- A team player with strong work ethics, interpersonal and communication skills seeking a fast paced dynamic environment to share my in - depth knowledge and skills as a Business Analyst in implementing clients’ need into software application development.
- Results-driven and wide skill-set consultant, experienced as a System Analyst/Business Analyst in Healthcare and Transportation domain.
- Responsible for managing multiple technical projects and business solutions against strict budgets and time constraints.
- Researched and negotiated contracts with 3rd-party vendors for RFP responses.
- Developed complex pricing models for different types of application and offerings.
- Broadened existing customer relationships to gain strategic positioning, retain existing revenue, and attain additional business.
- Established trust and rapport with client organizations, senior leadership and operational managers.
- Developed and maintained milestones and metrics for presentation to management that measured the progress of strategic plans, projects, and programs against organizational goals and objectives
- Partnered with senior level company officials and subject matter experts to gather and develop detailed business requirements for system implementations and service requests
- Good team player with excellent written, verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in conducting Gap Analysis and preparing manuals.
- Extensive knowledge in working on Federal and State Mandated Health Care Projects and DWH/Reporting Projects.
- Worked on healthcare standards such as HIPAA 4010, 5010 and ICD-9 & ICD 10.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially MS Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio etc.
- Facilitated and attended Formal Peer Review sessions to identify the critical evaluation or examination of several project documents produced by other Business Analysts.
- Worked extensively with Management and multiple Vendors to ensure successful development and implementation of application and ensured that the solution is on schedule and in budget.
- Hands on knowledge of working as a Share Point Administrator.
- Monitor contracts for compliance with state and federal laws as well as agency regulations.
- Worked with a team to perform risk-based security reviews of first and third parties including internal systems, external facing systems and outsourced vendors.
- Documented and communicated security findings to internal and external stakeholders including third party vendors.
- Participate in the development and oversight of remedial actions/processes relating to security issues.
- Participate in cross-functional, team, and status review meetings.
- Recommend process improvement for security related issues.
- Hands on experienced with business process reengineering.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting.
- Prepared formal Documentations for all Application Scan.
Modeling Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Waterfall
Process/ / Modeling Tools: Sparks, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, MS Visio
Databases: Teradata, SQL Server, MS Access
Languages: SQL, HTML
Operating System: WINDOWS 98/2000/NT/XP
Project Management: MS Project
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, SharePoint
Testing/Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Jira, Load Runner, Serena, BIS, VersionOne, TFS
Confidential, Jackson, MS
Project Manager/Lead Business Analyst
- Responsible for oversight of engagement implementations and ensure deliverables are met in various phases of project cycle.
- Conduct Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions to gather, organize specifies and model requirements and business solutions to ensure they are complete, unambiguous and are in sync the goals, scope and business plans.
- Ensures that requirements and solutions map to the real-world business needs, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet engagement standards SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time-bound).
- Recommend methods to track and communicate key performance measures and other business tools.
- Provide intelligence and analytical support, including competitive intelligence, economic intelligence, market analysis, site selection demographic models, report cards and performance assessments, and market-testing of strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate the scope of change in process and identify critical contributors.
- Analyze current functionalities of business areas and provide guidance in planning for future business needs.
- Conduct operational effectiveness reviews to ensure functional or project systems are applied and functioning as designed
- Evaluate the scope of change in process and identify critical contributors.
- Analyze current functionalities of business areas and provide guidance in planning for future business needs.
- Liaison between technology team and the business clients to improve/streamline process to support critical business applications by using business process modeling techniques.
- Coordinate with business and technology team on issues and solution management and obtaining approvals on closure documents.
- Facilitate by-weekly meetings with technology team and business clients to track task progress, dependencies and resolve any conflicts.
- Document discoveries and prepare conclusive recommendations for implementation of new processes and changes
- Work with business users to understand and document reporting and planning requirements while providing users with day-to-day technical support of business process and planning applications.
- Author and maintain documents like BRD (Business Requirement documents), contribute to Change Control Documents, Program Dash board, Status Report, Project Closure Documentation and Lessons Learned by staying in line with Business/ Corporate strategies and Industry Standards.
- Function as integrator between business needs and technology solutions by liaising with third party vendors, business stakeholders and system areas.
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Lead Business Analyst
- Migration from Coldfusion to Java platform.
- Gathered requirements specifically for a secure connection for data transfer between the public facing and internal application.
- New efficient process flows were built in and secured with role base access to protect data manipulation.
- Build role based access for the internal application.
- Weaved in Audit trails for monitoring and access control.
- Worked closely with PM for resource allocation.
- Create status reports for the stake holders and upper management.
- This project was a rewrite and modernization of the existing application.
- Special attention was paid to creation and securing the document repository (FileNet).
