge of multi-tier application architecture and design.
- Data Center Consolidation & Closures Disaster Recovery Solution Architectures Customer Engagements
- ITIL Implementation Migrations Change Management Equipment Acquisition, Testing, & Maintenance
- Vendor Selection & Management Infrastructure Monitoring Access & Security Capacity Planning
- Resource Allocation Business Continuity Planning Disaster Preparation Hardware & Software Configuration
- Consolidation Application Development Hosted Cloud Environments Infrastructure Data Management
Data Center Move Project Manager
- Assigned to migration and merger of 3 petabytes of storage and 2,500 physical / virtual servers.
- Assisted with purchase and installation of data circuits and storage for safe transition of applications.
- Moved 500 physical / VM servers, storage, and EMC Avamar hardware, managing truck contracts and specs along with contracts. Coordinated shutdown of specific hardware in alignment with vendor contracts.
- Developed and implemented intricate plan to merge telephone systems across call centers, collaborating with vendors such as Cisco, Genesis, and Ring Central to establish a flexible cloud option and systems incapable of becoming obsolete
Data Center Decommission Project Manager/Technologist
- Delivered a clear, comprehensive strategic plan detailing requirements, scope, dependencies, and execution planning for decommissioning, hardware shutdown, and final deposition of the Dallas Data Center.
- Conducted and verified a thorough inventory of all physical and virtual hardware, network, storage, and tape backup equipment - including identifying dependencies and necessary actions to prevent production outages.
- Met exacting client specifications for data erasure prior to recycling by developing a clear-cut plan for hardware and backup tape cleaning.
- Developed an extensive logistics plan governing transport of repurposed hardware to its final destination.
- Led cross-functional technology teams to migrate individual employee files from NetApp to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Integrated Confidential third-party services into operational support plans.
Data Center Move Architect /Technologist
- Spearheaded 3 large-scale hardware transfers for consolidation from 3 data centers to 2 colocation cages. Delivered vendor selection and logistics to retain HW for maintenance. Types of hardware were EMC, HP and Dell blades and storage, Cisco Nexus and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Completed transfer of 75+ client-facing, revenue generating applications, databases, and web servers.
- Coordinated the redesign of DNS, DHCP, SCOM, Solarwinds, FTP, Logging, Active Directory, LDAP, Monitoring, Wiki, and Nagious as well as other Tier 0 services and IT tools.
- Drove QA testing in Philippines and India following transfer to new data center. Every application had its IP address, DNS, and AD entries changed as well as segregated apps/databases into new VLAN security layout.
- Collaborated with network specialists in highly complex security upgrade from flat VLAN infrastructure to a more modern and secure Palo Alto Firewall segregated VLAN layout.
- Collaborated with network specialist to discover all F5 load balancer VIPs in addition to redesign and clean them up internally and externally.
- Coordinated the change with all external vendors and customers to whitelist a new external egress IP, and setup testing to ensure readiness.
- Worked with network specialists to roll out Global Traffic Management (GTM) and Local Traffic Management (LTM) schemas.
- Liaised with big 3 credit bureaus on conversion from HW-based to internet-based access screening capabilities to facilitate upgrade path for applications.
- Relocated a 300-seat call center from South Carolina to Texas utilizing data circuits to “hop scotch” the applications, and upgrading MS SQL from to 2016 for HA (high availability) features.
- Coordinated the smooth transfer of 18 companies that subscribe to Technology as a Service to the new data center colocation site.
- Achieved top commendations for superior performance and support of world-class operations.
Infrastructure Project Manager
- Managed complex infrastructure relocation and decommissioning projects for Confidential, a leading provider of technology solutions for the mortgage servicing industry.
- Moved 2 data centers to new co-location facilities and decommission them after the move, collaborated with team members to transition more than 50 applications and 500 TB of data, and ensured the team’s adherence to strict budgeting and scheduling parameters.
- Provided comprehensive project management across 4 sites in the USA and 2 sites in India, and managed 10 infrastructure personnel with skills in Linux/Unix, storage, networking, and Windows.
Data Center Migration Architect
- Directed migration services, including overseeing automated inventory, power, requirements, rack elevations, application inventories, hardware / software interdependencies, and end-to-end planning for moving clients.
- Managed all virtual and physical infrastructure and applications, including process reviews, equipment purchases, data circuit oversight, business communications, and outage negotiations with business lines.
- Conveyed an in-depth understanding of ESX clusters, Confidential AIX and HP-UX systems, as well as HP internal processes for data center requests, internal data center tools, and HP procurement processes.
- Coordinated the installation of monitoring tools at the new datacenter using HP, CA and BMC software to monitor network, server and software performance
Data Center Migration Architect
- Provided planning and implementation of private/public cloud managed solutions, focusing on requirements, interdependencies, and risk mitigation, and developed an understanding of the overall environment.
- Designed and managed the installation, set up, and testing of rack layouts, copper and fiber cabling, security systems, network switches, rack elevations, power and heat loads, and floor load calculations.
- Planned hardware resources, data replication times, and move logistics to minimize down times and oversaw co-location services.
- Planned the virtual and physical infrastructure and applications, purchased new equipment, and managed data circuit oversight, business communications, and outage negotiations.
- Delivered an excellent understanding of complex New York City physical move logistics, including route planning, office building logistics, labor union requirements, and risk mitigation.
- Managed projects consisting of moving more than 3,500 physical devices over 5 months, 500+ servers into the Centrylink “platform as a service” cloud, and numerous small data centers to co-location facilities.
Data Center Relocation Program Manager
- Oversaw the migration timeline for multiple lines of business successfully coordinating new seed equipment, physical and logical moves requiring careful planning of available hardware resources, data replication times, and move logistics in order to minimize risk and down times.
Data Center Relocation Architect
- Managed the data center move for a major retail business including administering all financial, supply chain, merchandise, and store system applications.
- Led the discovery and mapping of systems and data dependencies for all platforms and applications in an environment including Confidential Z Series mainframe, I Series (AS/400), UNIX, Linux, Wintel, both physical and virtual, SAN storage and virtual tape systems.
- Coordinated the migration timeline for the move and collaborated with IT and business stakeholders to minimize risks during both the discovery and migration processes.
- Directed the clean-up of infrastructure projects, operation tools, and security provisioning software, working with business stake holders to understand requirements, timelines, and risks in order to meet deadlines and improve the overall service to current and new customers.
- Managed project schedule with effort-based Microsoft Project plan for transition of operations to a standardized set of infrastructure monitoring, provisioning, and backup tools for a cloud IaaS.