- Conserving capital - Streamlining Operations - Resolving Issues through Innovation
- A proven, PMI & ITIL certified leader in the Information Technology Industry, with the ability to define, map and adhere to project scope, specifications, time lines, resource, and budget requirements.
- A versatile, effective program manager, having managed small, medium and large projects ranging from one to thirty-three team members in cross-functional units, and budgets from $50K to $14M, adeptly utilizing resources from both local and offshore talent pools, spanning programs of one to four lines of business concurrently.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in Agile practices and methodologies, applying principles of Scrum, KanBan, Six Sigma and Lean to projects and tasks as appropriate.
- Fluent in many technologies, including: database systems, IT infrastructure, networks, mobile and web-based tools & media.
- Experienced in government, Aerospace/Defense, scientific research, finance, healthcare and supply-chain management programs.
- Consistently meets deadlines and budgetary constraints, while exceeding expectations of customers and management, excelling in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments as well as established corporate cultures.
- Adept at risk mitigation and reversing troubled projects, has successfully built a reputation of reliability, professionalism, dedication and integrity throughout an accomplished twenty - plus year career.
- System Architecting
- Relational Database Systems
- NO SQL Databases
- Cloud Computing Systems
- Data warehouses
- Web-Based Systems
- Data transformation
- Data migration
- Data integrity
- User Interface
- Mobile systems
- Legacy Systems & technologies
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Sr. Project Manager/Consultant
- Short-term contract position providing consulting services on agile transformation
- Observe and review current development process
- Report on findings & recommend initial steps to take toward agile transformation
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Responsible for the effective management and execution of tasks related to the OCIRIS, Tesla and DataLake projects.
- Instrumental in improving the regular delivery of working software.
- Closely collaborated with product owners & technical leads to define and map project direction.
- Collaborated with technical leads to produce a forward looking road map.
- Spearheaded effort to refine agile/scrum processes.
- Provided coaching toward refinement of scrum practices.
- Encouraged collaboration of team members across siloed work efforts.
- Tasked to refine and improve current Agile processes.
- Provide team training and coaching in Scrum methodology and process.
- Mentor team members in taking ownership of tasks using agile practices.
- Mentor management staff in transformation to Agile/Scrum process.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Successfully delivered prototype and first-production version of custom-developed product used internally to streamline end-to-end deployment business procedures in a technology-rich environment; successfully released first and second updates to the product while maintaining an steady pace of ongoing development.
- Spearheaded the effort to organize the Edge Planning Development team into an agile organization, implementing agile/scrum methodologies and practices while maintaining consistent development and delivery of complex project tasks and strategy. Develop and maintain project artifacts, including project backlog, user stories, technical documentation, etc.
- Act as Scrum Master for the Edge Planning Development team, leading team agile ceremonies (daily stand-up, backlog grooming, sprint planning and review sessions, sprint showcases, sprint retrospectives), encouraging an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork among the members of the team. Lead regular training sessions on the finer points of Agile and promote continual improvement and development of personal skills among members of the team. Shield the team from distractions and interruptions while maintaining open communications with product owners and stakeholders. Maintain project documentation using JIRA, Kan-Ban board, project registers and others.
- Engage with the product owners and other stakeholders on a regular basis, gathering requirements and feedback, providing regular updates and status on project progress, issues and risks. Make formal and informal presentations to stakeholders, management and executive staff, seeking feedback and approval on project and team progress.
- Lead and direct the Edge Planning Development team in organizing, prioritizing and executing tasks and work necessary to achieve the goals of the sprint, project and Engineering and Platform Services organization. Working with the team, product owners and stakeholders, develop strategies for improving team performance, quality of output and satisfaction with the work environment. Track team metrics such as velocity and burn-down, working with team members to implement improvements where needed.
- Work with the product owners to develop and maintain a project roadmap, adjusting as needed as work progresses during the project. Develop and maintain a Risks & Issues Register, keeping product owners and management informed of risks and plans for mitigation.
- Developed and maintain a monthly dashboard report of project status, progress, risks and issues to maintain transparency of team efforts and progress.
- Maintain awareness of project budget and items that affect it; use industry best practices to stay within budgetary constraints and minimize negative impacts to the budget,
- Assist product owner(s) by assuming responsibility of tasks that are outside of their area(s) of expertise
- Establish, lead and facilitate productive meetings of team members, management and stakeholders, driving toward successful outcome and action plan.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance as needed.
Confidential, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Senior Project Manager - Consultant
- Spearheaded a Windows Server 2003 OS & infrastructure upgrade project under budget and ahead of schedule.
- Spearheaded delivery of an MVP product development, managing extreme scope creep and stakeholder over-involvement, within extremely budget and schedule parameters.
- Facilitated business problem definition with client.
- Collaborated with client to arrive at innovative solutions to business problems.
- Managed local and offshore teams in execution of project plan and delivery of project output.
- Managed offshore engineering teams to developing technical solutions to meet project requirements.
- Collaborated with client management and staff professionals to develop a plan for resolving a problem utilizing technology as a part of the solution.
- Supplied project and program management services to assigned clients, utilizing appropriate methodologies such as Agile, Lean or Waterfall, as demanded by project parameters.
- Supplied all program and project management related documentation as required by client.
Confidential, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Project Manager (Agile-Scrum)
- Working in a PMO environment, Championed the transition from traditional to Agile-Scrum project methodology, providing guidance and coaching to the project team, and procuring training for team members and pertinent business partners.
- Spearheaded the project efforts of more than 20 periodic upgrades to a commercially available suite of products, adhering to PMO standards and guidelines, consisting of desktop, web-based and mobile applications used by researchers in the scientific, academic and other communities of study.
- Leveraged both local and offshore resources in development and testing of said upgrades and updates.
- Implemented improved communication and stakeholder management plans, promoting PMO goals and standards.
- Improved quality of delivered product by streamlining QA process and turnover.
- Accentuated team creativity while adhering to Agile, SDLC & PMLC concepts and organizational PMO standards; promoted technology development best practices among technical team members
- Streamlined change management process to better fit with agile methodology; improved QA function and quality of deliverables.
Confidential, Sacramento, California
Project Manager - Consultant
- Managed a cross functional team of 33 technology professionals and spearheaded completion of a 3-year, $14 million system upgrade project for a large federal agency, currently being used throughout the nation. This project consisted of software development, infrastructure upgrade and OS modernization, along with integration and training, each having subordinate project managers.
- Led and managed several small to medium sized enterprise and web-based client projects dealing with finance, compliance and modernization for both government and private sector organizations.
- Consistently delivered high-value products that met or exceeded project requirements.
- Communicated technical insight to client C-level and executive staff, reducing costs, complexity and saving time.
- Reduced costs by re-purposing equipment already on hand, procuring only the new equipment necessary for achieving project goals.
- Successfully obtained ITIL Level-3 certification
- Successfully obtained Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, achieving a very high score on first exam attempt.