- Gathered requirements for Public facing application and worked with the developers and testers to successful completion of the project.
- Worked with the St of MI compliance team to ensure that the Public facing application was ADA compliant.
- Worked closely with PM for resource allocation and time and budget planning.
- Involved in sprint planning session.
- A new universe was created to securely store and extract date gathered from all St of MI Airports, Canadian Border Crossings (Secure data), Carpool Parking Lots, Marine Ports & Ferry Service, Pipeline Terminals, Rail Related Communities/Junctions, Rail Truck Transfer facilities, Rail Lines and Motorized and non-Motorized rights of way.
- Conducted stakeholder’s interviews to analyze and document the current state of security process (for internal and public facing application).
- The new system was built on role based access having two layers of security.
- Special attention was on public facing application with regards to granting access and masking critical data.
- Analyzed and created Standard Reports which could be extracted for Management user.
- Worked with Business and development team in an agile environment to successful completed of the project.
- Worked with the Business Unit for UAT testing. We had over 30 business/stake holders who were testing the application along with end users Public User .
- Worked closely with the User Interface (UI) team to design this extremely complex system. Together with the UI team we created over 300 mock ups.
- Conducted recurring session with the steak holders to get the UI design approved.
- Ensured that this complex system was ADA compliant as per St of MI standards.
- Worked closely with PM and Techlead in planning sprints and resource allocation.
- Assisted the PM in status reporting.
- Gathered requirements by analyzing the current system to improved registration functionality, reporting capabilities and system administrator functionality.
- Worked closely with CEPAS (third party Vendor) to analyze the as-is process for processing and transmitting payments and PII data.
- Worked with the Tech Lead in designing and establishing a secure connection between Confidential and CEPAS.
- Added SKU in Construction Permitting System (CPS) and implementing an improved CEPAS Status check process.
- Gathered requirements, worked with developers and testers to ensure that the new payment process was as designed.
- Ensured that the improved One Stop site was user friendly and ADA approved.
- Ensured that PII information was masked based on role access.
- Worked with Confidential Document Repository team (FileNet) to create libraries to host massive data relating to this project.
- Created a secure connection between internal and external facing application.
- Gathered requirement for Single Sign On ( Confidential MiLogin) for internal, external and public users.
- Provided a second layer of security by establishing role based access.
- Analyzed the as is process and implemented a new improved role based access process flow.
- Assisted in second person and end user testing of this complex system.
- Ensured that the application was ADA compliant.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
Sr Systems Analyst/QA
- Analyzed the business requirements, functional specifications, and SRS documents of the project
- Prepared test plans, high-level test scope, and test strategy for the project
- Developed test scenarios and test cases based on the business process flows and the acceptance criteria in the stories
- Reviewed all test artifacts delivered by the team
- Prepared and performed test execution plans and coordination of test cycles
- Creating and updating regression test suites with new cases to cover new functionalities and benchmarks.
- Experience in Batch (MVS) & Online (CICS) application design, development, testing.
- Involved in End to End testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Back End Testing and Performance testing of Medical and Dental modules.
- Experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management, issue escalations.
- Involved in the through testing of the curam IEG, Eligibility rules and the Annual Case Review process
Business Lead/Senior Business Analyst
- Business Lead and Subject Matter Expert for developing, configuration and implementation of BIS (Agile Methodology).
- Review solicitations and proposals to ensure best value/best practices while preparing competitive cost structure and pricing for bids.
- Ensured proposal activities were executed on time and in accordance with company policies/procedures, reviewed proposal sections for responsiveness, clarity, and completeness, quality, and RFP compliance.
- Write, edit, and create Non-Disclosure, Teaming, and Subcontractor Agreements.
- Manage requests for proposals during all stages of development
- Successfully delivered the project in a timely manner and maintaining budgetary constraints.
- Maintaining cordial relations with Vendors, business areas and system areas (for State of MI) and assuring that the task activities are on target with regards to maintenance and renewals of access for application’s/systems.
- Administered the company SharePoint (2007) application to streamline storage, maintenance & create new libraries.
- Conduct Joint Application Development (JAD) session and gather requirements, convert them into functional requirements, render oversight to all development and testing activities and providing traceability for all new application access forms (Agile Methodology).
- Spearhead by-weekly meetings with Developers and Testers to track task progress, dependencies and resolve any conflicts.
- Generating by-weekly reports and providing development and testing status to State of MI.
- Generate project documentation for internal and external Audit.
- Play an active role in resource allocation and time management.
- Act as a Lead in project management documentation and process development for the company. Creating Standardized documents and processes.
- Analyzed and documented deficiencies and identified new and improved ways to secure our Access Applications.
- Conduct JAD sessions with stake holders to gather requirements for the PROM Application.
