- PMI PMP trained Project Manager & Certified Scrum master well versed in managing all aspects of the project lifecycle from initiation to implementation.
- Detail oriented Business strategist with strong leadership; plan and manage multimillion - dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage, and bottom-line gains and ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- Around 12 years of experience in project management and implementation of a variety of complex IT projects in utility, Mortgage, Banking, Insurance, Brokerage domains serving in various roles as Project Manager, Project Lead, Business Analyst, Scrum Master, Business System Analyst.
- Project Leading skills
- Project Planning, Budgeting
- Resource, Time, Cost, Risk & Vendor Management
- Change Management & Content Management
- Business Process Modeling & Re-engineering
- Skilled Negotiator
- Impact Analysis/SWOT/Cost-Benefit Analysis/Gap Analysis
- Quality Assurance
- Excellent Project Implementation
- Data Modeling/Data Mapping /Data Sourcing/Data Analytics/Business Intelligence
- An active listener with excellent negotiating and organizing skills, attained progressive growth through a commitment of delivering quality product on schedule, under budget and maintaining high level of client satisfaction.
- Well-versed with end-to-end IT solutions while multitasking as a Project Manager/Team Lead/ Scrum Master/ Business Analyst
- Experience in monitoring project deliverables for given timelines, budget and resources and excellent Project Management skills
- Documented Project Charter, Project Schedule, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and RACI matrix.
- Proactive leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills in building high-performance teams
- Innovative, attention to detail, resourceful, results-driven project manager with the ability to work with stakeholders across business, technical, shared services and cross functional areas.
- Have extensive experience in managing resources, developing business case, scope, schedule, and budget and stakeholder management.
- Strong technical orientation that complement a superior understanding on how to improve existing processes.
- Experienced in Vendor Management, Contract Negotiation processes, Monitoring program metrics and Reporting.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in different software development life cycle methodologies like Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile (Scrum).
- Strong experience on requirement Elicitation Techniques like Interviewing, Questionnaires, Brainstorming, and Requirement Workshops for enhancing features of the Application.
- Experience in Content Management Systems to organize and facilitate collaborative content creation.
- Prolonged experience in gathering requirements by facilitating Joint Application Development and Rapid Application Development sessions involving stakeholders, subject matter experts, project managers, developers and end users
- Expertise in conducting “AS IS”-“TO BE” GAP Analysis, and eliciting high-level business requirements& experience with Requirement Management tools such as Rational Requisite Pro and DOORS.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document, USE Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Design Specification (SDS), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Extensively worked on Business Process Models, Use Case Scenarios, UML Diagrams like Use case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Business Flow Diagrams using including creating new ones and updating existing ones using tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio and creating and web page mock ups using Balsamiq and Axure.
- Experience in conducting Impact analysis, ROI analysis, SWOT analysis and Cost benefit analysis and great ability to define timelines and set milestones
- Experience in Risk management, Quantitative and Qualitative Risk Analysis, task escalation and prioritization to mitigate risk and also authored the meeting minutes and weekly and monthly reports for the project and presented Status in Steering committee meetings
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes using the Rational Clear Quest.
- Experience in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Mapping, Data Sourcing, Data Modeling, Data ware house Architecture and generation of various reports for data marts in data ware house. A good understanding of Relational DBMS concepts like normalization, Cardinality has aided in writing simple and complex SQL queries for conducting data analysis.
- Experience in working and Comprehension on Client-Server architecture, and Object-Oriented design experience with Data Analysis, service-oriented architecture (SOA), SOAP Protocol, Web Services, Java, Ajax, WSDL and Internet protocol suite like HTTP,FTP, TCP to provide governing concepts used during phases of systems development and integration.
- Proficient in various management tools like JIRA, Version One and Good knowledge on Business Intelligence and experience with Business Intelligence tools like IBM Cognos, TABLEAU & qlikview.
- Extensive Experience in writing and executing Test Plans, providing Test Data, and creating Test Cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test summaries with the aid of testing tools like HPALM,HPQC and Load runner and Interacted with developers to report data related bugs and re-tested the fixed issues by JIRA.
