- Over 15 years of experience in New Product Development, Program Management, Client Engagement & Delivery in Healthcare Payer & Provider domain.
- Deep executive level client interfacing experience, working with business and technical stakeholders. Devised strategies for growing customer accounts, increasing revenue / profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Managed cross functional global development teams ranging from 10 - 50 resources with project value ranging from $100k to up to $50mn
- Hands-on experience across product development life cycle - analyzing market needs / business requirements, solution conceptualization, defining features/user stories, user experience design, managing agile development iterations, product implementation / roll out - for a variety of mobile, portal based and analytics driven digital solutions
- Devised product strategy, roadmap, rollout & launch planning, marketing, pre-sales & business development, managing partner network
- Experience in leading Agile projects as Agile Coach, Product Owner & SCRUM Master. Proven project management capabilities with a strong analytical capability; ability to flex between details and the bigger picture
- Experience in managing pre-sales and sales support - opportunity qualification, bid management, RFI/ RFP responses, proposal presentations, pricing, SOW / contract negotiations
- Led product development and COTS implementation projects across Healthcare Payer and Provider domain for clients in Commercial Health Insurance, Independent Software Vendors (ISV) & Government & non-profit customer segments.
- Currently working as Program Manager with Confidential ’s Medicare / Medicaid Managed Care product division. Prior to Confidential, worked with IT Consulting organizations and niche technology start-ups - in various customer facing roles like Account manager, Program/Project manager and Business Analyst.
- Program Management / Project Management
- Client Engagement Management
- New Product Development
- IT Services Global Delivery
- Product Owner / SCRUM Master
- Requirements Definition, UX Design
- Vendor Management
- Pre-sales / Sales support
- People management / Organizational skills
- Healthcare Payer
- Medicare Advantage
- Managed Medicaid
- Healthcare Provider
- Patient / provider portal
- Referral management
- EHR workflows
- CPOE, ePrescribing
Confidential, New Jersey
- Overall Product business ownership for Confidential including New Product Development, Product Implementations and Customer Support:
- Revenue 360 is Confidential cloud based analytics platform for reconciling member eligibility & enrollment data, capitation and other payments from CMS / various State Medicaid entities to MAPD plans and Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
- Product Development & Enhancements
- Define business case, product strategy, release roadmap / roll out plan
- Drive requirement elicitation / JAD sessions with Client SMEs to establish product functionality
- Product backlog management, including reviewing customer requests, prioritizing features/epics/user Stories, finalizing wireframes, conduct sprint / release reviews.
- Strategic Customer Engagements
- Program manage strategic implementations - establish project scope, assign resources, conduct implementation kick offs, monitor project scope/timelines and risks, supervise implementation PMs.
- Lead steering committee meetings to review project progress, bring the voice of the customer to product engineering teams and serve as single point of contact for any escalations
- Oversee monthly reconciliation processing and production support activities and ensure SLA compliance
- Pre-sales / Sales Support
- Engage with customers during sales cycle to understand business drivers and pain points and showcase Product capabilities.
- Ensure prompt clarifications to technical and commercial / contractual questions from the clients, prepare proposal presentations and support Sales through opportunity closure
- Enable day to day tactical sales support to account managers and field sales staff - sales training, product demos, collateral development, handling RFI / RFP responses
- Participate in industry conferences and participate in user group sessions to present new products / features
- Process Improvement
- Implemented agile best practices and standardized processes/templates to provide a baseline for successful and efficient implementations, established KPIs and governance mechanisms to drive operational improvement
- People Management
- Supervise and mentor a 30+ member team of implementation PMs, Business Analysts, Developers, QA and Help Desk staff.
- Plan skill and resource requirements to build implementation teams, onboarding/hiring of staff and performance reviews
Confidential, Washington DC
Project Manager / Engagement Manager
- Responsible for IT Services Delivery and Account Management at Confidential.
- Manage multiple development projects, third party testing and staff augmentation engagements with the the client and drive overall growth and profitability of the account
- Liaison with the PMO Director to understand future IT solution / staffing needs, present solution proposals, and help the customer in staff planning, budgeting and project roadmap
- Lead pursuit teams and respond to client RFPs. Plan, estimate, and develop proposals. Participate in pre-sales workshops and oral presentations
- Coached client team to inculcate Agile best practices and help in the transition from Waterfall to Agile. Facilitated organization wide adoption of VersionOne Agile project-tracking tool
- Managed a portfolio of agile / SCRUM projects. Lead Scrum Masters and team size of 25+ members distributed across onsite and offshore. Guided the team in effectively conducting Sprint Planning sessions, Stand-up meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Worked as Product Owner for two new products in Confidential Community Solutions portfolio, namely:Confidential Referral Network (ARN) - Integrated platform to allow Providers to send patient referrals with necessary clinical information electronically to other Providers in the same Healthcare System and receive consults.Confidential Community Exchange (ACX) - Cloud based Order Queue Manager for Hospital staff to allow affiliated Physician Practices to send lab orders to clinical labs and receive results.