- Work with the development and testing team to trace requirement completion.
- Conduct weekly brainstorming session with the Project team including the client to find ways to enhance the current application.
- Own and manage the following documents: Business Requirement Document (Utilized Sparks Tool), Business Requirement’s Change Log,
- Requirement Traceability Document, Defect Tracking Log, Dash Board, by-weekly Status Reports and any other Audit related documents.
Lead/Senior Business Analyst
- Facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting JAD sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Responsible for process improvement with Contracts and Proposals, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Working with administrative and support staff to validate and clarify business activity and prepare reports of actuals against projections.
- Establish share point forecast tool for collecting direct inputs from field force.
- Tracking internal team and individual performance against objectives.
- Gathered business and functional requirements for the project by conducting interviews and JAD sessions with the process owners and stake holders.
- Heavily used Visio/Business process modeling to streamline the existing processes.
- Used Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint in preparing business requirement documents and other spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Assisted PMO in managing the weekly risk meetings and change control business (CCB) meetings.
- Liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Interpreted customer and field information and ideas to develop new product promotions for NPD (New Product Development) and NPI (New Product Introductions) processes.
- Worked with Key stakeholder in developing short and long term marketing plans along with year-over-year gross margin guidance and required discount strategies.
- Led the development of pricing database and reporting tools utilized across the affiliate business to assert pricing strategies, developed recommendations and measured trade channel sales and margin performance.
- Been a part of the PMO team in creating documentation as per the new program management process.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for defining business requirements and follow-up for Project Plan updates.
- Designed use-cases and use-case models to further refine the requirements and understand the business processes.
- Created customized Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) document to organize and track requirements till implementation phase.
- Gained consensus for business requirements being fully met and attainable technical development expectations.
- Was part of the Business and Solutioning team to perform gap analyses and documented the findings.
- Lead facilitator for project development and implementation (conducted JAD session, worked with Architects, Developers and Testing team).
- Spearheaded the fast track Business Requirement gathering process and project closure process.
- Performed analysis on existing business processed along with the Client/Legal department, recommended enhancements, and implemented strategies to streamline current processes.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the project plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Worked with the client through JAD Session to create and update Business Requirement Documents.
- Similar process modeling was done for claim processing as well, removing the pain points & bottlenecks in claim mapping, member identification & uniquely identifying that member, claim adjudication, removing duplicate claims, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the Business units, QA and the Technical teams.
- Created Impact Assessment Documents and Requirement Traceability Matrix to identify the Impacted IT areas and track status of development/testing.
- Crated Documentation for Gate Closures at each state of the Project (including customer satisfaction survey, and other documentation for audit purpose).
- Partnered with the IT Delivery Lead to successfully deliver Confidential mandated Women’s Preventive Health Benefits - R4 Autism project implementation.
- Partnered with the Project Manager to manage a project team of 7 to implement a large and complex integrated technical solution which impacts multiple systems, cross functional IT teams, down- stream applications and a Pre-Authorization Vendor which requires SIT/UAT and regression testing.
- Assisted in financially managing a large complex $4.1 million dollar budget and was responsible for the estimate, budget, year-end carry-over, accruals, forecast model, re-estimate and financial change control approvals and release.
- Conduct and lead JAD sessions with business users and stakeholders to analyze the business requirement and resources.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document for enhancement of the existing services.
- Wrote FRDs for the requirements and RTM for testing and defect tracking.
- Worked with a team on Technical Design Documentation (TDD) for the provider claims processing system.
- Development of detailed MSP work plan utilized to manage time tracking, milestone dates, critical path, dependencies, burn rate, project forecast, risk and issues log and Gantt chart views.
- Facilitated Provider Enrollment, Setting up Provider profile & Trading Partner Agreement.
- Helped creating Provider Reports i.e. Financial and Claims processing.
- Performed task estimations and documentation of procedures.
- Assisted the QA team in integration testing and regression testing and also conducted user acceptance testing with UAT team.
- Safety reporting on system-based projects, acted as a liaison, writing documentation and increased project coordination.
- Facilitated JAD session to collect and created the Business Requirements Document with its key components including Use Cases, Functional Requirements Document, and Gap Analysis.
- Prepared the Business Workflow Diagrams using MS-Visio.
- Worked hand in hand with a team of Architects and assisted in facilitating JAD sessions to collect requirements from system users and prepared business requirements that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Involved in business analysis, coordinating between the team members and creating test plans according to the business requirements.
- Worked with the clients on the final signing process in the User Acceptance stage.
- Responsible for business requirements management, project delivery on time and within scope of business requirements.
- Worked with the project manager for planning and organizing the project activities, and in communicating with other business managers and stakeholders of the project.