- Authored and executed the test plans for the manual testing, System Testing, Integration testing, Performance testing, Black box testing, UAT testing and regression testing and reviewed their consistency with the business requirements.
- Familiar and authored artifacts following several Compliances like Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Dodd-Frank’s act, Securities Exchange Act (SEC) and Basel II/III implementation and Six sigma.
- Certified Scrum master and successful in facilitating the Scrum Process by conducting Scrum Ceremonies and Scrum Artifacts, assuring the Scrum process without any External and internal impediments and conflictions for the Scrum team and coordinating with the Product owner in prioritization of the requirements and the Acceptance criteria.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively with technical teammates in order to translate business requirements into an effective technical solution and serve as an effective communication channel between the key IT personnel and stakeholders.
- Strong Management Skills, demonstrated proficiency in leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming cohesive team environments and great Ability to manage multiple large scale projects concurrently and efficiently.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environment.
Business Modeling Tools: UML Modeling using Rational Rose, UML, MS Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, Wire frames
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-scrum, Waterfall-scrum, RUP, Scale-Agile
Business Skills: Change Management, Impact Analysis, RAD, JAD Sessions, Data analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Gap Analysis, ROI Analysis
Requirement Management: Rational Requisite Pro, MS Word, JIRA, Rational Doors, HP ALM,HP QC
Project Management Tools: MS Project, SharePoint, Confluence, Version One, JIRA
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Rational Clear Quest, Load Runner, Blue beam, RQM, CCM
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS
Reporting tools: Tableau Desktop, Cognos v8,MS Visio, Excel, SSRS, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS SharePoint,Qlikview,Crystal,Spotfire,Oracle BI
Databases: MY SQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle
Domain Knowledge: Utility, Mortgage, Banking, Insurance, Brokerage
Con Ed Project Manager
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Leading 7 Cross functional business teams and Vendor IT with a total team of 50 members
- Defining the project guidelines for project and identification of the stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining the scope without gold plating and scope creeps
- Planning the project with tasks and activities through Work break down structure and Gantt charts in MS project
- Tracking the daily activities and work progress of project team through daily meetings with the team
- Ensuring that they are no impediments for both business & technical teams
- Excellent Communication of the project status, risks and other important updates to the team & stake holders
- Coordinating with the offsite vendor team & business teams resources throughout the project
- Responsible for the delivery of the product per timelines and completion of tasks to meet the required delivery date
- Monitoring the testing phase and escalating the defect remediation on the critical & blockers for not to impact the testing timelines
- Obtaining the approvals to go live and make sure that business are trained with the new product
- Responsible for several process improvements based on the status and risk assessment meetings
- Identity risks and it’s impacts & provide risk mitigation
- Responsible for change management for new change requests or requirements and make sure that there is no increase in scope
- Managing several resources and their assigned work for higher productivity
- Planning the Go- live tasks and performing mock cutover for successful implementation
- Gathered requirements for internal enhancements and facilitated in its testing
- Tracking defects for the issues raised in testing phases through RQM & help in issue debugging
Environment: Water Fall Methodology, MS project, RQM, CCM, oracle BI, Power plan application, Oracle application, MS. Share point, MS Word, MS Excel
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Create and Monitor the project plan with tasks, dependencies, milestones and by gathering inputs from multiple teams
- Setup daily/weekly meetings to ensure milestones are being achieved and risks are mitigated
- Participate in System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process, conducting business, functional, and technical meetings, voicing concerns/suggestions, and providing solutions that result in better outcomes
- Account for complete project life cycle from inception to closure
- Identify issues, risks, and escalate to steering Committee as required and aid in mitigating the risks
- Oversee all deliverables are being produced per quality standards and maintain documentation in SharePoint
- Efficient in Resource Management, Change Management, Time Management
- Worked as Testing lead monitoring the test phases, maintaining the test cases in the RQM, Managing around 25 testers during the Testing phases, Defect remediation management through every day status meetings
