- With to the job posting, I would like to be considered and take this opportunity to spell out the reasons you should hire me given my background that you will find in my resume.
- I have been working in a Global corporation for the last 11 years in the IS/IT team that supports full finance spectrum of Finance.
- I joined in 2007 as a Systems analyst and grew my way up to IT Manager, responsible for managing both SAP and Non - SAP Financial Functions, Systems and Business Processes for the organization.
- Here are some of the responsibilities I had and have in my role that would demonstrate my talents and skills for this role “Manager - Financial Systems” and why I believe I am truly fit for this job
- Led a team of consultants and FTE’s for migrating ECC to S/4 HANA Finance. Responsible for change impact communication, requirements, multiple phases of testing, data validation, report comparisons. 1 co code managed globally and 3 managed locally.
- Played a key role in transitioning local production support and maintenance to managed services with external vendor. (2014)
- Led the Finance team on several acquisitions, divestitures, back office integration, local enhancements, patches, upgrades, legal and management reporting requirements.
- Championed replication processes and systems and led a team of consultants to research into Idoc errors and replication failures and created processes for addressing the change impacts in the various reporting systems.
- Deep expertise in Statutory and internal reporting and managed data flow, schedule, processing run times for SAP BW, Hyperion Essbase.
- Managed the IFRS (15&16) change impacts in SAP and other downstream systems for Lease accounting and Revenue Recognition ( )
- Very familiar in the end to end configuration, integration, change management and validation of SAP systems.
- Designed, migrated, and coordinated around 200 RICEF components. ( )
- Playing Project Manager Role for all Finance relevant projects from requirements gathering, project approval, Resource estimating, staffing, Cost estimating, status reports, stake holder sign off.
- Currently playing SME and Functional/Technical SPOC role for Finance (includes all the key modules like GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Treasury and other complementary modules) , other cross streams, IS/IT teams, external support vendor.
- Led several PEC and YEC. Owned the PEC/YEC Calendar, publishing the reporting time lines, mitigating the system impacts and responsible for after action reviews, mitigation, follow up, resolution.
- Worked closely with SAP on Dart implementation, Max attention; improve systems and reporting run times.
- 20 years of Financial Management, Corporate Accounting and 15 years of designing and development of SAP and Non-SAP solutions in Finance and cross streams. Successfully implemented Systems, Practices and Solutions for Clients from Scope study, Fit-Gap analysis to Go-Live and Post-Live support in various projects.
- Has excellent communication skills and is a good team player.
- Led several IT implementation and upgrade projects contributing to the strategy of corporate and business units. Led several integration and roll out projects to Asian, North American and Latin American countries coordinating with Global ISIT teams across the world.
- Strong Financial and Management accounting expert and has developed various systems integration and interfaces involving multiple functions and applications.
- Designed and set up IT support services using external vendors, developed KPI’s, SLA and managed change requests for planned and ad hoc projects.
- Responsible for driving full implementation, continuous improvements, operational performance of applications and strategic key targets in the respective IT enterprise portfolio, through effective facilitation, communication, leadership, collaboration and communication, tracking and reporting.
- Championed Security and Compliance initiatives and member of Internal Control, audit and cloud assessment team representing the IT for Finance functions. Managed the Learning and functions for Finance and other cross-streams.
- Lead solutions from vendor selection to production support, including solution selection, architecture and design, implementation, project management and post production.
- Responsible for project governance and approval, resource planning, budget formulations as per the operating plans, manage the schedules for scope delivery and spend analysis and track the deliveries within the target.
- Designed and wrote functional and technical specifications for various interfaces from SAP to Data warehouses, Essbase, Oracle and BPC. Strong knowledge of BI analytics and SAP nuances in all types of SAP.
- Strong knowledge in data and integration between various instances and modules (SD, MM, HR) of SAP. Designed report interfaces from SAP to Oracle, BPC, BW, Essbase and other legacy applications.
- Led several PEC and YEC activities and supported Corporate Reporting, Tax and Audit team heavily on numerous complex statutory reports within tight deadlines. Collected system process run times to compare and improve system performances .Worked with SAP America max attention to enhance reporting performances.
- Successfully demonstrated in helping P2P, OTC, R2R, H2R end-users to validate system codes and settings. Influenced and collaborated to lead and drive collective decisions with cross-functional teams.
- Very familiar with KPI’s like RIG, OG, Sales Price variance, Currency Impact, Net Net sales, Customer profitability, NPS, OPL, Sales Flash etc.,
- Developed and managed large testing scopes with multiple phases of MIT, MAT, UAT, VST, FUT and various regression and integration testing for new implementation, upgrades and patch release.
