- Insightful experience of 7 years across multiple Java, Big data and Mainframes projects.
- Experience in developing Map - Reduce programs using Apache Hadoop for working with Big Data.
- Experienced in Big data solutions and Hadoop ecosystem related technologies. Well versed with Big Data solution planning, designing, development and POC's.
- Experience in working with various Hadoop infrastructures such as Map Reduce, Hive, PIG, SQOOP, Flume, HBase, DB2, MONGO DB, Sqoop and BMC.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts. Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Concepts, Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented Analysis (OOA), Programming and its implementation.
- Adept Confidential software development cycles involving System Study, Analysis, System Design, Development, and Implementation and Testing.
- Experience in working with Mainframes, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, EASYTRIEVE, DB2, IMS DB, JAVA, Eclipse Plug-ins, UNIX, Shell Script, Batch, J2EE, WEB SERVICES and SQL Developer.
- Expert in database optimization issues.
- Deft Confidential mapping the customer / clients requirements, custom designing solutions & troubleshooting for complex software & application problems.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with proven abilities in resolving complex software issues.
- Continuous outstanding performance from the past 4 years.
- Good experience in integration, debugging, design, analysis, and implementation.
- Strong experience in client interaction and understanding business application, business data flow and data relations from them.
- Committed to excellence, self-motivator, fast-learner, team-player, and a prudent developer with strong problem-solving skills and communication skills
- Expert in Big data projects.
- SME in IBM RDz.
- SME in Cost Basis Reporting system.
Senior Mainframe Developer
Confidential - New York, NY
- Experience designing and developing Mainframe batch programs using COBOL, DB2 SQL, Easytrieve, MQ SERIES, ISPF JCL, and other utilities such as SYNCSORT ETC
- Experience with online development using CICS, IMS DB/DC, PSBs, and SSAs.
- Managed the successful release of various IBM mainframe storage management software products, including CICS/VR, z/OS DFSMS, z/OS BTLS, and z/OS NFS.
- Promoted to Associate, Advisory and Senior levels; attained IBM Senior Project Manager Certification.
- Experience with change control methodology using SERENA CHANGEMAN.Project Management activities including timelines, cost, change requests, status gathering from all impacted teams etc. with using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology.
- Act as HPLM Administrator supporting the software testing tool for both PECO and ComEd users in such areas as; user provisioning, project setup, tool customizations, and report creation.
- Allocate hours between onsite and offshore resources and work on capacity planning for work assigned to development team for different projects.
- Monitor SLA adherence for production support tickets and development projects for number of defects, on time delivery and estimation accuracy. Resolve system defects and ABP abends
- Facilitate offshore team with code review, design review and test plan review with client team and getting all necessary approvals for implementation of project as per change management guidelines
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and meet the project deadlines.
- Provide development status of projects to IBM and WellPoint management team.
- Stored, maintained and completing documents in SHAREPOINT
- Responsible for teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Gathering Requirements for SSCR(small enhancements) formally document them in project repository
- Updated Project action plan, Detailed Requirements Specifications, Impact Analysis, File Specifications, System Run Chart (flow chart), Data Base Requirements, Program Specifications, Operation Manual, Program Development, Coding, Unit Test Plan, System Test plan, Inter System Test plan, Implementation plan, Post implementation check and User rating
- Worked on approval and funding of a solution, resource will assist with the project implementation, overall technical architecture design leadership for implementation
- Worked on Detail system design and implementation
- Worked on multiple fast paced projects in different development phase simultaneously.
- Perform Impact analysis through Endeavor scans and identify impacted elements.
- Identify solution and prepare design documents.
- Provided 24/7 production support to Mainframe system, which includes support during night batch run, providing temporary fix to JCL's during batch abends to avoid delay.
- Conduct Design walkthroughs and obtain sign - off from stake holders.
- Monitor the defects logged in Rational Clear Quest and document resolution. close relevant TSRM incidents and track the status of open incidents
- Resolve Application Outages and ensure application availability.
- Prepare Implementation and Backout plans for SSCR and Projects.
- Worked on Client (Healthcare) internal QR review and Architecture Peer Reviews.
- Prepared Deployment Plan, Location document for the Releases.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, CICS, DB2, RACF, ZMF, ETL,, z/OS, SQL, Changeman, Rexx, DB2, IMS- DB, IDMS, RMF, Main view, Vantive, Quality center, File aid, Comparex, SOA, DataStage, Web Services, QMF, SPUFI, Strobe, Oracle apps, VB .net and ASP.net.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for gathering business requirements from business users and attending business requirement walkthrough meetings.
- Acts as a technical analyst to create detailed system requirements based on the business requirements. Communicates extensively with the business analysts to understand the business needs and converts them into system requirements.
- Involved in the coordination of all phases of software development. Involved right from the requirement gathering of a project thru the technical design, coding, testing and till the implementation and implementation support.
- Responsible for resolving the defects during the Quality Assurance (QA) testing by interacting with QA testing team and development team.
- Implemented complex projects successfully by interacting with different infrastructure teams like DBA, CICS management team and Configuration management.
- Developed complex and user friendly CICS interfaces for processing and user maintenance.
- Created CICS programs which interact with messaging services like WebSphere MQ and TSQ.
- Received accolades from the client and was rated 10/10 on customer satisfaction.
Environment: z/OS,TSO/ISPF,COBOL,CICS,JCL,DB2,VSAM, QMF, SPUFI, IBM File Manager, Intertest, JCL Utilities, Endevor, ALM defect management, CA-7
Junior Mainframe Developer
Confidential - Middletown, NJ
- Create New Accounts, Establish and Update Message Guides, Add, Change, and Remove RSUs on accounts, Update PIC information, Add, Change, and Remove OCP's, Calling Cards, Network Services, Service Transfer and Service Change on accounts.
- Execute the UNIX commands to run the scripts whether the files from Mainframes to UNIX environment.
- Send the Files to UNIX by executing the NDM/Connect Direct process.
- Monitor the Jobs in CONTROLM Scheduler and Order the tables to schedule the jobs on timely manner.
- Setup the jobs in CONTROLM scheduler.
- Executing the SQL queries by using Stored procedures.
- Working with TDQ's & TSQ's.
- Creating BMS MAPS using Macros. worked with TCP, KCP, PCP, FCP, PCT, PPT, FCT.
- Working with commands like CESN, CECI, CEMT, CEDF, CESF, CEBR.
- As a Scrum Master need to monitor the sprints are successfully completed in time.
- Guide the team to resolve the production Issues on time to meet SLA's.
- Involved in Impact analysis, Entered Estimations in estimator tool, creation of HLD & Detailed Design documents.
- Working in Online Screens (IMSDC Screens) - Adding an TN, USOC, etc., in Onlines.
- Creating Test plan, Unit Test Cases, Test Results & Validation plans.
- Performed unit testing, Application Testing, End-to-End Testing, Volume Testing and Regression testing.
- Creation and Maintenance of Quality Documents like Defect log, Review Log, Validation Plans, Test Cases & Results, etc.
- Coordinating with the team members to meet the Project Deadlines by Planning.
- Experience in managing status reports and tracking and reviewing the work products.
- Attend Status Review meetings with in the team.
Environment: Z/OS, COBOL, UNIX, DB2, CICS, IMSDB/DC, Stored Procedures, MQ series, CONTROLM, CA7, SQL using QMF/SPUFI, JCL, VSAM, FILE-AID, Easytrieve, REXX, Endeavor, BMC-Remedy, XPEDITOR & AGILE Methodologies.