- Efficient in providing best deployment plan with Roll backs & contingency plans
- Responsible for budgeting & forecasting, expense reporting, actual vs estimate analysis and controlling the budget throughout the project
- Communication of the status of the project & Risks through Status reports & Weekly meeting with the Team & stake holders
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, Oracle BI, Power Plan Application, RQM, CCM
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Obtained requirements to update the existing system to do automatic cancellations
- Documented the test cases and test plans
- Monitored testing process and the results
- Performed Issue tracking and debugging the issue
- Ensured that the all of the test case scenarios are successfully tested
- Provided the time lines for the team tasks
- Interacting with the users to make changes to the process and obtained the specifications
- Helped in providing the access to the CIS test environment to test the vouchers for business users
- Conducted several status meeting to discuss the progress and impediments
- Planned the deployment tasks for the implementation
E nvironment: Waterfall Methodology, Mainframe, COBOL,MS SharePoint, SQL, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS ACCESS,CIS, db2 tables, Oracle Application
Business Analyst /Project Lead
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Facilitating, leading the project and managing the team tasks
- Gathering Requirements by brainstorming & interviewing the business users & Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) & Conducted “AS IS” - “TO BE” Gap analysis
- Prepared many documentations: Functional scope document, high level and low level mapping documents for detailed billing field specifications, New fields specifications,DB2 field specifications documents, Data warehouse report specification documents
- Leading and conducted several workshops to gather requirements for the New reports by explaining the Reverse engineering documents to business users
- Communicating with the business users regarding the requirements or changes needed, new Billing rates, Issue traks, Following up on the project team if they are due in any timeline for providing information/requirements/documents
- Data analysis: Bill decoding, validating the data between Invoices, satellite reports and REVSTAT Db2
- Data Integrity: Requesting the changes required for the source system according to the target
- Data Mapping: Mapping the satellite data with the help of the satellite bills related CSS similar bills and db2 information
- Data Extraction: Retrieving the data for several bills and vouchers information in the customer Information system (CIS), REVSTAT db2,OSB portal
- Purchasing the required software License purchases and getting the software installed on the user’s computers
- Maintaining the Documentation on the SharePoint website and providing the access permissions to the required users
- Allotting work to manual testers and team members to ensure that the resources are not idle and monitor their progress
- Lead testing and monitor the exceptions and provide approvals to proceed, Regression testing by system support for daily testing
- Providing the test case and documents to business users and manual testers
- Contacting the IT team about the issues found in testing, debugging the issues and maintain the issue list
- Conducted UAT kick off meeting to explain the test plans, test scenarios and also User meetings
- Creating the Project Plan, time lines, monitoring the progress of the project, resolving the impediments faced by the team
- Plan the deployment phase and Work breakdown structure (WBS) to accomplish the team’s tasks.
- Lead the weekly Status meeting and tracking the pending tasks by the team and provide the timelines to complete.
- Performed Impact Analysis and lessened the gold plating to minimize the cost and risk
- Send out the Status reports to the steering committee members and meeting minutes to the team
- Getting the UAT approvals/sign off from the business Managers of several groups
- Getting approvals from Internal audit and PWC by providing the testing information
- Lead the GO/NO GO meeting for the final deployment and monitor the deployed jobs
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Mainframe, COBOL,MS SharePoint, SQL, MS Visio, Blue beam Extreme, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, SSIS,MS ACCESS, db2 tables, Oracle Application
Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Involved in preparing the project scope objectives & gathered business requirements by conducting client group interviews, focused groups, workshops.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Subject Matter Expert, Stake holders, Development Team to communicate their perspectives, resolve issues & reach consensus.
- Prepared business requirement document (BRD) & System Requirement Specification(SRS), System Design document (SDS), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) to provide details of each business & functional requirement, development & implementation plan of these requirements & timelines.
- Created UML Diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Logical data Models like ER Diagrams& Graphical user Interface (GUI) -Web Page Mock-Ups using MS Visio & Balsamiq thus defining the Business Process Model & Data Process Model.