- As a Product Owner, engaged with Hospitals, field sales & SMEs to analyze business opportunity, conceptualize high level product functionalities, created story boards / wireframes
- Developed product backlog, defined user stories, create Lo-fi wire frames, review visual design from UX designers, communicate requirements to engineering team and conduct functional reviews of sprint deliverables during Sprint review meetings
- Coordinate with other product groups within the organization and resolve conflicts.
- Organize trainings early adopters (beta) and product support & services teams
- Work with marketing team to develop product messaging, build collaterals and conduct product demonstrations.
- Served as SCRUM Master during the development phase, involving resources from onsite and offshore. Conduct Sprint Planning, daily SCRUM meeting, Sprint reviews and retrospectives.
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
- Worked as Product Owner for Confidential Patient Portal, a new product development initiative at confidential.
- Confidential Patient Portal - Portal based product targeted towards Physician Offices to help them set up a customized site for their practice and stream line communication with Patients for - appointment scheduling, online patient registration, pharmacy prescription refill requests, online bill payments, share lab results.
- Understand and analyze Provider needs and competing patient portal products available in the market. Work with Intuit’s Product management to define product vision & create a market requirements document.
- Manage requirements; in corporate feedbacks from pilot customers and partnering EHR vendors while defining overall product requirements
- Understand & analyze legacy product to capture business rules and derive product requirements re-engineering initiative.
- Create user persona, user stories, define acceptance criteria, work flows.
- Create Lo-fi interaction wire frames, and review visual design from user experience group.
- Work with Intuit’s Product marketing leadership in prioritizing the product features and obtain sign off for development
- Served as Scrum Master for the Cognizant’s offshore based development team during development phase, reporting to Intuit Project Manager.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Build industry specific solution prototypes leveraging latest Microsoft technologies to showcase organization's capabilities around Microsoft platform in different domains - Healthcare, e-Commerce, Mobile Computing
- Own and drive different phases in solution development life cycle - scenario conceptualization, requirements elaboration, UI modeling and finally testing of the deliverable from a functional perspective. Played role of Scrum master, leading a 7 member SCRUM team
- Conduct presales solution briefing sessions during customer visits, partner meets and other forums visits to showcase solution frameworks and demo solutions developed at MS CoE. Provide pre-sales support to vertical BD teams, draft case studies and white papers
- Manage offshore presales function for Confidential - client meetings, solution pitch, RFI/RFP response, proposal presentation etc.
- Facilitate client meetings, elicit business requirements, draft high level functional and non functional requirements, estimate effort using software sizing techniques like Function point analysis (FPA)
- Participate in client meetings for opportunity assessment & qualification, developing response strategy, proposal development, reviews, pricing / commercials
- Work closely with the delivery heads in identifying the right team, getting the pre-sales and delivery teams to develop the solution, estimates, schedules, technical responses etc. to complete the proposal
- Provide weekly reports to sales and delivery organizations to provide visibility on pipeline, probable deals etc. for planning and tracking business growth
- Engage with the clients across various sectors - retail, utility, health care, micro finance, media to identify and conceptualize Amida Simputer (world’s first Linux based mobile computing device) based mobile applications
- Build and drive ecosystem of the software companies to develop applications on the Simputer platform for enterprise customers. Created a network of 16 Affiliates (partners) with presence in different verticals and mobile application development experience
- Work closely with partners throughout the sales cycle to help them appropriately pitch and position Simputer based mobile solutions and win deals
- Promote software development kits (SDK) for developing applications for the Simputer platform. Added first 60 SDK customers which included software developers, government R&D centers, premier educational institutes to the ecosystem to handle application development for the Simputer platform in a span of 6 months
- Train the Amida Simputer call center team to handle first level presale / support related queries from the enterprise customers and monitor their performance
- Facilitate Simputer Developer training programs for leading academic & R&D institutes in India
Business Development Manager
- Manage lead generation campaigns through various channels - marketing databases, email campaigns, enquiries from trade shows, cold calling, resellers
- Schedule online product demos, facilitate product evaluation during trial phase and close sale
- Coordinate with Sales agents and Resellers and provided them with back end marketing support, leads, and competition analysis. Identified new resellers and train them on products.
- Increase on-line visibility of the products through search engine optimization, participation in the news groups, press releases, product directories, facilitating independent reviews by leading researchers and advertising
Business Development Manager
- Business development, Marketing and Customer Support for Confidential Bioinformatics product line - Beacon Designer, Array Designer & Sim Vector - simulation tools for Molecular Biologists
- Work closely with prospects during the product evaluation phase and bring the sales cycle to closure. Interface between Bioinformatics Scientists and customers to provide answers to their queries during product evaluation.
- Web positioning and key word optimization for PremierBiosoft e-Commerce website using site analytics tools like Omniture, Web position Gold to increase site visits and drive online enquiries and trial software downloads
- Involved in requirements definition and implementation of an in-house designed web based CRM software to capture and track leads thought-out the sales cycle.