- Strong problem solving skills and customer focus. Incident and Problem identification, resolution and Co-ordination with Global/offshore team for providing solutions. Understanding on multiple modules and capability to do configuration, gap analysis and proof of concepts of various requirements.
- SDLC, SOW, WBS, Project Plan
- MS Project, Visio, Excel, Access, Jira
- PMO, Planning/Optimization
- Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Capital Projects.
- Simple SQL queries, ALE, Idocs, EDI, Concur
- Data warehouse designs, enhancements.
- Legacy Conversion / Solution design
- Full spectrum of Finance, (COGS, distribution costing, AP, AR, Inventory management, Real Estate,, planning and reporting, T&E, Asset accounting, Treasury, Auditing, Tax, Planning, budgeting)
- Vendor Mgmt, RFI, RFP, RFQ
- Automation testing tools like Mercury, HPQC
- SAP, Integration between SD, MM, HR
- SAP Roles and Security, Compliance.
- ERP Cross Application components integration and design.
- Incident management, Request management, SLA’s, Knowledge base.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
IT Project Manager - Financial Systems
- Recently completed an S/4 Hana SAP technical upgrade for 4 operating co codes.
- Responsible for managing configuration, testing,, change management, different types of testing (Volume, Stress, PEC etc.) and go-live planning and hyper care support for S/4 HANA SAP.
- Lead the internal team on several in-house projects. Lead the FINANCE team in migration of 4.7 to ECC6.0 for North American markets.
- Served as FINANCE/P2P SME and Lead for Finance deliverables by external vendor.
- Evaluated proposal from Strategic Overheads cost management (SOCM) to implement dynamic forecasting and reporting in BPC.
- Served as Manager on Duty for critical incidents across the market and worked with multiple teams across the Globe coordinating multiple teams across multiple time zones.
- Designed and developed Interfaces with Legacy applications like Oracle, BPC, and Essbase etc.
- Designed and managed data warehouse for tax SAP and DART/Archiving implementation to supplement Tax reporting to IRS.
- Managed the IFRS (15&16) change impacts in SAP and other downstream systems for Lease accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Managed data sensitivity and Implemented a excel based automated tool to replace manual JE’s and worked with Roles and Security to remove redundant accesses for tighter controls.
- Serving as a member of Internal Control and Compliance center for Finance initiatives and recommendations.
- Managed and delivered several Period end and Year end close activities. Led several discovery sessions, after action reviews, continuous improvement workshops collaborating with Stakeholders from Finance, cross stream and IS/IT Orgs.
- Developed and managed interfaces from SAP to BW, BPC, Oracle and Hyperion. Managed the interfaces between Essbase and SAP for Cost Center planning, Profit Center reporting, Profitability planning and reporting.
- Manage expectations with FICO Master data team on setting up customer hierarchies, product hierarchies, sales areas, base product codes, derivation rules, evaluating reporting impacts.
- Worked closely with Cost center of competence in Factory budgeting, Standard Cost estimate and price release.
- Led a team of consultants to research in the idoc errors, replication failures and their impact on multiple reporting systems. Developed business process mapping, workflow and data modelling to propose the system outcome.
- Managed and contributed for several acquisition, integration, divestiture, back office integration projects.
- Development and change management approver for system functionality and configuration and accountable for their impact on Business systems.
- Built and leveraged metrics, incident reports, availability reporting and trends to improve system functionality. Produced report to monitor enhancements, upgrades and patches to the environment.
- Responsible for system maintenance, end user, support and documentation, procedures and guidelines for the divisions, application Support team, Service Desk and others. Participates in disaster recovery plans, testing and exercises.
- Owned the finance inventory of custom development, applications, interfaces, periodical testing, and documentation.
- Built and leveraged automation to decrease overall system downtime and improve systems operations and reporting deliverables and timelines.
- Championed Security and Compliance initiatives and member of Internal Control, audit and cloud assessment team representing the IT for Finance functions. Managed the Learning and deliverables for Finance and other cross-streams.
- Performed major role in transitioning to external service provider, responsible for documentation, management, KT plan and vendor’s SLA’s.
- Collaborate across Global teams in problem resolution. Support and provide resolutions for Global reconciliation report (ledger reconciliations), lay out best practices, root cause analysis, preventive actions, and continuous monitoring
SAP FINANCE Support lead
- Identified business systems solution requirements by interviewing clients; analyzing work processes and operations; establishing solution objectives; evaluating information systems functionality to identify gaps; measuring the solution impact to business operations. Facilitates and occasionally leads or champions the effort to document business requirements with sign-off by business stakeholders. Recommends business process redesign where applicable
- Provided functional assistance in the development of RICEF (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms).
- Configured Accounting Principles (US GAAP / IFRS) and for parallel ledgers.