- Coordinated with project stakeholders to track the progress of the project, updated status & lead review meeting to ensure that schedules &deliverables are met.
- Gathered requirements for the SOA architecture with loosely coupled components, SOAP protocol& Web services for the backend of the project &Scripted business rules for classes in middle tier application, & assisted in drafting agreements for various web services in XML format & Strived to accentuate the user experience with the help of Ajax programming.
- Supported for analysis & evaluation of data mining, data modeling& data sourcing in a data warehouse environment which included data design, database architecture, metadata, data marts& data governance.
- Assisted in the client side data validations, Data Mapping, staging of the data, Data Integration from various sources to the target through Informatica & generated many reports like Adhoc reports, financial reports, summary reports in data warehouse through Cognos.
- Collaborated with DBA to perform data mapping, executed simple & complex SQL queries to filter data from the database, Coordinated & controlled change request for the clients by conducting impact &cost analysis, prioritizing & mitigating changes &Involved extensively with Business Intelligence& data analytics through Qlikview tool
- Extensively involved in Regression & Black Box testing, Systems Testing &User Acceptance Testing& Authored test cases, Test Plan, Requirement traceability matrix with the help of quality assurance team in HPALM as well as ensuring testability, reliability, usability, maintainability & performance of the application.
- Interacted with developers to report data related bugs thorough JIRA& re-tested the resolved issues.
- Hosted Daily scrum calls by shadowing the project manager when necessary to update sponsor on status updates& project progress &Backlog refinement meetings for requirement detailing via use cases & to undertake management of churns.
- Created User stories, sprint burn-down charts Sprint Task list, Product Backlog, Product burn down chart, Facilitated Sprint Planning Meeting, daily stand-ups, review meetings & Retrospective meeting.
- Tracked team velocity& facilitated the process by resolving the conflicts in the team & avoiding the impediments throughout the project.
Environment: scrum (agile),MS-Visio, qlikview, Version one, .net, MY SQL, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, JAD, HP ALM, Web Services, HTML, XML, MySQL, Informatica 9.5,Agile,JIRA,Rational clear quest, Balsamiq, Cognos.
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Brea, CA
- Detailed knowledge of the business process being followed in the project environment as per SDLC Methodology
- Analyzed the business case to understand the needs of the customers, & documented GAP analysis.
- Identified stakeholders for participation in requirements gathering sessions & detailed analysis of project in-scope & out of scope high level requirements.
- Gathered all high level requirements from the business users through frequent face-to-face meetings & conference meetings, interviews & brain storming sessions with the business users to document & capture first hand business needs & requirements on Rational requisite pro.
- Authored the Business Requirements Document (BRD) &System Requirements Specification (SRS) for the project.
- Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows, responded to data requests, and re-engineered process flows, created process flow diagrams, documented Business Process& various Business Scenarios.
- Created validation rules & provided verbiage to developers for client-side validation, server-side validation & database validation & Documented all UML diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams
- Ensured accuracy, on time deliverables throughout the project & attended the change request meetings to document changes
- Coordinated in working with the Date ware house for extraction, Transformation & loading of the data from different sources by Informatica& generated reports for the data marts by Crystal reports for several DataMarts.
- Created test cases, test scenarios, Test plan for the system & maintained an error repository
- Managed issues & defects throughout the project lifecycle & escalated issues to upper-management via status reports.
- Involved in implementing deployment like authoring the user schedules & conducted user
- Coordinated for preparation of all project documentations, weekly status meeting, WBS, periodic peer review reports.
Environment: RUP Methodology, Rational requisite pro, Rational Rose,, Java, angular JS, Balsamiq, Rational Clear Quest, Tableau, Team found server, MS project, Crystal Reports, Html, xml, Confluence, MY SQL, HPQC, Informatica.
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum master
Confidential, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Environment: Agile (scrum),HP Quality Center, MS SharePoint, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, .NET, version one,xml,html5, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, MS Visio, Cognos, JIRA, DOORS, Informatica, MY SQL,Wireframes, Spotfire.