- An established manager/certified classroom instructor with over 23 years of applied practical work experience in preparing and executing programs and course instruction for adult learners in DOD and federal agencies. experience utilizing design and development processes, providing on - the-job and instruction, building learning objectives, and developing adult learning assessment tools.
- Proven ability to effectively design, develop, and facilitate programs of instruction in various modalities through LMS such as Blackboard, Articulate Storyline 3, SharePoint, and Online Learning Center.
- Vast experience in leadership and direct supervision in diverse backgrounds of operational planning, policy and management.
- Deployed principles, techniques, and practices of instructional system development, research methodology, metrics and technology to develop, review, and revise instructional materials. Provided course development support to an Confidential client, blended learning materials, and innovative evaluation methodologies.
- Conducted an annual performance analysis and needs assessment to identify performance gaps, appropriate interventions, and identify other variables required to improve organizational performance.
- Proven adaptability organized and detail-oriented with an excellent work ethic, strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Suit.
- Ability to seek innovative solutions to challenges; sound decision making to achieve short and long-term results.
- Experience in advising, and motivating others in very complex and high stress environments; able to achieve results others may deem impossible.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Senior Leader Course
- Basic Instructor
- Supervisor Development Course
- Development Course
- Analysis Course
- Learning Management System
- Manager Development Course
Manager, Annapolis Junction, MD
- Creates and updates instructor-led content materials, student guides, instructor lesson plans, diagrams, and formative and cumulative assessments.
- Lead focus groups to vet quiz questions, establish content deadlines, rubric development for essay questions, student feedback analysis
- Consult industry best practices to develop the best temple for standardized instructor outlines/lesson plans, review customers KSA to compare against current courses, mapping objectives to quizzes and classroom exercises.
- Develop aids, custom interactive courses, and jobs proficiency test in Articulate Storyline 3 to ensure customer knowledge of programs.
- Instruct and evaluate requirements and standards, and designs and develops effective programs, conduct needs assessment, and data analysis.
- Develop content deliverables such as Quick guides for customers, online evaluation for employee proficiency, survey administration for field evaluations and preparation and distribution of security reports to stakeholders and senior management.
- Develops learning objectives and collaborates with SMEs to ensure course content is accurate. Ensures that documentation is written according to government standards and meets classification requirements.
- Designs and develops formative (knowledge check) and summative (exams and exercises) assessments to gauge the learner’s mastery of key concepts presented in learning material, utilizing the ADDIE model for instructional design and Bloom’s Taxonomy for assessment development.
- Plans, schedules, creates, provides logistical support and instruct new Vetting Analysts programs for TSA specific courses.
- Conducted studies, interpreted survey data, and recommended changes to curriculum for continuous process improvement of programs.
Manager Lead, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
- Coordinated logistical mission command program activities from conceptual stage through the life cycle of the ADDIE to meet product support for customer programs, projects and equipment.
- Coordinated the supply of logistics-related data to support customers in the general areas of engineering, supply, configuration management, technical requirements identification, installation and maintenance of equipment, safety and documentation development and maintenance.
- Coordinated with stakeholders to understand their distribution networks and determine the logistic resources required to support personnel and safely maintain equipment.
Course Developer, Fort Meade, MD
- Utilized Blackboard courseware management system for student enrollment/ disenrollment, managing quiz input, uploading PPT, pull test results, question analysis/statistics, managing student profiles and records.
- Designed, developed, and implemented ongoing technical and classes for Public Affair career fields.
- Conduct subject matter expert interviews and lead group discussions to understand the in-depth needs.
- Select appropriate assessment approaches, instructional strategies and available content to satisfy needs and meet goals.
- Create practical learning objectives and overall course motivation that reflect the course assessment.
- Design a cohesive course structure by sequencing and chunking learning content.
- Select effective instructional strategies and solutions. Use sound instructional design principles to develop courseware for adult learners in a hands-on environment.
- Create new instructional solutions for evaluation and demonstration; Lead the development of instructional solutions with the assistance of subject matter experts, technical writers and graphic design/video production based on storyboards.
- Develop instructor guides to ensure consistent and effective delivery of materials.
Developer/ Primary Test Control Officer, Fort Meade, MD
- Drafted course instructional material including critical tasks, conditions, standards, performance steps, and measures for over four Confidential courses
- Developed, evaluated, and updated programs, course content, materials, and reports. Contributor to the revision of TRADOC 350-6. Collaborated, briefed, and delivered to department leaders, directors, and senior management and civilian leaders.
- Developed and implemented online test and assessment procedures and end of course survey using Blackboard technology for distance classes.
- Oversaw and coordinated computerized information systems related to collecting and storing course data, generating management reports, and documentation.
- Participated in continuous improvement efforts and sought opportunities to continuously improve deliverables and processes in creative ways which would result in improved and desired outcomes.
- Researched and performed assessments, design of delivery methods, and approval of courseware to include job aids and lesson plans for multiple adult learning courses in different disciplines. Collaborated with SME and content developers and conducted research via surveys for the needs assessments.