- Created a change impact documents in the downstream systems, financial statement versions, reporting nodes when modifying or creating a new GL account.
- Configured asset depreciation areas for US GAAP, IFRS and Tax.
- Verified business systems solutions by creating test plans and scripts; conducting unit and integration testing in conjunction with customers using QA processes
- Maintained and delivered solutions by supporting configuration for existing applications; implementing improvements.
- Contributed to organization success by responding to requests, helping others accomplish required results
- Written functional specifications for custom reports and worked closely with the technical team in developing the functional objects.
- Facilitated team discussions in setting up Business rules framework. Prepared scenarios for unit, functional and integration testing.
- Extended production support and maintenance for critical business issues and trained end users, prepared user documentation and necessary material.
SAP FINANCE application consultant
- Involved in blueprinting and workshops, requirement analysis for streamlining the various processes including OB10 (Vendor Invoice Management Solutions)
- Conducted requirements gathering workshops and documented the business processes.
- Defined Vendor Account Groups and screen layouts per activity & company code; defined number ranges for vendor accounts and assigned these number ranges to vendor account groups.
- Implemented PRO (Product related overheads) process and reporting using WBS budgeting and settlement to final products.
- Configured Transaction types and posting rules for Electronic Bank statement Processing.
- Worked extensively with Accounts Payable modules with respect to Payment run, payment methods, flat file interfaces with Banks e.g. AMEX, CITI Remittance files.
- Worked with offshore invoice processing team for issues while processing in SAP.
- Developed user exit solution for PFME based PO’s to release Invoices for payment without GR.
- Written functional specifications for custom reports and worked closely with the technical team in developing the functional objects.
- Cost Center Accounting: Created cost centers, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, Cost Center categories and maintained default account assignments
- Cost Element Accounting: Created Primary and Secondary Cost Elements, created Cost Element Groups, activity types, statistical key figures.
- In Internal Orders maintained order types, screen layouts, maintained order groups, status management, maintained settlement rules, settlement profile, planning profile, budget profile, availability control etc.
- Profit Center Accounting: Created Profit centers, Standard Hierarchy, Configured Profit center Master Data and maintained Automatic Account Assignments
- Configured Asset Accounting: Creation of Chart of Depreciation, Defining Assets class, Account determination, Creation of Asset Master, In-house creation of Assets, Depreciation Run, AUC (Asset under Settlement Closing).
- Integrated with HR wage types, symbolic accounts and supported payroll accrual process.
- Prepared scenarios for unit, functional and integration testing.
- Extended production support for critical business issues and trained end users, prepared user documentation and necessary material.
SAP FINANCE Application consultant
- Maintained standards in implementation methodology by following ASAP implementation strategy including the documentation of case procedures, end user documents, business process procedures.
- Defined the enterprise structure for the company, Company code and controlling area global settings.
- Designed and configured the Chart of Accounts, GL masters, No ranges, Account groups, field status groups.
- Defined account groups, document types, number ranges, field status groups, special Gl Accounts
- Configured automatic postings in integration with SD, MM & PP module.
- Configuring Automatic Payment Program and the Manual Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Worked on configuration of the Cash Journal by defining the business transactions and creating the number range for the documents.
- Worked on configuration of Asset Accounting module doing configuration of Chart of depreciation, Depreciation areas, asset types, period control, Calculation keys, account determination, assigning GL accounts for posting etc.
- Designed the Financial Statement Version for the company.
- Extensively worked on Vendor/Customer Master Records, Client Specific Payment Terms, Lockbox, Dunning and Payment Methods.
- Developed Customized reports for Vendor/Customer Aging Analysis.
- Mapped and Defined the Chart of Accounts and Customized to the Client requirements.
- Customized the Account Groups and Field Status Groups.
- Defined the G/L accounts for Materials Management and set up the Integration between FI and MM through Automatic Account Assignment.
- Performed Unit testing Integration testing and assisted in User Acceptance testing.
- Worked on data migration from legacy system to SAP R/3 using Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW) tool.
- Authorized user for Document Types.
- Designed and configured the primary and secondary cost elements, cost element groups, Cost center groups, Activity types, and Activity type groups.
- Configured Assessment cycles to assess the indirect costs to various cost centers including defining distribution rules.
- Developed the specs for the custom reports requested by the clients and tested the reports after development.
- Responsible for project estimating, costing analysis by breakdown of detailed cost components.
- Bidding, project specific costing and cost control measures.
- Final Invoicing, A/C’s receivables Management, Final settlement with reps and Owners.
- Preparing Sub contract documents and claims.
- Instrumental in coordinating with operations dept. to implement and maintain ISO Quality and OHSAS Safety standards.
- Responsible for ISO Documentation and its periodic review.
- Lead the FI User Team in implementing SAP Systems.